FlashMaster659

Avengers: Endgame Thursday Thread: DHD 21.7M

117M Weekdays during a non-holiday work week is a MONSTER haul.

The floor for the weekend will be 151M, with a lower-than-normal 95% bump for Friday and a 25% decrease for Sunday.

At worst, it will be sitting at $625M after the weekend.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out to illustrate how difficult it will be for EG to pass TFA domestic.

TFA's second Thursday (22.9)was bigger than EG's first (21.5).  And that was NYE.  A night where the numbers are depressed a little.  I don't think EG will have enough juice to get the domestic record.  I think the WW record is toast, quite easily actually.  But domestic I think TFA holds onto it.  The holiday run it had was just insane.

• Like 7

Just now, baumer said:

Just throwing this out to illustrate how difficult it will be for EG to pass TFA domestic.

TFA's second Thursday (22.9)was bigger than EG's first (21.5).  And that was NYE.  A night where the numbers are depressed a little.  I don't think EG will have enough juice to get the domestic record.  I think the WW record is toast, quite easily actually.  But domestic I think TFA holds onto it.  The holiday run it had was just insane.

if endgame can keep up until 3 weekend ( seems likely) then it over

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yeah but endgame has a huge lead from the OW, and it only needs IW's drops to pass TFA, which so far it's been getting

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Endgame will do 850 million maybe do 900 million...

That is beyond anyone predicted on here. 

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah but endgame has a huge lead from the OW, and it only needs IW's drops to pass TFA, which so far it's been getting

Yes, the weekends are obviously huge.  But I don't think it will sustain this kind of pace.  Granted if it does what Avengers did, then it will hit a billion.  But for now, I don't see it getting past 930.

And @Lordmandeep.....of course no one saw this coming.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Endgame banked a huge lead in the first 3 days, and may rack up more over further weekends. It only needs a 1.977 multi off the first week, which is worse than e.g. IW.     

It would miss with first week multis of IM2, IM3, CW, or AoU, but those all have a 2nd weekend drop of 58-60%, which doesn’t seem to be where Endgame is headed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

What would be the weekend number needed to keep TFA DOM comfortably in play considering upcoming competition? 160m+?

It would be in play even with 150, but looking a bit dicey. Pretty favored with anything near or above 170. In the 155-165 range is where things are a little more uncertain.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 6

I hope if Endgame passes TFA it either does it past the adjusted number on BOM or doesn’t pass it at all.

I can already hear the constant complaints that Endgame “didn’t really” beat TFA if it hits something like 940

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Endgame banked a huge lead in the first 3 days, and may rack up more over further weekends. It only needs a 1.977 multi off the first week, which is worse than e.g. IW.     

It would miss with first week multis of IM2, IM3, CW, or AoU, but those all have a 2nd weekend drop of 58-60%, which doesn’t seem to be where Endgame is headed.

I'm obviously aware of how much of a lead it had after the first weekend.  But let's see where it is after the third weekend.  TFA was at 742.  By the end of this weekend, EG should be at around 630.  I'm curious how it holds from here on out.  Obviously it can pass TFA, but I think it will die out just before hand.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yeah, TFA's second set of weekdays was about $112m, just 5m less than Endgame's first.  That and the $90m second weekend are the real hurdles.  

Endgame is still about $83m ahead of TFA if that 21.4m number holds.  It would def need a really great weekend($170m+) to help alleviate the disparity for the following week.  Memorial Day won't help either, because it's the same weekend TFA had MLK!  

We shall see, but the path forward certainly isn't going to be easy.  Those holidays numbers are the immediate roadblock, they are fucking insanity.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Yeah, TFA's second set of weekdays was about $112m, just 5m less than Endgame's first.  That and the $90m second weekend are the real hurdles.  

Endgame is still about $83m ahead of TFA if that 21.4m number holds.  It would def need a really great weekend($170m+) to help alleviate the disparity for the following week.  Memorial Day won't help either, because it's the same weekend TFA had MLK!  

We shall see, but the path forward certainly isn't going to be easy.  Those holidays numbers are the immediate roadblock, they are fucking insanity.

Yep!  Agreed.  It was only three years ago but I think a lot of us are forgetting how huge TFA was after its first weekend.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think it’ll have better weekend increases considering how sold out it was last weekend. 

That’s actuslly more reason for a spillover into Monday and Tuesday.  Granted idk what it’ll do today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Yep!  Agreed.  It was only three years ago but I think a lot of us are forgetting how huge TFA was after its first weekend.

It's the calendar configuration plus the holiday days, which are basically like Saturdays everyday(except for the two eve's), and then you get a holiday in Jan and another in Feb to help late legs.

• Like 3

ok this is ridicoulous now, every time endgame has a great day you will cheered and say that force awakens is going down and every day that its has a bad day you will say that it wont beat it ? really ? just stop , and wait and see its 50/50 as of now dont be so sure that it will do it but  dont be so sure that it wont do it , if endgam can keep up until the 4 weekend ( that seems in its favor as of now , then probably will take the dom crown if not  ...) noone says that the path is easy but to start changing some things somefo you here based on one fucking day is idiotic to say the least, yes i know that this is what we do here but i want to say  that some of you need to chill and just wait remeber when some of you here thought that captain marvel will do barely 400 dom after sec.third weekend ? no i am not saying that the same will apply to endgame but really after all this time some of you havent yet learned to not write off some movies or do the oppossite ?

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1