sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

4 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I mean warner bros is bringing back loony toons with space jam 

scooby doo 

tom and jerry 

just pokemon 

studios are using nostalgia just Disney ips have the most nostalgia attached to it. But other studios are doing it too 

just disney is doing it better lol

Scoob will be interesting to see box office wise because it does seem WB is putting their weight behind it with a very strong vocal cast and the first image was pretty impressive. I fully expect them to show the first trailer during the 50th anniversary. 

Space Jam 2 isn't the only Looney Tunes revival, it's starting this year with the Looney Tunes Cartoons shorts so clearly WB is trying to help make them relevant again. They're apparently doing Hanna Barbera shorts next which will help bring characters other than Scooby into the limelight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Also it helps that most of these properties they are bring back have performed so well in their original outing and were both critically and box office wise hits. 

Yeah. Disney remaking and adapting older movies 

a lot of studios trying to adapt tv shows or video game ips into movies.

there isn’t any concrete stories just making up on stories on spot and it’s lousy 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Sure obscure stuff like Peter Pan.

I think David Lowery is great and I'm one of the supposed few that remembers and loved Pete's Dragon but another Peter Pan?  Why???

Lilo and Stitch and The Princess and The Frog seem like good candidate, they won't make BATB/TJB numbers but Maleficent/Aladdin numbers seem right on the money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Scoob will be interesting to see box office wise because it does seem WB is putting their weight behind it with a very strong vocal cast and the first image was pretty impressive. I fully expect them to show the first trailer during the 50th anniversary. 

Space Jam 2 isn't the only Looney Tunes revival, it's starting this year with the Looney Tunes Cartoons shorts so clearly WB is trying to help make them relevant again. They're apparently doing Hanna Barbera shorts next which will help bring characters other than Scooby into the limelight. 

Loony toons really really needs to exposure to kids in this generation 

i think they skipped a whole generation of kids last 15 years. 

Dont hear it talked about with my little cousins.

hopefully the animated shorts help and can lead hype to space jam 2

Edited by Minnale101
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sure obscure stuff like Peter Pan.

I think David Lowery is great and I'm one of the supposed few that remembers and loved Pete's Dragon but another Peter Pan?  Why???

I think Peter Pan needs to be rested in general, I would rather see Hunchback of Notre Dame done as a big scale live action musical film with the book ending.

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I know Disney is planning a Lilo and Stitch. And I bet a Bambi remake will eventually be released. 

Lilo and Stitch would be fun but Bambi would struggle, it'd be very difficult to expand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do wonder if Disney might look at the less successful films for live action remakes since after The Lion King, they only really have a handful that have the nostalgia factor like The Little Mermaid. 

They're just testing the waters to see if anything really lands because the Holy Grail of The Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast/Aladdin/The Lion King were always going to be so much bigger than everything else other than perhaps Frozen (which is at least 15 years away from getting remade). As far as I know the only things that are really a sure thing at the moment are Mulan (which is already made) and Cruella (which is taking the Maleficent approach).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I know Disney is planning a Lilo and Stitch. And I bet a Bambi remake will eventually be released. 

Lilo & Stitch and Emporer's New Groove might be a good fit.

Bambi "Man's in the forest"  can traumatize a whole new generation in more "realistic" "live" action.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m not concerned about Disney, but I find it a little funny that you’re supporting “the money is getting spread around” with a top 10 chart where 2 MCU movies are over 54% of the gross :hahaha:

B/c the MCU won't have that money next year...other than the MCU supers, the box office is even in 2019, except Disney had its decade-in-the-making event this year...and obviously, they get to reap the benefits just like other "endings in the making" did in years past:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

I mean Jungle Book worked immensely and it was a Disney animated film from the 60s. Dumbo's story just didn't work with the live action format since Cinderella also worked (Imo the best) and that wasn't much younger then Dumbo either.

Just now, Minnale101 said:

Loony toons really really needs to exposure to kids in this generation 

i think they skipped a whole generation of kids last 15 years. 

Dont heart it talked about with ny little cousins.

hopefully the animated shorts help and can lead hype to space jam 2

Warner Bros lost faith in the Looney Tunes after Back in Action bombed, they didn't start using again until the CGI shorts and The Looney Tunes Show and Wabbit/New Looney Tunes. The shorts I hope will bring them back to their roots. 

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Lilo & Stitch and Emporer's New Groove might be a good fit.

Bambi "Man's in the forest"  can traumatize a whole new generation in more "realistic" "live" action.

Kingdom of The Sun. Disney, it is a great idea. As TENG is a bit more zany, KOTS especially with the musical craze could be good for live action.

After reading a pitch for a live action Bambi a few months, and i doubt the Disney version would be as dark, I imagine it'd be more traumatic for kids.

• Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

And I bet a Bambi remake will eventually be released. 

thought  I felt a shiver go down my spine a moment ago.  Didn't know why until I saw this post.

Wooof.  Talk about a film that could either Break All Da Records or light up the internet in flames from backlash if it wasn't done right.

Not sure I really want to think about that one too much, actually. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

I mean Jungle Book worked immensely and it was a Disney animated film from the 60s. Dumbo's story just didn't work with the live action format since Cinderella also worked (Imo the best) and that wasn't much younger then Dumbo either.

Dumbo's story is just super dated tbh. They probably wanted to remake it to give it a more PC spin.

I feel universal could do some live action movies of older dream work animation movies 

imagine the prince of Egypt live action movie. That would be amazing 

Shrek would be a no-brainer. The others are a little harder to adapt due to their concept. 

• Like 1

I feel universal could do some live action movies of older dream work animation movies 

imagine the prince of Egypt live action movie. That would be amazing 

I'd love to see Disney try to improve on some of their past 2000s Animation's like Atlantis or Treasure Planet and give them the live action treatment. But due to how profitable nostalgia is I doubt it.

• Like 1