Eric the Fall Guy

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

After yesterday, I am not comfortable reading the early numbers. On the one hand its less than half of yday while on other its not much less than Homecoming OD. lol.

how can this happening ?

https://deadline.com/2019/07/spider-man-far-from-home-midnight-previews-box-office-1202641002/

3rd Update, Wednesday AM: Sony is calling the first day of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Far From Home at $39.3M and rivals see it at that level as well. Meanwhile, A24’s Ari Aster horror pic Midsommar got off to a smashing start in previews with $1.1M

MORE…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

worse.  Even RT is worse, 82% vs Hereditary's 89%. For all critical gushing, it couldn't muster even 85% let alone over FFH (94%)

Let’s not try and paint the Midsommar reviews as anything less than impressive because it suits you lol

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Let’s not try and paint the Midsommar reviews as anything less than impressive because it suits you lol

I'm not saying they are not impressive, just that considering gushing on twitter, I expected high 90s and was surprised by low 80s. 

• Knock It Off 2

50 minutes ago, Menor said:

Not all discounts are 50%, that tends to be the max but at my theater it's more like 30%. Even with all 50% discounts (very very high estimate) and assuming 40% of theaters (very very high estimate) gave the discount and assuming that demand would have stayed the same without the discount the difference would be 7.2 million, so the true difference was likely much less than that.

The Marcus Theater we went to has the same tickets we paid $5 for priced at $13

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

worse.  Even RT is worse, 82% vs Hereditary's 89%. For all critical gushing, it couldn't muster even 85% let alone over FFH (94%)

At least be fair about critical reception where FFH has a 69 on MC and Midsommar has a 71.

Pretty clear Midsommar is a bit critically divisive (as in its not for everyone’s taste, but the people who do like it have given it higher scores), whereas critics agree that FFH is around the good-decent range.

• Like 2