CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

48 minutes ago, Wormow said:

I will seriously laugh if the next movie is not the last. This series is literally dying, it's going the same path as the Divergent film franchise and they didn't even make it to their last movie. 

Major drops each movie, falling critical reception, and the controversies whether you agree with them or not pile on every two years as we wait for the next sequel. It's over, WB. Even if the last two movies were somehow amazing, audiences won't even give them the opportunity anymore - we've seen that with everyone franchise with a similar trajectory. 

Good fucking morning, sweetheart.

I think it's clear that despite this film getting a much better reception, it's clear they're ending this series with this film as evidenced by the film's ending.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Good fucking morning, sweetheart.

I think it's clear that despite this film getting a much better reception, it's clear they're ending this series with this film as evidenced by the film's ending.

Hey baby girl! Missing you x

1 hour ago, Wormow said:

I will seriously laugh if the next movie is not the last. This series is literally dying, it's going the same path as the Divergent film franchise and they didn't even make it to their last movie. 

The first Fantastic Beasts movie made more at the box office than all three of the Divergent movies combined, FB2 made more than the first two Divergent movies combined. Plus, not even one of those movies managed to get above a fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes, so its pretty safe to say the FB movies are considerably above the level of the Divergent movies.

Major drops each movie, falling critical reception, and the controversies whether you agree with them or not pile on every two years as we wait for the next sequel. It's over, WB. Even if the last two movies were somehow amazing, audiences won't even give them the opportunity anymore - we've seen that with everyone franchise with a similar trajectory. 

The critical reception to this third movie is a step up from the previous installment, as is audiences reception from what I've seen. And who knows, if the next one  actually turns out  "Fantastic" people may flock to it if, especially if the timing is right. Stranger things have happened. 

Edited by Gazer365
  • Like 1

It's dropping pretty big from Crimes of Grindelwald in the territories it's been released in. The domestic opening isn't looking much better if @charlie Jatinder is to be believed. Sins of the Father is alive and well. I really don't see how they can justify another two movies after the general apathy people are feeling for this one so far. Especially now that the merger has been completed and Zaslav is in charge now. Good lock trying to sell the new suits on Divergent 2.0, Joan.

And my condolences to @Noctis in advance.

11 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Twitter and YouTube are not real life. I could just as easily claim that the backlash against J.K. Rowling is hurting the movie, but I don’t believe that either. 

Facebook with 2.8 billion users is though. The JK rowling controversy was no where near as widespread as the Depp/Heard issues over the last 2 years which even spawned a documentary. That's why one story kept making front page headlines whilst the other didn't. There was even millions of people petitioning to remove Amber for Aquaman 2, that's no small number to just brush off as "well thats not the real world"

You dont have to believe it but it's true

I think this film will have about the same opening weekend as Morbius, between 38 to 44 domestic, but unlike Morbius this won't have a big drop-off on it's 2nd weekend. I think it will keep steady momentum going, plus it has a couple weeks of breathing room before May hits. 

Edited by clockwork

Maybe the solution is mini series for HBO MAX to conclude the story. 

6 episodes would be enough.

Final season of Game of Thrones had around 90 million $ budget and it looked pretty good. Maybe a bit more for this and that's it.

Edited by WeThrones

3 hours ago, Gazer365 said:

The first Fantastic Beasts movie made more at the box office than all three of the Divergent movies combined, FB2 made more than the first two Divergent movies combined. Plus, not even one of those movies managed to get above a fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes, so its pretty safe to say the FB movies are considerably above the level of the Divergent movies.

The critical reception to this third movie is a step up from the previous installment, as is audiences reception from what I've seen. And who knows, if the next one  actually turns out  "Fantastic" people may flock to it if, especially if the timing is right. Stranger things have happened. 

I said the same path, not the same numbers. And you're right actually, this isn't going the same path as the Divergent series.

Because each movie in the Beasts franchise is dropping hundreds of millions per movie, whilst Divergent improved with movie #2 and only slightly dipped with #3. Fantastic Beasts is dropping off further from the face of this planet with each instalment.

Once Star Wars spinoff movies flopped with Solo, Disney made a lot of them into a Disney Plus shows, like Kenobi and Boba Fett.

Maybe that's the solution here as well.

3 movies plus one mini series to conclude everything.

Edited by WeThrones

3 hours ago, clockwork said:

I think this film will have about the same opening weekend as Morbius, between 38 to 44 domestic, but unlike Morbius this won't have a big drop-off on it's 2nd weekend. I think it will keep steady momentum going, plus it has a couple weeks of breathing room before May hits. 

Good Friday will naturally result in a very frontloaded opening for this, especially when it's starting at 2:00 on Thursday (it could pull a $20M+ Friday and still easily miss $50M for the weekend), so a big second weekend drop-off will be difficult to avoid. Batman v Superman and Fast 7 and 8 all dropped 60% on average coming off of their big Easter Weekend openings.

3 hours ago, Tarintino said:

Facebook with 2.8 billion users is though. The JK rowling controversy was no where near as widespread as the Depp/Heard issues over the last 2 years which even spawned a documentary. That's why one story kept making front page headlines whilst the other didn't. There was even millions of people petitioning to remove Amber for Aquaman 2, that's no small number to just brush off as "well thats not the real world"

You dont have to believe it but it's true

2.8 billion people were not talking about the Depp/Heard controversy. And I’m aware of the petition to remove Amber Heard from Aquaman 2, but online petitions rarely work for a reason. 

Just because some people are mad about Johnny Depp being replaced, doesn’t mean it’s going to have any noteworthy effect on the movie’s box office prospects. The movie underperforming would have much more to do with the fact that it’s the third installment in a franchise that hardly anyone cares about, and is following up a poorly received movie that already underperformed. 

Have to imagine Harry Potter getting its own Force Awakens within the next few years. Except the original leads won't be pushed to the side for newbies.

Followed by a HBO Max series, a la Hogwarts: The Next Generation with returning players in supporting roles. 

That's how I see this going down. We shall see.

7 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Have to imagine Harry Potter getting its own Force Awakens within the next few years. Except the original leads won't be pushed to the side for newbies.

Followed by a HBO Max series, a la Hogwarts: The Next Generation with returning players in supporting roles. 

That's how I see this going down. We shall see.

6c2veq.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Except for Deathly Hallows Part 2. That has an ending that works well as closure.

This is why I do not want any trio movie set after DH2. That was a great ending for the trio and a happily every after. I do not want to see it ruined. It just muddies and cheapens the entire HP series. Kinda like what they did with the SW sequel trilogy. All the actions and sacrifices from the prequel and original trilogy was sacrificed so that Palpatine could return. 

Cursed Child doesn't exist so not even gonna take that into consideration.