Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

my ranking of the series:

1. mission impossible:ghost protocol. such a cool name, tom cruise is so cool and the new characters were so cool . seeing burj khalifa on the big screen in all its wonder and beauty was really nice 

2. mission impossible: rogue nation. the lady spy is really cool , great addition and great setpieces 

3. mission impossible: fallout. the name doesn't make much sense but still cool, cavill was cool and tom was cool , 

4. mission impossible: mission impossible. what can I say, cool classic tom 

5. mission impossible 3
6. mission impossible 1 

1 hour ago, handofjustice said:

I think that what a lot of people aren't considering with the WOM is the scientology factor with the movie honestly 

Mission impossible is a youth franchise who gets bombarded about what all tom cruise does behind the screen and inside his house on platforms like twitter, instagram and tumblr 
It is not like top gun where there isn't much youth factor 

The youth are known to care about these things 

So I think initial weekend will have heavy rush of tom cruise fans and propel it to almost 100 million but it is also important to recognize the scientology factor 

because of it I honestly think that the films second week won't earn as high as the first

You know the saying friends 

"everyone wanna be like titanic but no one is truly titanic"

Tom Cruise What GIF

• Haha 3

I think that what a lot of people aren't considering with the WOM is the scientology factor with the movie honestly 

Mission impossible is a youth franchise who gets bombarded about what all tom cruise does behind the screen and inside his house on platforms like twitter, instagram and tumblr 
It is not like top gun where there isn't much youth factor 

The youth are known to care about these things 

So I think initial weekend will have heavy rush of tom cruise fans and propel it to almost 100 million but it is also important to recognize the scientology factor 

because of it I honestly think that the films second week won't earn as high as the first

You know the saying friends 

"everyone wanna be like titanic but no one is truly titanic"

big GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

my ranking of the series:

1. mission impossible:ghost protocol. such a cool name, tom cruise is so cool and the new characters were so cool . seeing burj khalifa on the big screen in all its wonder and beauty was really nice 

2. mission impossible: rogue nation. the lady spy is really cool , great addition and great setpieces 

3. mission impossible: fallout. the name doesn't make much sense but still cool, cavill was cool and tom was cool

4. mission impossible: mission impossible. what can I say, cool classic tom 

5. mission impossible 3
6. mission impossible 1 

Well, judging by the cool-o-meter, your true intrusive ranking would be as follows:

1. Ghost Protocol - 3 cool points

2. Fallout - 3 cool points

3. Rogue Nation - 1 cool point

4. MI1 - 1 cool point

5. MI3 - 0 cool points

6. MI2 - 0 cool points

• Like 4

Fallout is still the best Mission Impossible by far for one very simple reason: They left the best action sequence for last (Cruise vs Cavill in the mountain).

Ghost Protocol and Rouge Nation are great movies but they peaked too early by putting their best scenes either in the very beginning (the air plane scene) or in the middle (the Burj Khalifa scene).

I still like all of them though.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Well, judging by the cool-o-meter, your true intrusive ranking would be as follows:

1. Ghost Protocol - 3 cool points

2. Fallout - 3 cool points

3. Rogue Nation - 1 cool point

4. MI1 - 1 cool point

5. MI3 - 0 cool points

6. MI2 - 0 cool points

I mean cool factor is obviously very important for a movie no doubting that thank you for the list we all appreciate it 

1 hour ago, Boxx93 said:

Fallout is still the best Mission Impossible by far for one very simple reason: They left the best action sequence for last (Cruise vs Cavill in the mountain).

Ghost Protocol and Rouge Nation are great movies but they peaked too early by putting their best scenes either in the very beginning (the air plane scene) or in the middle (the Burj Khalifa scene).

Air plane is the best stunt in Rogue Nation. But the best action sequence is the Opera house

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

Rewatched Rouge Nation yesterday (anyone else still call it that?) and the underwater heist scene is still pretty damn incredible. For me it peaks there.

• Like 1

I just finished watching MI 3 as I rewatch the series. Hoffman really is just incredible, and it’s intriguing to see Hunt so happy, and so ready to give it up, at the beginning of the movie. Having said that, the movie doesn’t spend enough time on either of that. More Hoffman, and more moral conflict for Hunt, would have made it a lot stronger I think.

Still, while they’re not exactly well shot, there’s some great set pieces here: the bridge, the skyscrapers in Shanghai, the Vatican heist. The difference between this one and 4-6 is that they finally nail the execution

Edited by abracadabra1998

12 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I just finished watching MI 3 as I rewatch the series. Hoffman really is just incredible, and it’s intriguing to see Hunt so happy, and so ready to give it up, at the beginning of the movie. Having said that, the movie doesn’t spend enough time on either of that. More Hoffman, and more moral conflict for Hunt, would have made it a lot stronger I think.

Still, while they’re not exactly well shot, there’s some great set pieces here: the bridge, the skyscrapers in Shanghai, the Vatican heist. The difference between this one and 4-6 is that they finally nail the execution

I think I tend to agree with you on this one, as I have also just finished my MI3 rewatch tonight, but I think the tension throughout the whole movie is what elevates it for me. The execution may not have been quite there, but I don't think I care as much as other people might because I liked the thriller aspects of the movie that much more. The movie also feels like 3 movies mashed together into one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

The best scene of Rogue Nation was the opera scene. The opening scene (dangling from the plane) was too gimmicky.

• Like 2