sfran43

Tuesday (5/21) Numbers: John Wick 3 $6.50M | Avengers Endgame $2.90M | Pokemon: DP $2.75M

I think Endgame will be above IW’s Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday may be tough, as Aladdin opens the following day so there are previewed in the evening. However, I am reminded that someone posted a while back that Disney films in already in release all benefit when Disney opens a big movie. I don’t know if that is true, but perhaps Aladdin will help Endgame. 

i went and saw Pika yesterday with my son. The theater was packed for a 6:15 show.

AE has basically been mirroring IW for the last 11 days - it got a little increase on Monday compared to IW due to the Canadian Holiday which I think it was able to take more advantage of than IW did.

IW made 80M from this point. Realistically AE will be close to that one way or the other. Probably 75-85M. So that gives you anywhere from just under 850 to as much as 860. 

I expect it to do a little better than IW this weekend, but it might start dropping behind it after Memorial Day. Wouldn't shock me if it falls behind IW today.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tawasal said:

It will still drop from the early estimates like yesterday, maybe with final numbers it might come below IW. 

I unblock your posts only to realize it makes sense that you are blocked. Like IronJimbo but worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I think Endgame will be above IW’s Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday may be tough, as Aladdin opens the following day so there are previewed in the evening. However, I am reminded that someone posted a while back that Disney films in already in release all benefit when Disney opens a big movie. I don’t know if that is true, but perhaps Aladdin will help Endgame. 

Wednesday plummeted for IW. Thursday will be hard, it had a slight increase. It's entire weekend was awesome too.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

I unblock your posts only to realize it makes sense that you are blocked. Like IronJimbo but worse.

You don't know @Tawabsece @tawasal....he is nothing like the other posters that you're talkin about. He's actually one of the respected posters at this site in my opinion. To me he calls it like it is and how he sees it. He's not biased towards anything.

Can't erase @Tawabsece sorry didn't mean to put him here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

You don't know @Tawabsece @tawasal....he is nothing like the other posters that you're talkin about. He's actually one of the respected posters at this site in my opinion. To me he calls it like it is and how he sees it. He's not biased towards anything.

Fair enough. He's been incredibly negative nonstop the last couple weeks. I don't know him nor pretend to but if he hates it so much I don't get why he posts about it incessantly. I will unblock based on your opinion but I'm not optimistic.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

You trying to say @IronJimbo isn't respected baumer? 🤔

I think EG will possibly fall below IW on Thursday, but judging from its great performance on Victoria Day and the Sunday before that it seems like there is a runtime effect with demand shifting to weekends/holidays, so I think its 4-day will be above IW, and if it can keep pace through the next week or two it'll start benefiting from summer weekdays and should be good for 850+

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm saying Tawasal isn't a Cameron loonie.

Admiration for James Cameron should be the norm on the Box Office Theory forum. Better we get in line and have star wars or Marvel avatar like drones I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One can admire the visual spectacle of Avatar, love Terminator and Terminator 2 and appreciate James Cameron without coming off as obsessed. I'm sure Avatar 2 when it comes out in 5 years will be great.

Edited by cdsacken

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Admiration for James Cameron should be the norm on the Box Office Theory forum. Better we get in line and have star wars or Marvel avatar like drones I guess.

You can definitely admire someone but you dont have to stan for him all the time or belittle other movies. I like Cameron movies and admire him even more.

• Like 1