sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Lemme see you NOD YA HEAD, a Hemsbomb's comin

We could have all seen this coming if we just looked back at the last time they tried doing an additional installment without Will Smith.

To understand the future.....

You gotta go BACK IN TIME

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrPink said:

We could have all seen this coming if we just looked back at the last time they tried doing an additional installment without Will Smith.

To understand the future.....

You gotta go BACK IN TIME

Sony execs this weekend:

2oll23.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Remember things like this when people claim that they can 'ALWAYS' spot CGI.

Thors arms in the last 2 Avengers movies were also completely CGI. No one said a thing.

Just now, AJG said:

Thors arms in the last 2 Avengers movies were also completely CGI. No one said a thing.

Pattinson won't even have to hit the gym if that's what they can do with computers now

21 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Shaft's a pretty low risk project as WB/New Line only funded half the budget, Netflix funded the rest in exchange for international distribution. 

Do we have a source ?

Sam Jackson sequel of a 100m movie if the rumored extremelly small 30m budget for this are true, $15M for all the rest of the world exclusive release that would be a very weak amount.

I cannot find any detail, but 2017 article are saying:

. Netflix will pay more than half the film’s high $30 million budget, in exchange for international rights and the ability to put the film on its streaming outside the U.S. two weeks after New Line releases theatrically in the United States. 

To give an idea, the movie Think like a man:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thinklikeaman.htm

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $91,547,205    95.3%
Foreign:  $4,523,302    4.7%

Worldwide:  $96,070,507  

Made 1.6m in intl theatrical, 1.35m in intl home entertainment and 17.39m in international TV rights.

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Lemme see you NOD YA HEAD, a Hemsbomb's comin

I love how the second verse is just him describing why you should see the movie (also I never realised Megan Good was this video).

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I love how the second verse is just him describing why you should see the movie (also I never realised Megan Good was this video).

Did Hems do a credits rap for MiB International?

18 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

On the bright side, if Shaft loses to Rocketman we’ll dodge that all-rotten top 5 I mentioned earlier 😛 

... or if Phoenix loses to Rocketman :ohmygod:   

Fox/Disney’s Dark Phoenix is dropping from the sky in weekend 2 with $7.6M in 6th, -77% with a 10-day total of $50.3M.

Newest update also has RM 8M and Aladdin 14.7M. Frankly these are too early to take seriously and I expect that Shaft, MIBI, Aladdin, Phoenix, and Rocketman will all rise from the numbers in this update.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Sony will now make a deal with Marvel to put the Men in Black in the MCU

Jokes aside, I have said that the "hook" was it's a Thor/Val AU adventure.  The problem with that hook: is the movie sucks, no one will go.  Because the Internet doesn't need to actually watch the movie to make up memes and gifs.  We just need footage.  Call it the Pika Pika effect.  

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Hopefully Pitbull graces us with an original song for Cats.

Pitbull is too good for Cats.

• Like 2

Universal/Illumination’s The Secret Life of Pets 2 is right behind with a $20M second weekend, -57% for a running total of $88.2M.

Disney’s Aladdin in weekend 4 still seeing healthy holds with an estimated $14.7M in No. 3, -40% and a running total of $261.4M through Sunday.

Paramount/Marv Film’s Rocketman will take 5th with $8M in weekend 3, -42% and a running total by Sunday of $65.3M.

Fox/Disney’s Dark Phoenix is dropping from the sky in weekend 2 with $7.6M in 6th, -77% with a 10-day total of $50.3M.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/men-in-black-international-shaft-secret-life-of-pets-2-weekend-box-office-1202632705/

SLOP2 will have another big drop against TS4

-----

Shaft, Rocketman, KOTM, DARKP all could eye 7.5-8.5

-----

Thanks to Father's Day else DARKP would have dropped 80% :lol:

FANT4STIC held better

Date
(click to view chart)
Rank Weekend
Gross
%
Change
Theaters Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date Week
#
Aug 7–9 2 $25,685,737 - 3,995 - $6,429 $25,685,737 1
Aug 14–16 4 $8,168,756 -68.2% 4,004 +9 $2,040 $42,129,974 2
Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

You have received all of the reactions available in one post. One of each after I have taken out my reaction, I don't wanna ruin the perfection. 

• Haha 1