charlie Jatinder

The Admission Count Thread.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:00 AM, danhtruong5 said:

I have seen people who are Titanic fans but not Avatar fans (they dont care about Avatar) and maybe vice versa.

That is me! 

In fact, if it wasn't for Avatar, Titanic could stay on top of the history for another 6 years. all in 18 years long! Truly Gone of the wind of this generation! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MattW said:

If admissions is the metric shouldn't the comparison be Endgame vs Titanic?

That idea already posted on some previous pages in this thread by Charlie after he completed the admissions estimate for EG (After seeing the gap between EG and Avatar and saw that EG and Tinatic are more comparable and Avatar and IW are more comparable because they are quite in the same rang of admissions).

My guest is that Titanic first run is 380-390 and after the re-release, it passed 400

Edited by danhtruong5
  • Like 1

Dick measuring on BOT despite the fact both did extremely well and will likely be remembered from their runs (Avatar being an original IP, arguably caused the demand of Hollywood films in China to grow as well as 3D, and Endgame, the 22nd MCU film that acts as the finale bringing the first $300M+ and $350M+ OW as well as humongous run breaking the typical boundaries for a CBM OS). Must be a day that ends in y.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Endgame admission more than Avatar, that is quite indisputable, almost certain to beat avatar now.

However, if you want me to pick avatar vs endgame, which film has more impressive run, I will still choose avatar.

1. Avatar simply had more all time number 1 countries in its box office run, Avatar basically became the all time champion in almost every major country including US, China, SK, UK, France, Australia, Russia, Spain , Italy , etc. Endgame meanwhile, except for Mexico , Brazil, I really can't think of any other major market where Endgame got all time number 1.

2. Endgame took about 90 days(estimate) or more to become all time number 1 while avatar took only 41 days to beat Titanic. In fact, Endgame needs more days to beat Avatar than Titanic beat JP. Titanic took 68 days to beat JP's record despite not having the simultaneous opening in every part of the world like EG .

3, Endgame simply did not pass Avatar big "enough". Avatar way nearly a billion over Titanic while Titanic doubled JP's number. Jurassic Park beat E.T by more than 200m. In fact, Endgame needs extra push to beat Avatar while none of the past all time grosser need that kind of push. They had already become the highest grossing film of all time by the time they re-released in theater.      

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Endgame admission more than Avatar, that is quite indisputable, almost certain to beat avatar now.

However, if you want me to pick avatar vs endgame, which film has more impressive run, I will still choose avatar.

1. Avatar simply had more all time number 1 countries in its box office run, Avatar basically became the all time champion in almost every major country including US, China, SK, UK, France, Australia, Russia, Spain , Italy , etc. Endgame meanwhile, except for Mexico , Brazil, I really can't think of any other major market where Endgame got all time number 1.

2. Endgame took about 90 days(estimate) or more to become all time number 1 while avatar took only 41 days to beat Titanic. In fact, Endgame needs more days to beat Avatar than Titanic beat JP. Titanic took 68 days to beat JP's record despite not having the simultaneous opening in every part of the world like EG .

3, Endgame simply did not pass Avatar big "enough". Avatar way nearly a billion over Titanic while Titanic doubled JP's number. Jurassic Park beat E.T by more than 200m. In fact, Endgame needs extra push to beat Avatar while none of the past all time grosser need that kind of push. They had already become the highest grossing film of all time by the time they re-released in theater.      

That’s entirely subjective, and completely fine to say. My 2 cents on most impressive box office runs:

1. Titanic

2. Avengers: Endgame

3. Avatar

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

Cringeworthy thread, and impossible to calculate with 100% certainty. Just accept that Endgame failed to beat Avatar and get on with your lives.

Cringeworthy is the common sense of people not accepting a simple fact that Avatar's Admission has been passed.

If you are not one of them, this line isn't for you. Throwing accusation all day is what makes this thread garbage, but even if you are here to just throw shit around, someone is doing hard work in proving his point. 

This thread would never have existed if somebody had casually accepted @Charlie Jatinder Approx. Admission numbers during May, they were approximate for a reason. The said person demanded the know-how of how Charlie reached those numbers questioning his integrity or calling it all dubious. That's all this thread is here for. Earth has a radius of 6400 Km approx, you don't go around asking people to show you the scale by which it was measured, Do you? 

Anyway, Avatar was/is/will remain a great 3D film that had a fantastic and arguably a run, I would have loved IW or EG to have as MCU fan. But, be honest as an Avatar fan, Don't you wish for Avatar 2 have the same OD and OW as EG did? Avatar changed the decade of cinema and there is no denying that. Me shouting against it doesn't change that fact.

But, When you are about to shoot down another movie in favour of it, be ready to be shot down. I can be honest and accept that but Can you do the same for IW & EG? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Even if Charlie's calculations are grossly incorrect, he has EG at just about 100 million more admissions worldwide. That's such a wide number that it would seem indisputable to argue against it 

Charlie's number of EG is largely exaggerated but he stand on EG having higher admission than Avatar is quite reasonable and realistic. I have the same thought but never expect the gap to be that wide.     

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Charlie's number of EG is largely exaggerated but he stand on EG having higher admission than Avatar is quite reasonable and realistic. I have the same thought but never expect the gap to be that wide.     

Hmm? Exaggerated? Wasn't it based on reports about money number and admission number from overseas markets with sources?

Edited by danhtruong5

On 6/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, Permanent Magnet said:

in Egypt EG made approximately 29,401,006 in local currency , the average ticket price in Egypt is 65EGP (about 3.90$)

if we factor that EG made a big chunk of its money from higher than ATP due to IMAX and other PLF screens, so lets say the ATP is 75-80EGP, that put the range between 367 and 392K, far from the 220k estimation

https://elcinema.com/en/work/2032663/boxoffice

https://www.expatistan.com/price/movies/cairo

great work,btw

My ticket cost me 90 egp in Alexandria

8 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Hmm? Exaggerated? Wasn't it based on reports about money number and admission number from overseas markets with sources?

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yep. C’mon, @titanic2187.

Of the countries that report admission, many had Avatar more than EG, Europe and Japan almost entirely wiped out the net increase  contributed by China.

I don't get how Avatar can lose to EG by 100m+ admission with the left over countries especially when the difference between two in USA is looking at around 10m. Unless charlie is underestimating Avatar's admission. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Of the countries that report admission, many had Avatar more than EG, Europe and Japan almost entirely wiped out the net increase  contributed by China.

I don't get how Avatar can lose to EG by 100m+ admission with the left over countries especially when the difference between two in USA is looking at around 10m. Unless charlie is underestimating Avatar's admission. 

What do you even mean by "left over" countries? The "left over" countries that you are talking about have an way more dense population than Europe and  Japan, and it’s not like Endgame was a slouch in those locations. You are coming off quite bitter and I’d even say kind of obnoxious. I won’t be touching arguments about "left over" countries. Fucking ugh dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

54 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Even if Charlie's calculations are grossly incorrect, he has EG at just about 100 million more admissions worldwide. That's such a wide number that it would seem indisputable to argue against it 

Yes, China completely balanced out the whole of Avatar's Europe's & Australian ticket gain alone!

• Europe Avatar Tickets: 100m - Europe EG Tickets: 60m = 40m Lead by Avatar.
  • China Avatar Ticket: 40m (highest possible taken, though the real number is ~27m) - China EG Tickets: 86m ----> Lead Balanced out.

India balanced out Japan's gain, even if the lowest ticket prices of 75Rs. are taken. Avatar Gross in India: 1100M Rupees.

• Highest TP--> 300Rs. -----> 3.66m admissions.
  • Average TP----> 135 Rs. ------> 8m admissions.
  • Lowest TP ----> 75 Rs. --------> 16m admissions.
  • Tickets Sold in India by EG= 23M

Now Asia still has 22 other Countries where Avatar is not even present in the top 20 movies whereas EG leads the way at the top. I searched, asked and looked at articles in 2009 and have even linked the sources in my previous posts. I even took the lowest ticket prices for that year in 2009 for those 22 Countries to give the maximum number of footfalls for Avatar but even then, Avatar was behind EG by a whopping 31M in Asia alone.

In 22 Countries --> 31m behind, taking in the lowest ticket price. How is that not possible? [Sources, search my previous posts]

In Latin America, you have an Admission count. 

I took the lowest ticket prices in favour of Avatar and Avatar lost by around 40-45m.

Charlie must be taking normal ATP would give a larger boost from LA and ASIA. 

So, Charlie is about right. Prove him wrong otherwise.

Yes, you can guesstimate average ticket price wrongly, but you can't fake the lowest ticket price and total gross. All Cinema Chains had fixed lowest TPs in 2009, you won't find cheaper tickets than that. Take them for that year and you will come disappointed by how less Avatar had grossed in Asia.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1