filmlover

Best Actor Predictions 2019

8 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Apparently the both have about 2 full hours of screentime. If any of them is pushed to supporting it will be the fraud to end all frauds.

Mahershala Ali just won a second Oscar a few months ago for what was definitely a co-lead performance in Supporting. Though I suppose their standards are different when you have two bona fide Movie Stars front and center.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joel M said:

Apparently the both have about 2 full hours of screentime. If any of them is pushed to supporting it will be the fraud to end all frauds.

hear hear! I want Brad to win Lead. I think that Leo would campaign for him.

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

hear hear! I want Brad to win Lead. I think that Leo would campaign for him.

Yeah, If they manage to get them both nominated in lead, Brad is gonna get most of the leo votes too. 

52 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Egerton is better in Rocketman than any of the noms last year, will be a shame when he misses

They really should have given this movie an Oscar push after the success of bohemian rhapsody last year. Egerton was incredible, way better then Rami. Not to mention he sung the songs himself too. So much talent! 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Rocketman was released in the summer to coincide with Pride Month (and after seeing the movie, understandably so - it does a much more effective job of handling John's sexuality than BoRap did Mercury's). If the movie manages to have strong staying power I'm sure Paramount will give Egerton a big campaign towards the end of the year, especially since they have nothing else to play up for awards season and he's a surefire Golden Globe nominee.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure Rocketman was released in the summer to coincide with Pride Month (and after seeing the movie, understandably so - it does a much more effective job of handling John's sexuality than BoRap did Mercury's). If the movie manages to have strong staying power I'm sure Paramount will give Egerton a big campaign towards the end of the year, especially since they have nothing else to play up for awards season and he's a surefire Golden Globe nominee.

what if will smith gets nominated for both best actor AND best supporting actor 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Egerton isn’t going to fade away. He’ll still be standing come December.

I agree. If the Academy loved Bohemian Rhapsody enough to give it Four Academy Awards, then they will love Rocketman enough to remember it the way the remember recent early-release contenders such as Dunkirk and Get Out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Feel good about Jordan, DiCaprio, Driver (as long as he doesn't crowd himself out with the Report), and Banderas. Think the 5th spot is looking totally up for grabs.

i agree with these four and i've got The Joaqer in for five because it'd be funny.

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i agree with these four and i've got The Joaqer in for five because it'd be funny.

Amazing name, would be very funny. Would also like Uncanny Valley De Niro to show up too. It'll probably be like Jonathan Pryce or Ian McKellan or something, a good actor who I like but boring. Everyone is insistent that Hanks is a supporting role in the Mr. Rogers thing so I'm keeping him there for now.

Adam Driver

Joaquin Phoenix

Leonardo DiCaprio

Antonio Banderas

Taron Egerton

Driver is having such a strong year. And I guess we’ll know for sure out of Venice but even if the film is well-received and Joaquin gets career-best raves, I can’t see him winning for a role that just won an Oscar a decade ago. 

• Like 1

I feel like Egerton's gonna end up a total nonfactor for even a nomination (he'll get a Golden Globe nom but assuming OUATIH is going Comedy/Musical, it's gonna be Leo's to lose). As great as he is in the movie, will anyone care at all about Rocketman by the end of the year?

Edited by filmlover