DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Just now, SofNascimento said:

How did they get to Earth then?

By a tech that can't go as far (that's why the Skrulls wanted FTL) and as fast. What exactly it is, we don't know but Mar-Vell invented something better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

By a tech that can't go as far (that's why the Skrulls wanted FTL) and as fast. What exactly it is, we don't know but Mar-Vell invented something better. 

Ok, but my point is that tech is definitely faster than light. What Mar-Vell developed might be even faster, it might allow for even greater ranges. But that's another matter. 

• Like 1

I've no problem with how Avengers got the name. I don't think that was bad. I do however have a problem with unrealistic idiot kids. Oh, honey, I can't go on a suicide mission that has 1000% chance to kill me casue you would be an orphan. Oh gee mom what kind of role model is that? How can I look up to you if you want to take care of me and not die for some aliens you met 5 min ago? Pishhhhh.

Yeah, that shit I have problem with. Avengers Initiative after Carol's call sign is fine. #airlockmonica 

Just now, SofNascimento said:

Ok, but my point is that tech is definitely faster than light. What Mar-Vell developed might be even faster, it might allow for even greater ranges. But that's another matter. 

I mean there's lots of things being used wrong in the Marvel movies, Gamma radiation would kill you not make you stronger, A.I.s don't work like Jarvis or Ultron etc etc. It's not science fact or even hard Sci-Fi.

Just now, Valonqar said:

I've no problem with how Avengers got the name. I don't think that was bad. I do however have a problem with unrealistic idiot kids. Oh, honey, I can't go on a suicide mission that has 1000% chance to kill me casue you would be an orphan. Oh gee mom what kind of role model is that? How can I look up to you if you want to take care of me and not die for some aliens you met 5 min ago? Pishhhhh.

Yeah, that shit I have problem with. Avengers Initiative after Carol's call sign is fine. #airlockmonica 

All the MCU kids are like that.

Just now, Mulder said:

I mean there's lots of things being used wrong in the Marvel movies, Gamma radiation would kill you not make you stronger, A.I.s don't work like Jarvis or Ultron etc etc. It's not science fact or even hard Sci-Fi.

And that's why I stated I don't think it's a flaw. Only something that got my attention, being a sci-fi fan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

All the MCU kids are like that.

I don't recall other MCU kids cheerfully pushing their single parent to die for nothing they personally value. This was ultra mega super cringe. But anyway, it may be just me cause apparently Avengers Initiative is an issue that flies over my head. :lol:

Just now, Valonqar said:

I don't recall other MCU kids cheerfully pushing their single parent to die for nothing they personally value. This was ultra mega super cringe. But anyway, it may be just me cause apparently Avengers Initiative is an issue that flies over my head. :lol:

Harley literally wanted Tony to take him in Iron Man 3 iirc.

FTL

The Kree appear to use the jump gate technology as seen in GOTG.  Do you remember the 700 jumps they took to get to Ego's planet?

That's how the Kree travelled in the movie.  That's how Ronan's ships left when Captain Marvel warned them off.

My assumption in the movie was that Mar-Vel was using the Tessaract to development FTL technology that didn't require jumping.

Notice Ego didn't use the jump system to get to his planet.  Asgard has the Bifrost.  

Also, it's Sci Fi movie mumbo jumbo waive your hands in the air and everything works.

Edit:The Tesseract was also used by Thor and Loki to travel back to Asgard at the end of The Avengers. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

For me the major one is Captain Marvel not being present in anything apocalyptic before the snap/decimation

The movie literally ends with her leaving the planet and Fury making the Avengers SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE she isn't on Earth.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, SirPetras said:

- snip -

It was about someone saying not all was shown about him or so. I tried to find the exact post ou reacted to, but its deleted (and some others as well)

I tried to point out without spoilers that there is still potential more about him - if they use those abilities

40 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Didn’t she say emergencies only? Loki’s invasion sure as hell seemed like one, she should’ve been there and she would’ve arrived before the battle of NYC. Seems like they’re just keeping her to be the ultimate hero(ine) and in doing so makes all the previous developed characters that we grew to love useless and weak.

Disagree wholeheartedly.

Fury created the Shield special forces in a way, see high tech,... organized the potential for the team, the support structure.

The first time you need them and have them already there, including at that time a half.god,... first you test them. What additional surprises there will be, he didn*t knew. He did know she might be rather far away as she said she'll help the Skrulls find a new home really far away. He knows she has tons of ability, but no way of knowing how fast she is. As she left there as not space observation.... comparable to today.

38 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Only 3 countries ran with just "The First Avenger". Those 3 were Russia, Ukraine, and South Korea.

And?

Beside, there were plans to do more, partly it was used. Its enough if it was used only in one city.

But the most important point, to me it was a thing of surety that the average MCU watcher does not need to hear the full title to know: it has the addition 'the first Avenger', as in Captain America, the First Avenger' beside him being not an Avenger at the time of part 1.

= I tried to show you that a part 1 movie can be a first step on the road to the 'real' character, the protagonist reaches / develops / ... in the next one.

Or in the case of Captain America, in the next movie following his intro - an Avengers movie.

Where he becomes what we understand as Captain America, someone who starts to research for himself and not longer follows blindly orders.

Sounds familiar?

Edited by terrestrial

14 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

But the most important point, to me it was a thing of surety that the average MCU watcher does not need to hear the full title to know: it has the addition 'the first Avenger', as in Captain America, the First Avenger' beside him being not an Avenger at the time of part 1.

= I tried to show you that a part 1 movie can be a first step on the road to the 'real' character, the protagonist reaches / develops / ... in the next one.

Or in the case of Captain America, in the next movie following his intro - an Avengers movie.

Where he becomes what we understand as Captain America, someone who starts to research for himself and not longer follows blindly orders.

Sounds familiar?

Steve Rogers is Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger. He refers to himself as Captain America at two points in the script. Page 67 and Page 83. Several people call him Captain, and the "America" part is as obvious as it gets.

I don't care about the context of "The First Avenger" tagline. The film is called Captain America, and features Captain America referring to himself as Captain America.

Captain Marvel has nothing even close. I don't care about the "surety that the average MCU watcher". I care about the film title making sense within the context of the film of which it presides over. In regards to CM, the film absolutely fails to give meaning to it's title.

"Part 1 Movie"? No such thing. There are films that tell a complete story, and there are films that don't. This one doesn't. Part 1 my ass.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

Steve Rogers is Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger. He refers to himself as Captain America at two points in the script. Page 67 and Page 83.

I don't care about the context of "The First Avenger" tagline. The film is called Captain America, and features Captain America referring to himself as Captain America.

Captain Marvel has nothing even close. I don't care about the "surety that the average MCU watcher". I care about the film title making sense within the context of the film of which it presides over. In regards to CM, the film absolutely fails to give meaning to it's title.

It's an adaptation of the Captain Marvel comics.

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Steve Rogers is Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger. He refers to himself as Captain America at two points in the script. Page 67 and Page 83. Several people call him Captain, and the "America" part is as obvious as it gets.

"Part 1 Movie"? No such thing. There are films that tell a complete story, and there are films that don't. This one doesn't. Part 1 my ass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows_–_Part_1

• ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

A film with a whole lot of flaws due to it being an incomplete product. That film also doesn’t vibe with the “part 1” concept and tropes the other poster was suggesting.

11 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's an adaptation of the Captain Marvel comics.

Being an adaptation of another medium isn’t a “get out of jail free” card when it comes to standing on its own. Adaptations live and die on their own merits. I don’t care if this was an adaptation or not. I’m looking at this as it’s own entity, and in that regard it fails to explain its title. Very simple.

• Haha 1

This was not a good movie and just had too much pandering, cheap laughs, omg nostalgia, and dumb you have to ignore.  I know it is stupid nitpicky but if the green goblins are made from elements, not on the periodic table humans could not damage them at least that easily without nukes.  They would at their height weigh at least 5,000 pounds.   The entire cat thing came across as internet loves cats lets have them and speaking of the internet only thing missing was an AOL disk because dial up is just so funny on its face.   Honestly, it is probably just me because my theater was eating this up.  They also loved the look Blockbuster and look Radio Shack they are funny because they went out of business and were 90s stores.   Outside of a few of the site

setting.

I also don't get the flashing back to her childhood as they basically did nothing with it.  Even the get up when you are knocked down montage did not really work as the clips had no real context.  I know we are told that she did not get along with her parents but they don't show it really except for like 8 seconds.   Someone also mentioned the little girl being hey mom go to space in a jerryrigged spaceship and probably never come home again or your a bad role model.