Eric the Minion

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

38 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

All holdovers lost screens. Jump in same playing theatres was 100% plus as the norm.

Also, CM got a weak Monday hold compared to the rest, and that usually translates to a bigger Friday jump.

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

But BP was in my POV more an intro to Wakanda than an intro to BP, who we met in CA:CW first = not meant in any way negativly to the lead.

BP the movie is also about a lot of very impressive and very memoable female characters

Not important imo. It was a Superhero movie that ultimately focused on one lead - the titular character. And BP's cameos in Civil War were more meant to tease the character to the viewers, his proper introduction was certainly his own solo movie.

Otherwise Captain Marvel too shoudnt be counted as a solo SH, which doesnt make sense.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

it's more to do with competition than ending. I think that it was losing screens and theaters cause more stuff was released. BP had the benefit of slower months. 

Detective Pikachu 2 weeks after EndGame, let's see how it performs.

1 hour ago, Alli said:

I have not seen it yet, but this seems to be one of the few oscar movies the audience embraced in the last few years.

Even with that Oscar BP win, GB still didn't managed to break 100m despite have major studio back. If Harvey Weinstein were here to distribute, GB can easily hit 100m.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Even with that Oscar BP win, GB still didn't managed to break 100m despite have major studio back. If Harvey Weinstein were here to distribute, GB can easily hit 100m.

lol if Weinstein were still around and had distributed Green Book it would've been lucky to have been released at all.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol if Weinstein were still around and had distributed Green Book it would've been lucky to have been released at all.

OT, but Ive watched Kill Bill Volume 1 last weekend and when "distributed by The Weinstein Company" and "produced by Harvey Weinstein" came up, it does certainly feel weird.

In India  we measure openings in morning in term of % and on that basis the day one estimates are in around 11-12 AM IST. I am trying to do the same here.

E.g. CM had 50-55% opening in India, with full day capacity of around ₹26cr. From that considering how films like it perform throughout the day, I estimated ₹15.5-16cr opening day during the first show itself. Actual day one was ₹15.56cr.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Detective Pikachu 2 weeks after EndGame, let's see how it performs.

EG will make 2 billie by that time so it can afford to collapse to zero when Pika Pika mania sweeps the world. :Venom:

CM is not making under 70M this weekend. Today will jump over 30M, and tomorrow will have soft drop.