sfran43

Tuesday (5/21) Numbers: John Wick 3 $6.50M | Avengers Endgame $2.90M | Pokemon: DP $2.75M

19 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

I just wanted to take you out on a beer, you could have said no dear:) i said what i had to...your intentional or not chicken shittness did the rest... all i wanted.. now im off to see endgame.. cheers data loving people... foff to bored haters and quasi wanna bes ;) you know who you are and thanks to you and your wha wha wha the wolves are destroying our nice civilization

TTVOMJ

Good god...that grammar...and that word. Fuck that! :gold:

3 hours ago, baumer said:

You don't know  @tawasal....he is nothing like the other posters that you're talkin about. He's actually one of the respected posters at this site in my opinion. To me he calls it like it is and how he sees it. He's not biased towards anything.

Can't erase  sorry didn't mean to put him here.

Thanks baumer. I really appreciate how you see what I do here, I am not gushing over one franchise over the other and I don't comment about a movies quality at all in here, the most I do is post about box office numbers in a more realistic manner. I really liked Captain Marvel and I am not forcing my love of the movie and any other movie I loved onto anyone. 

And I erased for you who ever that was. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tawasal said:

For real go ahead and block me if stating a realistic scenario of a movie dropping from an estimate (which did happen) is a troll worthy for you. 

Its the 20th that annoyed me. Fair enough back to blocked. Have a good one.

Edited by cdsacken

17 minutes ago, tawasal said:

For real go ahead and block me if stating a realistic scenario of a movie dropping from an estimate (which did happen) is a troll worthy for you. 

It's pretty clear that what he's ACTUALLY angry about is the film dropping from the estimate :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, MOVIEGUY said:

It's pretty clear that what he's ACTUALLY angry about is the film dropping from the estimate :hahaha:

Nah not really. I think it goes 850ish. I don't get annoyed about it dropping 200k. That would be insane.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Admiration for James Cameron should be the norm on the Box Office Theory forum. Better we get in line and have star wars or Marvel avatar like drones I guess.

Being called a loonie is not a bad thing my friend. We all have the films that we stan for. I am a looney for so many films. Jaws, Friday the 13th, Indiana Jones, anything John Hughes and so on.

3 hours ago, baumer said:

You don't know @Tawabsece @tawasal....he is nothing like the other posters that you're talkin about. He's actually one of the respected posters at this site in my opinion. To me he calls it like it is and how he sees it. He's not biased towards anything.

Can't erase @Tawabsece sorry didn't mean to put him here.

IronJimbo is consistently one of the most entertaining posters here. The bubbly fanboys are the comic relief, with the sour fanboys playing the straight person in the buddy comedy, but along with the non-partisans above such petty things, together they add a lot of flavor to what would otherwise be a glorified excel spreadsheet comment section.

Best,

Pure Spirit

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, baumer said:

Being called a loonie is not a bad thing my friend. We all have the films that we stan for. I am a looney for so many films. Jaws, Friday the 13th, Indiana Jones, anything John Hughes and so on.

Animated Pixar??

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I unblock your posts only to realize it makes sense that you are blocked. Like IronJimbo but worse.

This was totally uncalled for. Summon @IronJimbo by insulting him, followed by a mod dead-dropping on him, and then the crowds cheer because he's irritated about it? What is happening in this thread? :not cool: Lay off the guy.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, baumer said:

Loonie is definitely intended as an insult when applied to Jimbo. You might personally want it to be used in a way that has a positive connotation, but that clearly does not reflect the intent of those using the word in this context.         

And if you brought up Jaws, F13, IJ, Hughes, so forth like 5 times a day often in threads for entirely different movies that you were acting contemptuous toward, that would be a very different thing than just being a huge fan of them.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What has happened to the daily threads? The last 2 weeks have been horrible from an old guys perspective and it feels like the mods have just given up keeping everyone on track. 

On topic, it appears the films have done what they should have given the Monday holiday. Always makes this time of May interesting to track. 

Nice drops all around today though for sure. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Loonie is definitely intended as an insult when applied to Jimbo. You might personally want it to be used in a way that has a positive connotation, but that clearly does not reflect the intent of those using the word in this context.         

And if you brought up Jaws, F13, IJ, Hughes, so forth like 5 times a day often in threads for entirely different movies that you were acting contemptuous toward, that would be a very different thing than just being a huge fan of them.

You should have been at BOM forums back in the day and anyone called Loonie there never took it as batshit crazy and was seen as a positive, which it is still.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Loonie is definitely intended as an insult when applied to Jimbo. You might personally want it to be used in a way that has a positive connection, but that clearly does not reflect the intent of those using the word in this context.         

And if you brought up Jaws, F13, IJ, Hughes, so forth like 5 times a day often in threads for entirely different movies that you were acting contemptuous toward, that would be a very different thing than just being s huge fan of them.

Yeah, this.

6 minutes ago, tawasal said:

You should have been at BOM forums back in the day and anyone called Loonie there never took it as batshit crazy and was seen as a positive, which it is still.

I’ll take your word for what it used to mean, but connotations change over time. I’m confident that far less than half of the times I’ve seen it used recently was intended as a positive. 

• Thanks 1

Mendelson says 2.878M for Endgame on Tuesday.

Avengers: Endgame earned another $2.878 million on Tuesday, actually dropping 9% from Monday’s $3.16 million gross. To be fair, yesterday was weird in term of day-to-day holds, as John Wick: Chapter 3 only jumped 14% from Monday ($6.5 million for a $69 million five-day cume) and Pikachu jumped only 10% for a $99.5 million 16-day total. Only A Dog’s Journey got the conventional Tuesday bump (many theater chains offer discount tickets on Tuesday), rising 44% on Tuesday for a $1 million gross and a still-underwhelming $9.731 million five-day cume.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Mendelson says 2.878M for Endgame on Tuesday.

Avengers: Endgame earned another $2.878 million on Tuesday, actually dropping 9% from Monday’s $3.16 million gross. To be fair, yesterday was weird in term of day-to-day holds, as John Wick: Chapter 3 only jumped 14% from Monday ($6.5 million for a $69 million five-day cume) and Pikachu jumped only 10% for a $99.5 million 16-day total. Only A Dog’s Journey got the conventional Tuesday bump (many theater chains offer discount tickets on Tuesday), rising 44% on Tuesday for a $1 million gross and a still-underwhelming $9.731 million five-day cume.

He is a box office expert, and doesn't know why monday was unusual. And it's damn closing to IW's 2.859m 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

He is a box office expert, and doesn't know why monday was unusual. And it's damn closing to IW's 2.859m 

Yeah, I was gonna say does he not know that it was Victoria Day in Canada.

That being said, I'm actually surprised VD had that much of an effect. A Monday holiday in the US I can see having a significant effect because the population difference is astronomical.

Just now, JB33 said:

Yeah, I was gonna say does he not know that it was Victoria Day in Canada.

That being said, I'm actually surprised VD had that much of an effect. A Monday holiday in the US I can see having a significant effect because the population difference is astronomical.

There was someone who posted a link to a site that tracks Quebec box office numbers and they do seem to generate a lot of dollars and do have some sort of effect, but they Canadian Dollars and I don't know the exchange rate. 

Charlie was also posting the Canadian numbers this week, it dropped like 70% in Canadian territory alone from monday to tuesday.