AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

Speaking of Michael Bay... I actually really miss 90s Bay. Just saw The Rock (1996) a couple of days ago with my father (one of this favourite films) and it just...rocks (lol, sorry). Great, great action film and hilarious banter between Cage and Connery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they seem to be The Angriest Fanbase. star wars fans are also an angry fanbase but they're always angry at star wars movies. DC people are angry about every movie that isn't a dc 

Edited by Yakiiz
I think it was mean I'm sorry

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

also if we wanna talk about inclusion, i can't think of another franchise that puts bald men in the spotlight like those movies do. people like @MrPink need heroes too.

Jude Law in Beasts was gonna give me life but now I have to wait till Captain Marvel 🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

2pzgxp5.jpg

Seriously... Shut it.

Lets not go crazy and pretend that the jump between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight is based purely on an increase in quality that the general audience noticed. The Dark Knight's take was inflated in large part by two factors: 1) Curiosity in the first new appearance by a villain with very deep pop culture roots in the Joker. 2) The death of one of the young leading actors in Heath Ledger, which is the same reason one of the Fast and Furious movies busted through the $1bil mark when all the previous entries were within the same general range. Considering Bumblebee is a prequel, the only character that could possibly fill in for #1 would be Megatron and we've already seen it. And God forbid #2 happens again.

25 minutes ago, boyamama said:

STOP with the LIES......every fanbase is the same.........there's always pro and con....

Maybe, maybe not, but certainly not in the way the average box office message board users experience with the fanbase.

The giant Clint Eastwood fanbase is not at all the same has every other fanbase, I doubt the giant twilight, Transformer or 50 shades fanbase reacted to bad reviews the same ways other fanbase do and so on.

Different property will attract different demographic in gender and age, different personally type that will make them different. Hercule Poirot fanbase will not be the same than the GI Joe fanbase.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Yeah. I still think the first one is pretty close to what I always wanted from a TF movie - I needed about 25% less shouting and 20% more cohesion in the action, but that's pretty good as far as Bay goes. BB has well-shot action, but there's little of it, small in scale and I think the VFX just don't look right. I also think that while it's nice they spent SO MUCH on the relationship between girl and machine, it still came across as a poor copy of much better movies. As I said, though, it's an improvement, especially compared to the last couple of Bay's movies. I'd be happy for the same team to do an Optimus Prime movie.

This.

I mean....if the TF sequels with Bay had better quality on par with/or at least better than TF1, they would probably have done better at the box office.

TF2 might have reached $450M+ DOM & $1B+ WW if done right. Then TF3 might have gotten either close to or over $400M+ & $1.2-1.3B WW and coming close to HP: DH2’s WW-gross if it had satisfyingly concluded Sam Witwicky’s storyarc. TF4 might have gotten a bit close to or beating TF1’s DOM gross while still being a $1.1-1.2B WW hit if the quality was good enough.

And TF5 might have either not dropping too much/got over $900M-1B WW if it was more crowdpleasing.

That way...the TF-franchise would have gone in the right direction and hold fine long enough.

But nope....Michael Bay’s trademarks leaves critics & audiences with doubts on a good live-action TF-film. Thankfully though, Bumblebee corrects a lot of the mistakes that Bay did on the sequels.

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

are giving the franchise a chance to revive.

This is nonsense.  This is why people are arguing with you because you are posting nonsense.  Every single movie outside of JL has made WB a ton of money.  Aquaman is just the latest in a string of very successful movies.  The next Wonder Woman will be a success.  I'd guess Shazzam will be a success too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Barnack said:

Maybe, maybe not, but certainly not in the way the average box office message board users experience with the fanbase.

The giant Clint Eastwood fanbase is not at all the same has every other fanbase, I doubt the giant twilight, Transformer or 50 shades fanbase reacted to bad reviews the same ways other fanbase do and so on.

Different property will attract different demographic in gender and age, different personally type that will make them different. Hercule Poirot fanbase will not be the same than the GI Joe fanbase.

lol i bet every name u mention actually don't have fanbase ....

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

This.

I mean....if the TF sequels with Bay had better quality on par with/or at least better than TF1, they would probably have done better at the box office.

TF2 might have reached $450M+ DOM & $1B+ WW if done right. Then TF3 might have gotten either close to or over $400M+ & $1.2-1.3B WW and coming close to HP: DH2’s WW-gross if it had satisfyingly concluded Sam Witwicky’s storyarc. TF4 might have gotten a bit close to or beating TF1’s DOM gross while still being a $1.1-1.2B WW hit if the quality was good enough.

And TF5 might have either not dropping too much/got over $900M-1B WW if it was more crowdpleasing.

That way...the TF-franchise would have gone in the right direction and hold fine long enough.

But nope....Michael Bay’s trademarks leaves critics & audiences with doubts on a good live-action TF-film. Thankfully though, Bumblebee corrects a lot of the mistakes that Bay did on the sequels.

Honestly though the TF movies already kind of overperformed. Back before it came out nobody would have thought a franchise based on toys would make the money it did

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

Lets not go crazy and pretend that the jump between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight is based purely on an increase in quality that the general audience noticed. The Dark Knight's take was inflated in large part by two factors: 1) Curiosity in the first new appearance by a villain with very deep pop culture roots in the Joker. 2) The death of one of the young leading actors in Heath Ledger, which is the same reason one of the Fast and Furious movies busted through the $1bil mark when all the previous entries were within the same general range. Considering Bumblebee is a prequel, the only character that could possibly fill in for #1 would be Megatron and we've already seen it. And God forbid #2 happens again.

Umm that’s not the point of bringing up Batman Begins. The point of bringing it up was to show that if studios thought the way a certain poster (posters actually) on here is thinking, then there wouldn’t even be a Dark Knight movie. WB when they green lit the sequel to Batman Begins didn’t know that the two movies following it would be billion dollar grossers. I’m sure they had plans for a trilogy or if they didn’t then they green lit the sequel after Batman Begins was well received but the point is the way some of you guys are talking about Bumblebee, movies like The Dark Knight wouldn’t even made because Batman Begins was a “bomb” at the box office and thus shouldn’t get a sequel. 

And Marvel studios shouldn’t have green lit Captain America The Winter Soldier because The First Avenger was a “flop” at the box office. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

Just now, Telemachos said:

These threads would be greatly improved if we all remembered we actually don’t know shit about the inner workings of any of this. 

If we can just lower the budget by 20% we can proceed with another Transformers film, trust me

• Haha 1

Just now, Nova said:

Umm that’s not the point of bringing up Batman Begins. The point of bringing it up was to show that if studios thought the way a certain poster (posters actually) on here is thinking, then there wouldn’t even be a Dark Knight movie. WB when they green lit the sequel to Batman Begins didn’t know that the two movies following it would be billion dollar grossers. I’m sure they had plans for a trilogy or if they didn’t then they green lit the sequel after Batman Begins was well received but the point is the way some of you guys are talking about Bumblebee, movies like The Dark Knight wouldn’t even made because Batman Begins was a bomb at the box office and thus shouldn’t get a sequel. 

Batman Begins was better received than Bumblebee and did really well on home video (back then movies could still make loads of money on home video) 

• Thanks 1