sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimate | LEGO MOVIE 2 $8.5M | WHAT MEN WANT $6.6M | COLD PURSUIT $ 3.64M | THE PRODIGY $2.02M

11 minutes ago, kitik said:

Keep in mind that Lego sold $4 billion worth of Lego toys last year. That's billion with a B. These movies are just small potatoes.

Profit from those $4 billion must be around $500mn approx I guess, lower may be. Besides I don't know if that's the retail price $4 Billion or company price to wholesalers, in case of latter the number would be even lower.

Also, toys don't have anything to do with Warner Bros right? Then it doesn't matter at all because its movies/box office that concern not toys.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Another WB franchise failing. Soon the only franchise they'll have will be the one created by Zack Snyder. How ironic, after the living Hell the media made his family go through.

serious talk, enough of this bit.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Ohh, I though you are saying Internationally Titans > Alita. That would have been absurd.

In regards of Chile, you have better say.

I'm fairly conflicted actually. It looks like it will bomb, but there's too little competition and Summer makes the drops look like Japan's. 

Anyway, currently there's no way to track the number of admissions so it would be pointless

15 minutes ago, babz06 said:

This year is off to a rocky start. Hopefully March/April blows up. 

I have to imagine the combo of Captain Marvel, Us, Dumbo, Shazam, and Avengers alone are gonna more than make up for the box office blues that have been caused by unappealing product (next weekend is looking especially to be a waste of the spot that saw Black Panther blow up last year).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2