Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

39 minutes ago, LeoC said:

‘Captain Marvel’ Skyrockets To $53M+ Saturday, Kicks Internet Trolls & Flies Toward $157M Opening

53.1 Sat and 157 OW? What kind of Sunday drop does it expect?

Maybe they are expecting something around a  a $42m Sunday.  With good wom and some places beginning Spring Break this upcoming week, that's a reasonable expectation.

Edited by Caladbolg

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Saturday

China: $34mn

Korea: $8mn

UK: $6.5mn

Australia: $3.5mn

India: $2.4mn

Total: $56.4mn (5 markets)

Other markets $50mn Approx (e.g. Mexico 5+, Brazil 3+, Russia 4+, Indonesia 2+, Germany 2, France 2+, Thailand 2.2+ and so on)

• Thanks 1

Captain Marvel was more or less what I expected, a fun Marvel flick where Larson nails it as the lead despite some problems. Also Goose is my spirit animal. One of my friend liked it, the other didn’t.

Also Pikagang, I got the trailer with Captain Marvel, audiences response was muted for trailers including it but it and Frozen II got the most talk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The opening for CM is amazing. The response has the feel of Avenger 3.5, like Civil War felt like Avengers 2.5, but instead it being a teamup of well established characters its actually the introduction for a solo character. :o

Its breaking records for SH movies(Except Avengers movies) in many OS markets.

All of this just suggests that ENDGAME is going to bring the world to a halt in its OW. :ohmygod:

5 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

The opening for CM is amazing. The response has the feel of Avenger 3.5, like Civil War felt like Avengers 2.5, but instead it being a teamup of well established characters its actually the introduction for a solo character. :o

Its breaking records for SH movies(Except Avengers movies) in many OS markets.

All of this just suggests that ENDGAME is going to bring the world to a halt in its OW. :ohmygod:

BILLION DOLLAR Weekend (adding China whenever it debut)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

BILLION DOLLAR Weekend (adding China whenever it debut)

I'm thinking that China will explode for Endgame, at least on OW because Chinese don't get to see the movie at the same time as rest the world do. A week of waiting for THE movie of the year is gonna be hard

• Like 1