efialtes76

Tuesday Numbers:Big increases...

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

what are ur guesses for mib and tarantino's hollywood?

112.5 and 165.  These are my personal, carefully considered, completely original guesses, and you definitely should not even attempt to double check that :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On Wednesday Aladdin will clear $200 million in North America, that will be day 13. Of the 34 movies that have so far made it to $200 million between days 15 and 10, only 6 didn't also reach $300 million.

The 6 films that didn't make it are Goblet of Fire (mid-November), Mockingjay Part 2 (same slot as Goblet but a decade later) Man of Steel (mid-June), Matrix Reloaded (opened a week before MD weekend in May), The Amazing Spider-Man (opened the week of 4th of July) and Monsters University (June 21st, just like Toy Story 4 this year). Of those only Goblet of Fire and Monsters University had A Cinemascores, the rest were A- or lower.

Even with its upcoming competition I'd say those are pretty good odds in favor of Aladdin reaching that $300 million milestone in North America.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thenerdal said:

Cause films get re-releases to make more money. It's never about records lol. 

#1 WW absolutely is a record they care about. Just how much we'll see. Definitely won't get there without a lot of help.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Not if it misses 200 it won’t be :ph34r:     

Hobbes and Shaw could also miss. First non Disney-produced movie over 200 to be It 2?

What if that one misses it too? But they can rejoice in 2020, when there isn’t a huge Disney owned movie opening other than BW. 

14 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

112.5 and 165.  These are my personal, carefully considered, completely original guesses, and you definitely should not even attempt to double check that :ph34r:

fair guesses. was thinking on the high-end hollywood could make it to 200.

If Endgame claims the WW #1, Avatar will definitely be getting a re-release again to reclaim it if Endgame is only about 10m-30m ahead. But will Disney want headlines of two of their properties back to back WW #1? 

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Eternals will do very good.

Yeah, I am sure it will. But it’s not as scary as facing the three MCU movies been released this year or Aladdin or The Lion King or Star Wars or Toy Story 4.

Dont they so far only have Mulan and 2 MCU movies? 

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tawasal said:

You have to understand that nobody sane is saying that EG’s numbers are bad, because we really don’t have anything to compare it to, until we get a movie near or above it’s OW. But the multiplier, no matter how you look at it, isn’t the best thing about EG’s run. It’s on the low end and one of the reasons it might come short on Avatars worldwide gross. 

With an OW that huge, is the multi really important? As long as the raw gross is very big, a low multi really isn't a problem. EG is already at $2.7B worldwide so I don't care about the multi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

On Wednesday Aladdin will clear $200 million in North America, that will be day 13. Of the 34 movies that have so far made it to $200 million between days 15 and 10, only 6 didn't also reach $300 million.

The 6 films that didn't make it are Goblet of Fire (mid-November), Mockingjay Part 2 (same slot as Goblet but a decade later) Man of Steel (mid-June), Matrix Reloaded (opened a week before MD weekend in May), The Amazing Spider-Man (opened the week of 4th of July) and Monsters University (June 21st, just like Toy Story 4 this year). Of those only Goblet of Fire and Monsters University had A Cinemascores, the rest were A- or lower.

Even with its upcoming competition I'd say those are pretty good odds in favor of Aladdin reaching that $300 million milestone in North America.

Good info. If it has a good weekend I think it's a near lock for it. I've learned my lesson. No absolute locks. Even if it misses it would be like 295 which is awesome sauce

18 minutes ago, UserHN said:

With an OW that huge, is the multi really important? As long as the raw gross is very big, a low multi really isn't a problem. EG is already at $2.7B worldwide so I don't care about the multi.

All I want is #1 but if they don't release it again to get there so be it. #2 all time is insane in this era. If Avatar 2 fails it will be a decade probably.

35 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Yeah, I am sure it will. But it’s not as scary as facing the three MCU movies been released this year or Aladdin or The Lion King or Star Wars or Toy Story 4.

Dont they so far only have Mulan and 2 MCU movies? 

Yeah Disney gonna be down big time thanks to no avatar 2. Still pissed about that. Tired of waiting :(

30 minutes ago, UserHN said:

It’s in a way important in this case for it to be able top Avatars WW and it could have also topped TFA domestic, but that’s not to say all it have received is less significant because of that. The multiplier is really only important for it to top 2 movies that are both standing #1 in those 2 spots. 

I and others are not saying Endgames numbers are disappointing, because they are not. It’s just that it has missed a great chance that won’t come easy again to top those two movies which would have been just a bonus on top of its already impressive box office performance. 

Edited by tawasal

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah Disney gonna be down big time thanks to no avatar 2. Still pissed about that. Tired of waiting :(

But it’s good in another way, we might get many movies with great legs, because there won’t be huge movies that will kill other movies on their opening weekend.

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 1