sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

I doubt Endgame will increase more than IW. As I keep saying it has strong IMAX/PLF grosses and there is limited growth potential in that format. Also late night shows have started to slow down. I would say somewhere in mid 40's to 50% increase today. So range should be 58-62m.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt Endgame will increase more than IW. As I keep saying it has strong IMAX/PLF grosses and there is limited growth potential in that format. Also late night shows have started to slow down. I would say somewhere in mid 40's to 50% increase today. So range should be 58-62m.

Thanks for your ‘concern trolling.’ Fits in with the rest of the debbie downers today.

And yeah, you’re predictions aren’t gonna happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Just in my area, Saturday numbers are very strong.  Keep in mind my city has been relatively poorly performing for this movie compared to elsewhere (I even checked other cities in my area and they all look much better, I don't know why mine randomly doesn't like this movie), anyway, all of the mid-day and early evening shows have been doing very well, 60-70%.  I didn't closely count on Friday, but to my eye that's as good as the Friday 5-7 showings (and curbstomping Friday matinees).  Just like on Friday, it dies around 8:00.  Can't imagine why. 🤔

Might be wishful thinking, but based on this I think we're in for a big increase today.

Edited by IceFire9yt

7 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Thanks for your ‘concern trolling.’ Fits in with the rest of the debbie downers today.

Hah the great filmbuff. Where did I show any concern. What concern for a movie that is grossing Avatar numbers !!!

• Knock It Off 1

18 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Do you have anything to back up or support your contrarian position to Keyser Soze's? He listed a couple of reasons for his opinion. What are your reasons besides your gut or wishful thinking?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The problem with captain marvel is not the character...it frankly showing her as superman returns superman character 

I was bored with Cap Marvel. Thankfully she had limited role in Endgame. She lacks the charisma of IM, Cap, Black Panther, Guardians, Spidey or Doctor Strange. Thankfully there are so many great Avengers it does not matter.

But Feige and especially Russo brothers deserve special kudos for creating End Game. Far cry from Ultron.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The last update I got was 7PM PT. Going by that, the normal easing from 1st Friday to 2nd Friday would have lead to $45mn+.

Ffs it was as frontloaded during the day as Captain Marvel 1st Friday. Now I didn't get full hourly breakdown for today to analyse, may be @RtheEnd may/might elaborate, on whether it was pre-sale heavy in morning or night show were shit.

Presale heavy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

52 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

1 minute ago, RtheEnd said:

I had been intially going with 58-62, see how eve goes

I aced it 🙂

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Basically a TA/IW increase, but not the strong bump that some (self included) were hoping for to compensate for Friday. 2nd weekend record looks tough, especially with a 3 hour movie running into trouble on Sun late nights.

Edited by Thanos Legion

As I said its ridiculous to have any concern around. Just before release I thought it will do 2.5B with a chance for Avatar if it comes close to TFA domestic and China doing 4B yuan. It crushed all expectations. I dont think any movie will hit 1.22B OW in next 10 years. It will need another end game from Avengers. That will take 10 years for sure.