AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

7 minutes ago, BestActressGaga said:

The Star Is Born soundtrack is a global smash, does Warner Bros profit from that? Is it part of the profit they'll make from the movie?

I'm sure they profit from it but my guess is Cooper and particularity Gaga get a significant chunk of it, not to mention Interscope Records.

Edited by TalismanRing

10 minutes ago, BestActressGaga said:

The Star Is Born soundtrack is a global smash, does Warner Bros profit from that? Is it part of the profit they'll make from the movie?

Gaga wrote or co wrote most of the songs, so she’ll profit the most probably 

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Lol stop 

Theres 4 that I adore. But I loved the film, best of the whole year, IMO. 

4 is not enough and that being generous. the album is quite basic and uninspired and doesn’t hold a candle to the amazingness that was The Greatest Showman soundtrack. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Manny G said:

doesn’t hold a candle to the amazingness that was The Greatest Showman soundtrack. 

Umm, TGS soundtrack amazing? What? The "soundtrack" for that was the same shit I crap on the radio every day. Even the intentionally shitty pop songs in A Star is Born (Hair, Body, Face and Why did You do That?) were better than the unintentionally awful pop songs in TGS.

Like I get that we are talking about opinions but I don't understand how A Star is Born soundtrack is "basic and uninspired" but TGS's isn't.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Gaga wrote or co wrote most of the songs, so she’ll profit the most probably 

Royalty payment is not a major source of income for most artists. It usually takes a long time for a song's rights to become profitable for songwriters and performers.

It's the record label who owns the rights to the recordings of the soundtrack. Therefore, most of the revenues from sales or streaming go to the record label.

Edited by Neucentro

35 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Lol stop 

Theres 4 that I adore. But I loved the film, best of the whole year, IMO. 

I only like one song on the soundtrack (Always Remember Us This Way, also the best scene in the movie). 

But I gained new apprectiation for the movie, especially after I watched Vice, Ben Is Back, Destroyer, Mary Queen of Flops, First Man, Mary Poppins, Roma, Bohemian Rape City, etc (they all sucked to varying degrees). 

I liked Widows, though! 

• Like 1

‘Avengers: Endgame,’ ‘Captain Marvel’ Rated By Atom Tickets As Most Anticipated 2019 Film Releases

(For the ones asking questins about CM)

Edited by terrestrial

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I only like one song on the soundtrack (Always Remember Us This Way, also the best scene in the movie). 

But I gained new apprectiation for the movie, especially after I watched Vice, Ben Is Back, Destroyer, Mary Queen of Flops, First Man, Mary Poppins, Roma, Bohemian Rape City, etc (they all sucked to varying degrees). 

I liked Widows, though! 

Please, never, ever change, La Binoche! I love reading these sorts of (genuine?) contrarian posts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Manny G said:

4 is not enough and that being generous. the album is quite basic and uninspired and doesn’t hold a candle to the amazingness that was The Greatest Showman soundtrack. 

What lol, different music for different people obviously but I loved both and they had huge success with audiences, soundtrack and film. 

11 minutes ago, Neucentro said:

Royalty payment is not a major source of income for most artists. It usually takes a long time for a song's rights to become profitable for songwriters and performers.

It's the record label who owns the rights to the recordings of the soundtrack. Therefore, most of the revenues from sales or streaming go to the record label.

Yeh I’m sure as an individual she’ll profit the most. That’s a revenue stream that’ll never go away. The revenue goes to the label, who then have to distribute it to everyone involved. I’m sure the writer and performer will get the top cut.  

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Umm, TGS soundtrack amazing? What? The "soundtrack" for that was the same shit I crap on the radio every day. Even the intentionally shitty pop songs in A Star is Born (Hair, Body, Face and Why did You do That?) were better than the unintentionally awful pop songs in TGS.

Like I get that we are talking about opinions but I don't understand how A Star is Born soundtrack is "basic and uninspired" but TGS's isn't.

Bye, TGS soundtrack was not the same shit your hear int he radio stop it. You’re literally the first person I ever hear saying that. 

It was a modern version of Brodway songs that’s what makes it amazing. The songs are structured like Broadway songs but have a modern twist to them. 

ASIB soundtrack sounds like a bunch reject from Gaga previous album with an ounce of pretentiousness. 

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

What lol, different music for different people obviously but I loved both and they had huge success with audiences, soundtrack and film. 

Yeh I’m sure as an individual she’ll profit the most. That’s a revenue stream that’ll never go away. The revenue goes to the label, who then have to distribute it to everyone involved. I’m sure the writer and performer will get the top cut.  

Actually the label will get the top cut, then song publisher, the writer, and last the performer.

For reference, https://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/music-royalties6.htm