sfran43

Weekend Thread: weekend #s (Actuals) Dumbo $45.99M, Us $33.23M, CM $20.66M

51 minutes ago, TMP said:

He's only does it once or twice, but he does a lot of marijuana/lsd. I won't say he's drug-free, but the hardest he's gone is with that.

hope he can stay that way, its extremely difficult to stop once you are suckered in by it

30 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Alcohol and legal anti-depressants have destroyed more lives than weed and all the hard drugs combined.

The most lethal drugs are the ones which are legal and that make hundreds of billions a year.

Well, I dont know why you would lump weed in with more serious drugs. But yes alcohol and tobacco are #1 and #2 for most lethal drugs in terms of number of deaths.

(obviously a lot more people drink and smoke than take illegal drugs but still)

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

UK CM estimate is low, it will be higher than that. Absolutely killing it here.

I have not seen the numbers but I would expect due to weather all films to be down a bit this weekend.

• Like 1

Caffeine is so addictive. When i was averaging 3 hours of sleep per night when my daughter waking up 7 times a night....I qualified for Starbucks gold for 2.5 years out. I spent a foolish amount of $$ there. Like $2k in 6 months.

Now I never go to coffee places except if wife goes or if daughter wants to go 1/2 times a week. I think I spend like 15-20 cents per cup at home now. Americano black.  Just went down to half-calf and hasn't been bad so far.

• Like 3

CM better than last week vis a vis JW2 cume

Days in
Release
CM total JW2 total CM-JW2
3 153.43 148.02 5.41
10 264.88 265.70 -0.82
17 320.75 333.39 -12.64
24 353.81 363.98 -10.18

Upcoming week will be tougher though. JW2 had only 30.5% weekend drop after July summer weekdays while CM will contend with Shazam's ow.

Edited by a2k

Disney's slate this year makes any loss with Dumbo negligible probably. Still wish it did better.. While it may not have turned out as good as it could have it looks like the filmmakers put in their heart and it's nice to see some pure family films like this and Pete's Dragon

42 minutes ago, Alli said:

THIS. I know someone who's trying to quit anti-depressants after taking them for a while. The withdrawal is insane. I honestly think it's harder than hard drugs. After trying a few times she's back on them. That shit is impossible to quit. Doctors didn't warn her about it. After seeing how she suffers trying to quit these demon pills, I honestly wouldn't recommend them unless really, really necessary

There are a wide range of prescriptions — I wouldn’t say they’re automatically dangerous, although you do need to ramp down dosages slowly (with your doctor’s assistance). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

You were right on the money with Dumbo's overly optimistic tracking. I think a few of the BOT folks were kinda annoyed by your continued negativity towards Dumbo but you made a very good call. You saw it coming when most of us didn't.

It is like blaming Cassandra...

Also, some people still deny the Detective Pikachu Effect: expect many disappointing numbers in the next five weeks. Families, young adults and grandparents are all saving their money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

It is like blaming Cassandra...

Also, some people still deny the Detective Pikachu Effect: expect many disappointing numbers in the next five weeks. Families, young adults and grandparents are all saving their money.

?

GLASS had an 18.9 2nd weekend (-53%) and added 2.0x more to it's cume (using 111.5 total; was 110.9 on Thu).

Adding 2.0x this weekend gives US 195+ total.

Edited by a2k