DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

I thought this was quite average. Passing grade, but barely.

Lots of good ideas but ultimately I was just completely disengaged throughout. Surprisingly enough, only the romantic subplot kept me interested, which is quite unusual for me with these types of movies.

Never been a fan of Spider-Man either. The only reason I watched this movie is because it's part of the MCU, in which it inserts itself quite well.

Can't wait for them to go full cosmic and weird though. I hope it does happen soon enough.

• Like 1

Wasn't Scorpion mentioned/featured in Homecoming? And if JJJ is a big presence in the next movie (how could he not be) could they be incorporating some kind of storyline there? I do also love the Kraven idea as well.

Also, not sure if this has been done to death already, but is there a chance that Donald Glover from Hoemcoming could be Prowler? And if they go "Spider-Man the Fugitive" route, maybe the two of them team up in some way?

Spider-Man getting at least one more movie is basically guaranteed. Personally I want WAY more than that. Peter is only 16. I want to follow him until mid-20s at least. The MCU with Thor is looking to buck the trend of only 3 solo movies per hero, and Spider-Man on his own has so many great villains and possibilities. They could pull of a trilogy of trilogies if they wanted to. One for high school, one for college, one for adult life. He could be the next Tony Stark and then some in terms of being the face of Marvel and the MCU.

• Like 2

One more movie? You figured that out, after the mid-credits scene 🙂?

Anyway, at the time I arrived at the theater, standard version was the only one early enough to see.

I want to see it again in 3D, for the illusion sequences. A Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man actually in it 🙂...sucks, but Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio is so great, which will allow me to sit through this Tom Holland comedy again, to get to the wonderful illusion scenes.

Also, the way they tied this in to Infinity War and Captain Marvel was weird...they made the assumption that you already saw those two films. 

They show footage of the students turning into dust, calling it the "blip" or something, yet no mention is made of Thanos. If this is your first MCU movie, someone has to explain to you what this blip is all about.

Secondly, they never explain who the Skrulls are...its assumed that you saw Captain Marvel...

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Thought it was pretty good, enjoyed it a lot more than Homecoming. I had more fun with the first half where it was focused more on the kids being kids on vacation. After the Mysterio reveal the "superhero" part of the superhero movie kinda takes over, which I don't think is either of these movies strong suit. But the humor worked really well for the most part (the morning announcements had me cracking up, those kids might be the MVPs of the movie), and overall I just enjoyed the young actors' chemistry a lot more this time. Action scenes were fine but the full-Mysterio freakout scenes were great and Spider-Man got to do some cool Spider-Man-y stuff in the final act. 1st post-credits scene was fun with JJ but the "OMG CRAZIEST POST CREDITS SCENE EVER TOTAL GAME CHANGER" reactions were way overblown. 2nd post-credits scene was unnecessary and honestly felt like one of those instances of the MCU getting up its own ass. So Nick Fury's on a spaceship and that was an alien the whole time. So what? What the hell does that have to do with the movie I just watched? How does that change anything / necessary to know?

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Idk it just felt stupid. It was so jarring, like all of a sudden: SPACE ALIENS. A BIG SPACESHIP. THE END. And it changes the events of the movie in a weird, unnecessary way, like if they really want to set up Nick Fury in space there's plenty of other ways to do it. Idk, maybe I'm just annoyed that I stayed for the rest of the credits for it. If I knew it was that I would've left lol

• Like 1

Nick Fury and Maria Hill are revealed to be Talos and Soren in disguise. At Soren's urging, Talos contacts the real Fury, who is commanding a ship crewed by Skrulls, and informs him of the unexpected complications they faced in their mission to stop the Elementals.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Post-credits_Scenes )

coming in Nov 2020

I don't know, for me it's ok. Those little tidbits were all we had in the past and felt awesome 🙂

Edited by JimiQ

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

When Peter gave Beck Edith, he asked the protocols to be transferred and needed a confirmation from him. But in the end, Peter got it back and commanded Edith right away without any confirmation. What explains this? Is it because he was the original owner?

This was my concern as well but probably that's the only reason I could think of. Tony entrusted Peter to have Edith so basically he gave all the access to him.

• Like 2

My question is, has Fury been a Skrull ever since Winter Soldier? Is this scene really setting something up that just hits fans like a truck, making us re-think the whole MCU? Or just a throwaway gag in that he was just replaced for this movie?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

When Peter gave Beck Edith, he asked the protocols to be transferred and needed a confirmation from him. But in the end, Peter got it back and commanded Edith right away without any confirmation. What explains this? Is it because he was the original owner?

As Happy Hogan has stated, Peter is Tony's ultimate protege and someone he trusted to do better than him. Peter Parker will forever be Edith's ultimate boss in Tony's design. Peter can delegate or designate the control of Edith to someone else, but he can freely take back its control anytime. This makes sense and this is what I think transpired.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My question is, has Fury been a Skrull ever since Winter Soldier? Is this scene really setting something up that just hits fans like a truck, making us re-think the whole MCU? Or just a throwaway gag in that he was just replaced for this movie?

Talos!Fury is noticeably less competent. I’m quite confident the idea is that sometime between the return snap and FFH (8 months) Fury went to space and had Talos and Soren sub in for him on Earth.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean it's possible, he's not in CACW or AIW/EG.  But that just seems too complicated.  He's clearly on some new post-EG secret mission.

As for the future of Spider-Man:

Miles or BUST.  I'm really sad we didn't get a shout out to him in this movie.  The five-year Blip is SUCH a perfect set up for Miles to step up as Spider-Man.  

• Like 1

Saw this last night. Certainly better than SM:Homecoming, but significantly below Raimi's first two Spidey films. First act drags (especially those meant to be funny and humorous). Third act is good. Overall still lacking in emotional gravity. 

I like Jake a lot and he is good in this movie, and Mysterio's skill set and operation modus are certainly unique and interesting, but Quentin Beck is at most a mid-tier villain for me. His motive, his formidability, his character development and his relatedness is mid to lower tier villain to me.

The script/story and the acting are overall good. What is lacking for me is the directing. The pace, the flow, the emphasis, the shots seem erratic. Worse, in many places when I sensed the emotional gravity coming yet it was interrupted abruptedly or not explored further. While some of the jokes/humors dragged or failed to land.

I am underwhelmed by the mid-credit scene. Certainly not "mind blowing" at all for me. There are 2 separate things in the scene. While JK Simmons coming back as JJJ is a surprise (a most welcome one), it has little consequences either to Spidey or MCU. Many people probably interpreted it wrongly and assumed some real multiverse thing linked to previous Spidey incarnation. The second thing, that Spidey was revealed as Peter Parker surely will affect Peter's personal life and put his loved ones at risk, but has little implications on future MCU at large.

In contrast, the end credit scene is more interesting. It confirms Skrull have been living on/around Earth, and have remained in good relationship with Nick Fury. The good ones (like Talos) can be a great help to Avengers, but surely some bad guys in these Skrull diaspora will cause problem later (You will never be sure the next appearance of Fury or Maria Hill is real or faked.)

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I mean it's possible, he's not in CACW or AIW/EG.  But that just seems too complicated.  He's clearly on some new post-EG secret mission.

Miles or BUST.  I'm really sad we didn't get a shout out to him in this movie.  The five-year Blip is SUCH a perfect set up for Miles to step up as Spider-Man.  

Well if they are planning 6-9 movies, than surely they are saving Miles for later. Let's say teaser in Spidey 5 and full role in Spidey 6 and last trilogy would be all Miles with Peter in supporting role as a mentor and then he dies in Spidey 8 and Spidey 9 will be Miles dealing with his death

Miles could by like 6 years old now

4 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Well if they are planning 6-9 movies, than surely they are saving Miles for later. Let's say teaser in Spidey 5 and full role in Spidey 6 and last trilogy would be all Miles with Peter in supporting role as a mentor and then he dies in Spidey 8 and Spidey 9 will be Miles dealing with his death

This sounds exhausting.  Let's just off Peter half way through Spidey 3.

Seriously though.  Miiles Morales and Kamala Khan are the most asked about "Where The Hell Are They, Kevin?!" characters in the MCU.  They're not going to wait another three movies.  

4 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Miles could by like 6 years old now

Miles is way older than 6.  In Homecoming he's old enough to talk to Aaron on the phone, and it's been at least a five year jump from that.

Let's just see how long the Sony/Marvel deal is extended post FFH. They might have Peter and Miles be Spider-Man simultaneously. But yeah I really don't see them killing off or getting rid of Peter Parker since Tom Holland is still young enough to play the character and his iteration is only getting more and more popular each film. They're definitely taking the Harry Potter route with the Spider-Man franchise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Its too early for Miles, maybe in SM 4

• ...wtf 1