SLOP 2: $3mn

MIBI: $2.7mn

Aladdin: $2.4mn

XDP: $1mn

RocketMan: $1mn

KoTM: $1mn

JW 3: $0.74mn

A:EG: $0.47mn

Just a 25% Week on Week drop for Aladdin. Excellent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

yeah, and very good for eg too

Yup, Just a 21% drop for A:EG.

If im not mistaken, that's the best Week/Week Monday drop it has had (Outside holidays) since release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

it will fall short by 15-20 yes

It's kind of amazing that the two top movies will gross almost the same and then there is a huge gap of 600M to find top3

• Like 2

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

........it added os 6 mill the previous week alone, so it will  add 3 mill for this week alone too,so

Last week was $5.3 million OS, and yes, that 0.7 million difference is a big deal at this point, but I agree with you, it will add another $10 million OS. Most of the competition bombing seems to have helped Endgame greatly and now I can totally see it with something like $2.762 billion final instead of the $2.757 I had it at a couple days ago. That's a 5 million difference, which is pretty huge this late.

And Aladdin is just outstanding, could potentially remain in the top 3 until Spider-Man next month, so two more weekends.

Edited by AlexMA

2 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Last week was $5.3 million OS, and yes, that 0.7 million difference is a big deal at this point, but I agree with you, it will add another $10 million OS. Most of the competition bombing seems to have helped Endgame greatly and now I can totally see it with something like $2.762 billion final instead of the $2.757 I had it at a couple days ago. That's a 5 million difference, which is pretty huge this late.

plz dark phoenix is not bombing, it just fell off the cliff to rise again ;d

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, stripe said:

It's kind of amazing that the two top movies will gross almost the same and then there is a huge gap of 600M to find top3

The next three after the top two (Titanic, SW:TFA, A:IW) are quite close together (2048M to 2187M), and then the number 6 (JW) is about 400M behind them, also quite a huge gap.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, stripe said:

Without an expansion or re-release EG won't match Avatar WW. It is 45M away from the mark. DOM it has 15M max in the tank (if FFH helps in late legs). And OS its going to gross another 10M more or less.

So 20M short of the record.

10M OS? Where? 

4 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

And Aladdin is just outstanding, could potentially remain in the top 3 until Spider-Man next month, so two more weekends.

2763, its locked 10 mill os and at least 10 mill from dom seem a safe bet for now

4 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I can see OS finish at 1.920-1.925B. Domestic is still a big question because we have no idea how FFH will affect EG. A drop, flat, or a jump? 

ffh has a very big  connection to endgame, and while i dont think that it will help that much bc endgame wont make that much money then, a help is a help

Edited by john2000

15 minutes ago, john2000 said:

plz dark phoenix is not bombing, it just fell off the cliff to rise again ;d

Man, sorry to disappoint, I looked and what I saw down there had its brains splattered all over the rocks and maggots were already having a party inside its skull. I know, quite graphic, but I wanted to make it very clear, that thing ain't rising anywhere. And speaking of falling of a cliff (more like Mt. Everest), did you see the Chinese 2nd weekend drop? Holy smokes!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

we need FFH soon. it's getting really boring. Toy Story 4 will be fun but I don't expect it to be really good in internet traffic. Only FFH can change that.

Any new update about Monday number? Or it is still the same as?

6 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

What was it?:o 

TTVOMJ

Opened on a Thursday, so Thursday-Sunday was $44.4 million, but actual Friday to Sunday was something around $31.9 million. The 2nd weekend was $4.6 million, no joke, from $31.9 million to $4.6 million. That's what, down about 86%? Yeah, that's a drop alright.

• Thanks 1

Drops as expected. All the male heavy movies took high 60's to low 70's drops.

The movies that were more family/female based (SLOP2 and Aladdin) had much stronger monday holds.

FWIW, at the 2 cinemas close to me at both every showing of aladdin starting at noon or later today is basically sold out at this point (a couple of individual seats in a couple of the showings are all that is left). one of the cinemas has a 9:45 am show that is over 2/3 filled. I expect Aladdin is going to have a very good Tuesday.

SLOP2 is going to take a huge hit this week. At both of those cinemas it is currently on 3 screens. Come Thursday it drops to one screen at both cinemas. At the larger of the 2 cinemas TS4 it taking 5 screens.