Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

3 hours ago, DInky said:

Why are incels mad at Zegler anyway? is it just because she's a latina? It's probably some nonsense considering that people still hate Brie because she suggested that the field of movie criticism could be more diverse.

She said something slightly critical about Snow White.

That's it.

• Like 6

The fact that Rachel Zegler has become Brie Larson 2.0 for all these Internet grifters just because of her comments about Snow White of all things is ridiculous. Since when was Snow White held up as some sacred cow among the Disney animated canon? She’s always been right up there with Sleeping Beauty in terms of being considered the most boring of the Disney princesses. She’s nowhere near as beloved as Ariel, or Belle or even Jasmine. 

Anyway, I’m rooting for this to do well just to piss those people off. It’s baffling that ever since TLJ, milking nerd outrage at women and minorities has become such a lucrative business model for YouTubers and bloggers. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DInky said:

Like any of these subhumans gave a crap about Snow White before this. So yeah, just your regularly scheduled misogyny and racism then.

100%. I have like 45 Disney mugs and 3 are Snow White and even I don't think about Snow White on a daily basis, these jerks sure didn't.

Hearing that this is good makes me want to see it more, because for a while it was fueled by spite. I reread the book and honestly liked it much more the second time.

12 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Literally no one I know is even aware this is coming out, let alone interested. No one. I think sub 25 OW is a possibility if reviews are poor. 

The tracking that came out Thursday says 50 million for opening weekend. For a franchise that has been dormant for 8 years on the big screen and is a prequel and does not have a star on at their peak oscar winning popularity,  that is pretty good. And the movie is apparently good that should only help. Having the actors out to promote in the final stretch  could help with awareness. 

2 hours ago, emoviefan said:

The tracking that came out Thursday says 50 million for opening weekend. For a franchise that has been dormant for 8 years on the big screen and is a prequel and does not have a star on at their peak oscar winning popularity,  that is pretty good. And the movie is apparently good that should only help. Having the actors out to promote in the final stretch  could help with awareness. 

I would be shocked if this cracks 50. I think even The Marvels is in a much better position by sheer virtue of being part of MCU. We’ll see what presales look like, I don’t think they will indicate anything near 50. 

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I would be shocked if this cracks 50. I think even The Marvels is in a much better position by sheer virtue of being part of MCU. We’ll see what presales look like, I don’t think they will indicate anything near 50. 

Considering the budget being 100M, anything over 40M OW with a healthy WOM and a good OS ratio feels like a victory to me 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Considering the budget being 100M, anything over 40M OW with a healthy WOM and a good OS ratio feels like a victory to me 

Exactly yet we will get the people around here who will say if this opens to like 45 or so that it's a disaster why did they bother ect ect.  Ignoring the budget and the reasons I listed earlier like no supernova actress exploding at the right time,  prequel and  8 years dormant. 

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ok!

Nice! At least 1 film is going to get some promotion before it gets released in Nov+Dec.

17 days before the first showings, plenty of time! But they MUST start immediately! Get Rachel Zegler, that guy playing Snow, Dinkage, and Viola Davis on all the talk shows and puppy interviews ASAP.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mentioned in the Marvels thread that there were reasons why casts being able to promote the film was an asset, and I'm pretty sure we're about to see a very concrete example as to why.

Disney must be feeling a lot of pressure right now! This could end up stealing audience from The Marvels, and God knows they need all the audience they can get!

I wonder if this will force Disney to try to speed up the deal to end the strike.

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Disney must be feeling a lot of pressure right now! This could end up stealing audience from The Marvels, and God knows they need all the audience they can get!

I wonder if this will force Disney to try to speed up the deal to end the strike.

I'm so excited for both movies and want them to do well, but I mainly want to see at least a red carpet for the Marvels with the stars. (Purely for selfish reasons ^^)

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I really don't think it'll have any impact on the strike at all. Especially seems like it's likely ending this week anyways.