Eric is Quiet

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, AJG said:

What movie could open up to $300m+

A Harry Potter reunion? A Friends reunion?

after detective pikachu takes off and ten years of successful video game to movie adaptations later we get the smash bros. movie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Founder / Operator
1 minute ago, Nova said:

@Shawn how bad do you think the May releases (Pikachu, John Wick, Aladdin and even Godzilla) will be affected with End Game's opening weekend being as ginormous as it is? 

It's so hard to tell right now. I think we'll get a better idea when we start seeing some dailies and the second weekend hold for Endgame. It's hard to imagine this thing not being front-loaded on some level, but it has less direct competition in mid-to-late May than Infinity War did with Deadpool 2 and Solo each aiming for similar male audiences.

Pikachu is the wild card as it always has been. I wouldn't underestimate a PG movie with wide appeal and the kind of lighthearted fun that people will be looking for after the relative heaviness of Endgame.

John Wick will be fine, I think. Target adult audience will be mostly past Endgame by the time it opens. I actually think it'll be the best performer of the three movies so far.

Aladdin's uphill fight just became even harder. Godzilla should be fine one month out and with schools out by then, IMO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

after detective pikachu takes off and ten years of successful video game to movie adaptations later we get the smash bros. movie.

We’ll also get the Mass Effect 3 Movie.

It’ll open to 400m and then make 750m DOM total after everyone rages about starchild

• Haha 1

Just now, Premium George said:

Harry Potter finale was way smaller than first avengers, I don't see how a reunion can outopen IW. 

It's been 10 years. They've been growing their audience. Building hype.

It'll be announced next week. 

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

What the hell guys, you blew it! I told you not to post anything god

Our new goal is to reach the exact amount of pages that we expect End Game to open at. 

So keep posting guys! Only 59 more pages to go!

• Founder / Operator
4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I honestly think the term mega doesn't apply to Endgame.  TFA, Infinity War - yes, those were mega films.

Endgame is a giga film!

121-gigawatts.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Shawn said:

It's so hard to tell right now. I think we'll get a better idea when we start seeing some dailies and the second weekend hold for Endgame. It's hard to imagine this thing not being front-loaded on some level, but it has less direct competition in mid-to-late May than Infinity War did with Deadpool 2 and Solo each aiming for similar male audiences.

Pikachu is the wild card as it always has been. I wouldn't underestimate a PG movie with wide appeal and the kind of lighthearted fun that people will be looking for after the relative heaviness of Endgame.

John Wick will be fine, I think. Target adult audience will be mostly past Endgame by the time it opens. I actually think it'll be the best performer of the three movies so far.

Aladdin's uphill fight just became even harder. Godzilla should be fine one month out and with schools out by then, IMO.

Id argue that Godzilla and to a certain extent also Wick and Aladdin may benefit from a June that is very light on action blockbusters. Only Men in Black and Dark Phoenix are action competition and both seem like relative underperformers to me.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
Just now, Brainbug said:

Id argue that Godzilla and to a certain extent also Wick and Aladdin may benefit from a June that is very light on action blockbusters. Only Men in Black and Dark Phoenix are action competition and both seem like relative underperformers to me.

Agreed! MIB4 gives me a Mummy '17 vibe box office-wise. Dark Phoenix... well, even as an X-Men fan and a lover of the current cast, I have a bad feeling about its performance coming off Apocalypse.

• Like 3