sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Disney should start animating their live action films like the Straight Story and D2 the Mighty Ducks once they run out of animated films to adapt into live action

Don't worry.  It's when Disney decides to remake the SW films is when I WILL BURN THIS MF-ING BOARD TO THE GROUND!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It's fair to say that every studio is trying to dredge up IP from the past seeing as how difficult it as been for studios to launch new franchises in the last 5 years. The problem is with Disney focusing exclusively on tentpole films you are leaving little room for other films. I think that's partly why Pixar has gotten so much flack for the amount of sequels its been doing this decade since it was one of the few branches of Disney that was doing original content (and thankfully is going back to that after Toy Story 4). 

IMO though we all knew this year was gonna be Disney dominance at its peak.

This. That's all I'm trying to say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All I know is the alternative to rooting for Disney is...not rooting for them. Why would I do that? I root for every studio. I want cinema to succeed. Hell, I just want cinema to survive!

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

Don't worry.  It's when Disney decides to remake the SW films is when I WILL BURN THIS MF-ING BOARD TO THE GROUND!!!!

They’re gonna make a Star Wars animated movie instead starring Harrison Ford. Instead of live action remakes....they’ll be animated action remakes :stormtrooper:

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

*must not make a TFA joke*

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

/resists making TFA joke/

:thinking:

Darth Lehnsherr is TalismanRing’s alt account until proven otherwise. Now we know where Shivampa got it from :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's b/c I mentioned Godzilla 403 isn't it?  :lol:

Please, you didn't mind the original post I was responding to.

Wow you being toxic back sure showed them. Nice job spreading the circle of toxicity around by trashing a bunch of franchises in that post. Also I didn't get a chance to see the original post, I saw yours first so I commented on yours.

The Cheetah Girls: Animated.

$1B previews.

To reiterate I don't blame Disney for rebooting it's franchises or the position it's in, any other studio with that ability would do the same thing. I just find it frustrating that new originals (Note i use the term original loosely) have a harder time breathing nowadays in comparison to say superhero films or live action remakes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

*must not make a TFA joke*

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

/resists making TFA joke/

You're good people, both of you. 👍

• Haha 2

This is the year of Disney. More so than any other year 

they went all out before Disney plus.

im think we will get more original stuff starting next year 

it’s like the golden state warriors in nba

kind gets stale seeing a studio dominate but you gotta just say they the best.

Alot  people being contrarians. 

Disney produces some of the most memorable movies

• Like 1