AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

The hate for Vice on this site is fairly inexplicable. Awesome movie, minus the fact that one scene in the first 30 minutes seems literally spliced in from later in the movie? Anyways, great shit, and something that people NEED to see and understand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I said it weeks before it came out and I’ll say it again. Bumblebee didn’t need to set the box office on fire. What it needed to do was show audiences that the Transformers franchise is headed in a new/different direction. I won’t trash Bay’s Transformers as he made it into a billion dollar franchise. But when you’ve got a franchise like Transformers, it’s important every now and then to switch things up so audiences stay engaged with the franchise and it doesn’t turn into a sinking ship that can’t be saved. It seems like they were able to reboot the Transformers franchise without much of a hiccup and that’s all that matters in my opinion. We shall see if it pays off for sure with the sequels. 

• Like 5

Aquaman seems like $325mn finish if it follow the first Hobbit from here on. $215mn by New Year.

Hobbit did $65mn after $9.5mn New Year day i.e. ~7x, assuming a $16mn New Year day roughly gives $110mn.

Another way is post New Year weekend of $32mn, Hobbit added $82mn i.e. 2.55x, that will give Aquaman $135mn after this weekend, i.e. $190mn + $135mn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

it only cost $102m or something, so it's fine so far

Didn’t it cost $135M? that’s what BOM says. A $135M movie not covering it budget 10 days post release is not really fine. Fine would be if it already made like $150M Worldwide on it way to doubling the budget.

Just now, Nova said:

I said it weeks before it came out and I’ll say it again. Bumblebee didn’t need to set the box office on fire. What it needed to do was show audiences that the Transformers franchise is headed in a new/different direction. I won’t trash Bay’s Transformers as he made it into a billion dollar franchise. But when you’ve got a franchise like Transformers, it’s important every now and then to switch things up so audiences stay engaged with the franchise and it doesn’t turn into a sinking ship that can’t be saved. It seems like they were able to reboot the Transformers franchise without much of a hiccup and that’s all that matters in my opinion. We shall see if it pays off for sure with the sequels. 

As disappointed as I was with Bumblebee, it's still miles and miles better than Bay's movies, so I am hoping they continue in this direction - I just hope Paramount don't take this result badly and revert to Bay shenanigans. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Every time a DC movie comes out, I’m reminded why I find DC fanboys so annoying. Like fanboys in general are annoying as all hell but DC fanboys somehow someway always manage to take it that extra step. 

they seem to be The Angriest Fanbase. star wars fans are also an angry fanbase but they're always angry at star wars movies. DC people are angry about every movie that isn't a dc movie.

• Like 14
  • Haha 8
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

With those updated estimates, what's Aquabro's 3-day looking at? $52-53m?

Sounds good. IMO the low-end should be around

18.6 (+9%)

14.3 (-23%)

= 50

2-4 more is possible.