Eric Prime

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

Most influential movies purely for VFX since 1990 are probably Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Avatar.

Guess Toy Story oughta be here too. Animation in cinema completely changed after it. Could be argued that it's the most influential since it came out. 2D animation slowly but surely disappeared. Some ways disappointing because I love good 2D animation.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

I'd laugh that it's gonna shoot up 200% even though (by all accounts) all they've added is a tribute, a deleted scene, and a clip from a movie that opens in just 3 days, but I guess this was a dead enough weekend to take advantage. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Something like 55-60 this weekend then, no? Probably closer to 55 though.

$ 57M using I2 jump / drop on Sat / Sun.

But TS4 jump on Friday was bigger than I2, so maybe the rest of the weekend will follow that and bring $ 58-59M to the table. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Most influential movies purely for VFX since 1990 are probably Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Avatar.

Lets go to 1989 the Abyss and Titanic.

Jim's basically Hollywood's R&D team

• Like 4