sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

9-10 seems doable for MIB. It's doing pretty solid hour-to-hour business. However, it played weirdly close to the animation comps yesterday and idk if that will continue. So I will still stick with 8-10

Friday numbers ?? hmmm 

https://deadline.com/2019/06/men-in-black-international-shaft-secret-life-of-pets-2-weekend-box-office-1202632705/

Men in Black: International will seriously have to rely on the last word in its title when it comes to box office cash this weekend because here in the states the Sony reboot/fourthquel is crashing with an estimated $25M off of an estimated $10M Friday (including last night’s $3.1M previews).

New Line’s Shaft looks to do horrible business with $3.3M today (including last night’s $600K previews), and an opening of $8.5M

Hideous

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

the Sony reboot/fourthquel is crashing with an estimated $25M off of an estimated $10M Friday (including last night’s $3.1M previews). Exits are not good at 3 stars for general audiences on ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak, a low 44% definite recommend, however kids under 12 (14% of last night’s audience) enjoyed it better at 4 stars. Parents were at 3 stars.

New Line’s Shaft looks to do horrible business with $3.3M today (including last night’s $600K previews), and an opening of $8.5M for this $35M production, on which Warners unloaded overseas rights to Netflix.  A crappy summer weekend indeed, even with a great 80% K-12 schools and 92% colleges off for summer today moving to 86% and 95% by Monday.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/men-in-black-international-shaft-secret-life-of-pets-2-weekend-box-office-1202632705/

WARNER BROS having a disappointing summer indeed.

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

I'm unclear if this is updated tracking or not, but given the shitty state of this weekend, let's hope this pans out.

Given the awesome 100% certified fresh RT score for Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 4, that movie should wake everyone up next weekend, some predicting a possible $200M opening.

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Shaft's a pretty low risk project as WB/New Line only funded half the budget, Netflix funded the rest in exchange for international distribution. 

On top of which they have kept the P&A at a bare minimum. They likely won't lose much if anything on it. Speaking of P&A, Universal is dolling out cash for SLOP2 TV ads at a level I've never seen before (topped the charts 4 weeks in a row current cum spend domestically over $44M). Must be getting antsy with Toy Story 4 around the corner

9 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

44% definite recommend is ugly, maybe a C Cinemascore incoming. I'm not sure about that 6.9 million Friday though. I think that DL # may increase