CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The current process for receiving a gender recognition certificate dictates that applicants have to be “medically diagnosed as having gender dysphoria, go through a minimum two year process and be aged over 18,” The Times reports. The reform bill no longer mandates medical evidence of gender dysphoria and lowers the age requirement to 16.

Under the proposed legislation, applicants would be required to live in their gender for at least three months before applying for a certificate, which would then be issued after another three-month “reflection period.” Applicants would have to swear they intend to live as their gender for life, as any false claim would be a criminal offense carrying a prison sentence of up to two years.

So, basically...a two year process and be an ADULT would be reduced to no longer having evidence of gender dysphoria and lowering it to 16 when they're not even fully developed?!

Honestly, I'm 100% for trans rights, and this is not doing them any favours. The amount of harm that will come from this bill will be much larger than people think - and it will almost entirely be on the people who transitioned too quickly.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 hours ago, Noctis said:

Rumor is that the movie is 143 minutes.

I'm not so concerned about the runtime as I am the pacing. The Batman was almost 3 hours long and yet I've barely heard any complaints about it's length.

What this third movie needs to do is to keep things moving, the trailers have already show a good amount of action will be happening throughout which is good. They just need to get the characters on their mission as soon as possible and not waste too much time.

2 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

Sounds about right. The last test screening cut I heard about was around 130-135 without credits, though that was months ago.

Do you think this could get a score even worse than Crimes of Grindelwald on RT?

3 minutes ago, Rogerio said:

Do you think this could get a score even worse than Crimes of Grindelwald on RT?

Yes, but I think that would have more to do with critics dunking on Rowling than the movie itself. The overwhelming response I heard from screenings is “It’s OK”. I think fans will like it fine but it won’t be anyone’s favorite.

And no, JRDC, I haven’t heard anything about it since… December maybe?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Oui, mais je pense que cela aurait plus à voir avec les critiques qui trempent Rowling qu'avec le film lui-même. La réponse écrasante que j'ai entendue des projections est "C'est OK". Je pense que les fans l'aimeront bien mais ce ne sera le préféré de personne.

Et non, JRDC, je n'en ai pas entendu parler depuis… décembre peut-être ?

What did you hear in December?
Thanks for your return :)

8 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Yes, but I think that would have more to do with critics dunking on Rowling than the movie itself. The overwhelming response I heard from screenings is “It’s OK”. I think fans will like it fine but it won’t be anyone’s favorite.

And no, JRDC, I haven’t heard anything about it since… December maybe?

Imagined that 

I mean.. from what I've read from the plot, it doesn't seem to be a bad movie (although I hate that thing about Aurelius..)

But I really believe it wil do really bad on RT 

15 minutes ago, Jak Ryan Drake Campbell said:

What did you hear in December?
Thanks for your return :)

Just that it hasn't changed very much from the earlier cuts. I still don't know what the specific changes are that they made during reshoots.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rogerio said:

Imagined that 

I mean.. from what I've read from the plot, it doesn't seem to be a bad movie (although I hate that thing about Aurelius..)

But I really believe it wil do really bad on RT 

I read the plot too and I disagree that it will do bad on RT. I think it will get better scores than the 2nd film and get around or slightly above 60%. I said it earlier in the the thread, but just going off the trailers this third movie seems to have a better momentum than the previous installment, more action scenes throughout which I think will keep audiences a bit more engaged than Crimes of Grindelwald did.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rogerio said:

Not that I've seen the film, but from what I've read, I'd be really shocked.

The only way this gets worse reviews on Crimes on RT, like ViewerAnon said, is if critics give it a negative to piss off Rowling. I'm not sure that will be widespread tbh. I hope not.

5 hours ago, clockwork said:

I read the plot too and I disagree that it will do bad on RT. I think it will get better scores than the 2nd film and get around or slightly above 60%. I said it earlier in the the thread, but just going off the trailers this third movie seems to have a better momentum than the previous installment, more action scenes throughout which I think will keep audiences a bit more engaged than Crimes of Grindelwald did.

It's not even about the action. It's basically that the story is a lot more straight-forward which alone gives the movie a lot more momentum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Fuck that problematic ass and shady ho, Rowling!

Ooh, Rowling's a ho now! Didn't know her ass was also big enough to be used by Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to travel through time and space.

At least hers must be magical.

13 hours ago, Noctis said:

Ooh, Rowling's a ho now! Didn't know her ass was also big enough to be used by Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to travel through time and space.

At least hers must be magical.

Joanne is sending "big love" and kisses on Twitter to a right wing crazy who thinks you are sinful and going to hell

• Like 2