sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

13 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Wonder Park did $700K and Missing Link did $230M, so this one is definitely going well under $10M.

WOW so you are saying that the measly 60m thursday of AEG has already been destroyed by Missing Link. :P

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

is this good

It's fine since it's likely gonna skew on the older side. Could reach mid-teens for the weekend.

Also looks like The Intruder is headed for a decent weekend. UglyDolls is obviously DOA.

From BOM:

Among the weekend's new wide releases, Sony's release of the Screen Gems thriller The Intruder led the way in terms of Thursday evening previews, taking in $865,000 from showings beginning at 5PM in 2,073 locations. When it comes to the comps listed in our preview below none of them either held or reported preview grosses so a comparison can't be made to those titles.

Lionsgate's release of Long Shot held previews last night in ~2,500 locations and brought in $660,000. Comps in this range include the likes of The Intern and Snatched, which brought in $650k each from previews while opening with $17.7 million and $19.5 million respectively, though Snatched opened over Mother's Day weekend.

Lastly, STXfilms and Alibaba Pictures UglyDolls took in $300,000 from Thursday previews while playing at approximately 2,250 locations. This is behind previews for Smurfs: The Lost Village ($375k) and just ahead of My Little Pony ($290k), which opened with $13.2 million and $8.9 million respectively.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's fine since it's likely gonna skew on the older side. Could reach mid-teens for the weekend.

Also looks like The Intruder is headed for a decent weekend. UglyDolls is obviously DOA.

STX is lucky The Upside was a hit as I'd be worried about their future. I think Lionsgate will be pleased with the previews of Long Shot 

Just now, Jonwo said:

STX is lucky The Upside was a hit as I'd be worried about their future. I think Lionsgate will be pleased with the previews of Long Shot 

They seem to be in the business of low/mid-budget female-led movies (they have two JLo movies on the way - hail @Napoleon - and will be releasing Poms next week, to give just two examples) these days so I think they'll be fine as long as those kinds of movies continue to turn a profit.

• Like 1

My Spy could be a hit for STX... whenever it releases. It’s playing on every print of Endgame at my theatre, and the “they look like the wedding at the end of Shrek” always gets a pretty big howl

Consider Uglydolls started at 4:00 pm, then some ugly previews and will go sub $10M.

Long Shot is very solid, could pull of mid teens and if audiences like it, perhaps it can legs it to $60M-$70M.

Intruder should also do decent.

1 hour ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Wonder Park did $700K and Missing Link did $230M, so this one is definitely going well under $10M.

Box office so huge, no box office sites could even track it. End Game found dead in a ditch. 

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Makes sense why Uglydolls did so poorly. For everybody over the age of 7, just about anything looked more enjoyable than that.

Not to mention in this age where the animation field has become highly competitive, why see that when you have Netflix or want for better options for your family in the summer (Pikachu, Aladdin, Pets 2, TS4)

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Makes sense why Uglydolls did so poorly. For everybody over the age of 7, just about anything looked more enjoyable than that.

Yea this looked like a minions wannabe. 

If it follows IW:

Friday: 43.4M (+102.9%)

Saturday: 64.4M (+48.4%)

Sunday: 50.6M (-21.5%)

Total: 158.4M (-55.6%)

If it follows TA:

Friday: 50.5M (+135.8%)

Saturday: 74.1M (+46.8%)

Sunday: 53.4M (-27.9%)

Total: 178M (-50.2%)

My prediction: