TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

Did Deadline pull this out of Thanos' buttocks. 

Disney’s Captain Marvel takes 5th with $14.2M, -31% in weekend 5, for a running total by end of Sunday of $375.6M.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, LordNox said:

I agree that the setting could have been a problem for WW in certain markets. The 80s are close to the 90s which was the setting for Captain Marvel. So the setting should be less of a problem for WW84. Now the only question will be if the story and characters in WW84 will play as well as the story of Captain Marvel obviosly did. I have faith that Americans will love it but how it plays in China and the rest of Asia  will decide how high it can reach.

CM has Very Similar score as WW in China.

WW Douban 7.1 taopiaopiao 8.6 

CM Douban 7.0 taopiaopiao 8.5

WWⅠ has limited WW OS market.OS WoM for wonder woman is nothing near Poor.Infinity War,End game give CM A Huge boost.

Edited by SliverS

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

deadline not giving Friday's estimate # for Captain Marvel but having a way-better-than-average-weekend-drop estimate is sus

-31% is even a better hold than WW's 5th weekend which was -37%.

WW dropped 3.4% it's 5th weekend ;)

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I wouldn't call WW's 400M OS poor by any stretch. it;s just that ratio skewing dom is a bit troublesome for the future unless it's period piece problem that moving to more modern times can rectify. Some countries may simply not care about WWI but go for the 80s setting. 

Just like the ratio skew for Iron Man 1 & 2 was troublesome for the future? 

Need to beat Iron Man’s 13.54M 5th weekend to be a top 5 MCU 5th weekend. 5th weekend is actually where the really leggy low openers start to really dominate the huge openers:

BP 26.6M

TA 20.5M  

IW 17.3M  

GotG 17.1M

IM1 13.5M

AoU 11.4M  

Thor3 9.9M

gotg2 9.8M

SMH 8.8M   

CM has actually been trending slightly upward in the rankings, and I expect that will intensify over the next few weekends.

Also, at 17.1M, GotG’s 5th weekend was a full 18%of its OW still. Forgot what crazy legs it had.

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

It was the Labor Day weekend.

That certainly helped, but even still -0.7% comparing 3-day to 3-day was nuts. Much better than the rest of the holdovers that weekend.      

And its non-holiday 4th and 6th weekend are also really high % of the OW.

28 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Just like the ratio skew for Iron Man 1 & 2 was troublesome for the future? 

WW84 ain't getting any Avengers type boost that Iron Man 3 benefited from. That being said I expect OS to increase a decent amount for WW84. Hopefully at least $500M.

19 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Even if WW84 stays flat/decreases OS, it's DOM is basically guaranteed to increase.

Lol.. No. Not guaranteed at all. Yes, people loved Wondy but Stranger things have happened in the past.