sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I concur, exactly my thoughts and I predicted 65 million. Maybe it will surprise or the actuals will go up a bit and get us to 65

As if that would magically make it somehow a good result.

Still a complete disaster for a movie that was supposed to blow past 100ow.

There's no saving Flopa-Flopa now.

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 3

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

Remember The Mummy 2017 had amazing trailer views too

That was likely a case of “the more of the actual movie people see, the less interested they get.” If they had dropped that initial teaser right before release, perhaps people would have run out to see it, but then it presumably would have nosedived once they saw what the movie actually was.

Again, maybe studios need to stop dropping trailers so freaking early.

Edited by TServo2049

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

A movie about Pokemon that opens to 60 or 70 million is a fantastic opening. The only reason why it's not is because some of you bozos here got ridiculous with your expectations.

Honestly reading the Alita, Pokémon, Mary poppins returns e.t.c threads feels like entering the twilight zone.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Remember the Mummy 2017 also sucked

Wild that Tom Cruise did one of the worst and one of the best big budget films of the century back to back

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alli said:

well yeah, but it had a disastrous OW considering the youtube views. they didn't translate to OW box office

Was this the final Mummy trailer, or the airplane teaser? I thought all the buzz was from that initial teaser, which implied a different and scarier movie than what we actually got. Then when everyone saw Russell Crowe as Nick Fury and the Dark Universe announcement, they went “oh fuck, this isn’t what we were hoping for at all” and noped right the fuck on out.

Edited by TServo2049

Just now, ScoobyDoo21 said:

The Mummy is a great lesson on how not to try to make a cinematic universe just like Amazing Spiderman 2.

I blame MCU.  the studios tried to copy them and rushed the cinematic universes from the first movie in the would be franchise. BIG MISTAKE

• Like 1