Nova

Wednesday Numbers | Asgard 1: EndGame 8.4M Wed

17 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Determining how much streaming income each gets. It was more clear with DVD/blueray. I imagine End Game will do awesome.

Disney has already announced that the only way End Game will stream will be on Disney+.  I think it's an open question how many people are going to pony up a monthly fee to subscribe to Disney+.

2 minutes ago, andrewgr said:

Disney has already announced that the only way End Game will stream will be on Disney+.  I think it's an open question how many people are going to pony up a monthly fee to subscribe to Disney+.

A lot. It's so cheap 

FYI people do not pay full price for Netflix. I paid about 40% of full price for the next 2 years.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Let's say it does 75 mill for Thurs-Sunday (domestically).

Then let's say it does another 130 million internationally.  That will put it at about 2.55 billion.  It's going to pass Avatar around May 21st or 22nd......let's say between 20-23rd.  It's almost locked to do it.  I say almost because I don't ever like to say anything is 100% locked to do something.  But this is 99.9% locked to pass Avatar.  It will probably hit 3 billion as well.

Not that this matters, but this movie is the most expensive film ever made.  The production budget is 356 million and you know that probably spent another 150 in marketing.  No matter of course....just pointing it out.

You know, I'm reminded of the saying "you gotta spend money to make money"...one reason I think this movie has skyrocketed so highly is that it didn't cheap out and give the movie fan a subpar experience...it really did try (and almost completely succeed) in being the epic close of a fan's love for a decade...it's how you take money out of fans pockets for decades and decades to come...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

A lot. It's so cheap 

FYI people do not pay full price for Netflix. I paid about 40% of full price for the next 2 years.

Ditto - tons of folks (like me) get it free with their TMobile plan...it's the only reason I'll keep it once the Disney stuff is gone (and if TMobile drops it, I'll probably drop it)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

You know, I'm reminded of the saying "you gotta spend money to make money"...one reason I think this movie has skyrocketed so highly is that it didn't cheap out and give the movie fan a subpar experience...it really did try (and almost completely succeed) in being the epic close of a fan's love for a decade...it's how you take money out of fans pockets for decades and decades to come...

Well said. I agree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

A lot. It's so cheap 

Plenty of people pay full price for Netflix, and you know it.  I'm assuming this is just an unnecessarily obnoxious way of bragging that you got a great deal, because there is literally no chance that you actually believe that some huge percentage of people get Netflix at a discount.

• Like 2

Just now, andrewgr said:

Plenty of people pay full price for Netflix, and you know it.  I'm assuming this is just an unnecessarily obnoxious way of bragging that you got a great deal, because there is literally no chance that you actually believe that some huge percentage of people get Netflix at a discount.

Yeah, I don't know if it's an American thing or not but I've never seen any kind of offer to pay anything less than full price for Netflix here in Canada (outside the standard "try it free for the first month" offer).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Ditto - tons of folks (like me) get it free with their TMobile plan...it's the only reason I'll keep it once the Disney stuff is gone (and if TMobile drops it, I'll probably drop it)...

That or if you switch off TMobile (I'm going mint mobile route) you can buy discounted cards to push the membership down to a few bucks. Worth it for me, especially for the international content.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, I don't know if it's an American thing or not but I've never seen any kind of offer to pay anything less than full price for Netflix here in Canada (outside the standard "try it free for the first month" offer).

I was in England and paid 40% of monthly. Best deal I ever got was in England a few years back. 2 years of membership at the time for $50. 

• Like 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

I was in England and paid 40% of monthly. Best deal I ever got was in England a few years back. 2 years of membership at the time for $50. 

Nice!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andrewgr said:

Plenty get it for free and pay less than me. I just don't want TMobile or the other plans that provide it for free. Should you want to get to a discount and wish to avoid googling for it I will send it to your directly via dm. It's not bragging because if it goes way it's because Netflix finally fixed it. It's been there for a decade now. I'm happy to PM anyone who needs it.

I wish this method existed for Amazon prime. I hate the shady edu email route so I've been paying full or close to it for years on that :(

Edited by cdsacken

3 hours ago, baumer said:

Well, there's a reason it's so expensive.  Besides all the CGI, the salaries for this must be astronomical.  Getting all of these stars into one movie isn't cheap.  Wouldn't surprise me if they paid out 150 mill in up front salaries.  

I think they paid more than 150M in up front salaries. ScarJo, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth are all rumored to have made 15-20M. RDJ is said to have gotten a 75M payday. If those numbers are accurate we're already at 120M minimum... and that's just four actors! We know Renner and Ruffalo made a similar amount to Chris, Chris and ScarJo based on Avengers salaries. Brolin received $5M for IW, he probably got that again at least. Then there's the small army of other actors who were also in the film.

So, I would not be surprised at all if Disney spent over 200M on salaries alone. Several of the cast were so awestruck by the sheer amount of star power there at one time that they took videos despite there being a strict no cell phone on set policy.

Forget about the box office numbers, it will be a very long time before we see that much acting talent as an ensemble. I mean, there's always the Expendables franchise, but those are has beens... and Endgame still had a far larger cast.

Edited by doublejack
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

That or if you switch off TMobile (I'm going mint mobile route) you can buy discounted cards to push the membership down to a few bucks. Worth it for me, especially for the international content.

I get the Vet plan for the TMobile One, so I get 50% off...no way I'm ever giving that discount up, with the kids being added at $10/each - free data is priceless with teens:)...and I do love the entertainment deals they send (this month, my spouse and I have had latte dates at Dunkin Donuts every other week - free and quick is a great date when you're stressed for time and money at the end of the learning year:)... 

PS - Out of likes and it's not even the weekend! - AHH!

Edited by TwoMisfits

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm going to guess that it drops 8% today.

That would give a Thursday gross of $7.75M. Infinity War 's 3rd weekend multiplier off the preceding Thursday was exactly 9.00. That would translate to a $69.75M weekend. However, IW was only facing Life of the Party and Breaking In that weekend. The next weekend it faced Deadpool 2 which is more comparable. The 4th weekend multiplier off the preceding Thursday was 8.56, which translates to a $66.34M weekend. 

So my bet is somewhere between those numbers for the weekend for EG. However, I hope it somehow picks up steam on Saturday and Sunday and manages to clear $70M. $73M for a near 50% drop would be ideal.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Let's say it does 75 mill for Thurs-Sunday (domestically).

Then let's say it does another 130 million internationally.  That will put it at about 2.55 billion.  It's going to pass Avatar around May 21st or 22nd......let's say between 20-23rd.  It's almost locked to do it.  I say almost because I don't ever like to say anything is 100% locked to do something.  But this is 99.9% locked to pass Avatar.  It will probably hit 3 billion as well.

Not that this matters, but this movie is the most expensive film ever made.  The production budget is 356 million and you know that probably spent another 150 in marketing.  No matter of course....just pointing it out.

Thanks for the analysis and rundown instead of sarcastic remarks. I appreciate that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, doublejack said:

Forget about the box office numbers, it will be a very long time before we see that much acting talent as an assemble. I mean, there's always the Expendables franchise, but those are has beens... and Endgame still had a far larger cast.

X-Men:Days of Future Past-

Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Patric Stewart, Ian McKellen, Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Peter Dinklage,Anna Paquin,Ellen Page,Nicolas Hoult... 

More acting talent than in Endgame imo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I get the Vet plan for the TMobile One, so I get 50% off...no way I'm ever giving that discount up, with the kids being added at $10/each - free data is priceless with teens:)...and I do love the entertainment deals they send (this month, my spouse and I have had latte dates at Dunkin Donuts every other week - free and quick is a great date when you're stressed for time and money at the end of the learning year:)... 

PS - Out of likes and it's not even the weekend! - AHH!

Well good you deserve it, thank you for your service!

My wife hopefully will get the first responder plan, have to confirm her eligibility. That's $45 with no data caps, no bad.

• Like 1