AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

1 minute ago, Nova said:

When you made an Aquaman over Wonder Woman domestic club and everyday you pray that the receipts don’t get posted :ph34r:

tbh, it's gonna end up being a lot closer than anyone ever thought. Also you were the first dude to predict China explosion, which was also something most weren't expecting to be as big as it ended up being.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Oh wow. Aquaman is missing these predictions. What an utter flop. How can Warner Bros. spin such a disaster?

See, I can do this shit too.

I never said anything about Poppins being a flop

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I never said anything about Poppins being a flop

People have problem in understanding the difference between flop and disappointment.

Flop is a financial disaster like mortal engine while disappointment could be something making profit but not the level that hype suggested. 

Successful and disappointment can happen simultaneously. Those who deliberately pull down the expectation so that the final result looked overperforming no matter how, are just set up their own self-congratulatory agenda.

And vice versa.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

When you made an Aquaman over Wonder Woman domestic club and everyday you pray that the receipts don’t get posted :ph34r:

should've changed it to over Wonder Woman worldwide but it's gonna come real close to Wonder Woman domestically (350M+ is likely) more than anyone else could've predicted :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

By the way, Stan & Ollie is getting healthy reviews so I wouldn't be surprised to see a film like that have a solid debut in its platform opening. Not saying it has time to become a surprise BP candidate or anything, but I do think a nice little success is in its grasp.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I know. I'm just pointing out the 400M predicts for AQM, and the hypocrisy of these people spouting "FLOP FLOP FLOP" for Poppins.

The general consensus post-SDCC was that Aquadude was gonna struggle to hit $200m tho. Poppins is doing good, but the expectations for that were a lot higher than the expectations for wet Thor. That's probably why there aren't many calling AQM a flop, since even if it did Ant-Man 2 numbers it'd be higher than what was being expected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3