Eric is Anxious

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

Jesus, its more than 1/10th of that live! Its similcast in over 170 countries because of the fear of piracy. In the UK its giving Sky its biggest ever overnight audience, and doubles it after 2 more days. Why are people so blind to how big it is?

HBOs US audience is a tiny fraction of the total.

Everyone trying to be compared to the beast that is marvel to feel better about themselves 

Looks like after OW they're holding back much less with the advertising.  A pretty good tactic to draw more people in with the spectacle.  People who want to remain as unspoiled as possible should probably avoid all new promotional material, though.

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

I never watch a single GoT episode :ph34r:

I only know about the show through memes and social media.

Yeah, I tried watching the first season few months ago... It just felt really boring

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Everyone trying to be compared to the beast that is marvel to feel better about themselves 

People can argue all they like, GoT is getting more viewers than Endgame this weekend. Different media, not comparable, why are people so butthurt about this? If it makes you feel any better more people are likely to listen to a Taylor Swift song this weekend than either. No one is 'winning' because none of them need care about the other.

Its quite possible not to be a fanboy and actually enjoy both things.

• Haha 1

Mods can you create a separate thread for GoT.. I believe this is Endgame's weekend thread and this is mainly box office forum... So I think there are many fans here such as @GirafficPark who would like to discuss GoT.. Atleast 30 pages has been discussion going on... We are witnessing a historic weekend here and as a fan of MCU I'm very happy now but this GoT discussion should happen somewhere else... It's become too annoying now

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

Yeah, I tried watching the first season few months ago... It just felt really boring

I watched the first season years ago and lost interest. Decided to watch all 7 seasons in prep for final season. It really doesn’t get exciting till Season 3 imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Mods can you create a separate thread for GoT.. I believe this is Endgame's weekend thread and this is mainly box office forum... So I think there are many fans here such as @GirafficPark who would like to discuss GoT.. Atleast 30 pages has been discussion going on... We are witnessing a historic weekend here and as a fan of MCU I'm very happy now but this GoT discussion should happen somewhere else... It's become too annoying now

I've seen more posts about you complaining about people talking about GoT than actual people talking about GoT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

No way. Disney is gonna want to reveal the next phase and it's movies at a Disney event. D23 2019.  They might tease something @ Comic Con but I personally see them waiting for D23 for the full reveal. 

I'm expecting them focus on the upcoming movies at SDCC and Disney will make this years D23 a showcase for the streaming service, so Marvel will save their Disney+ stuff for that.