Eric the Ape

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

The same applies to Batman. Would be incredible if the next one can get to 300+ DOM. Gonna be ridiculously tough to ever repeat the admissions of Nolan's Dark Knight or Burton's Batman. Each just sold so many tickets not unlike Spider-man 1 and 2.

I just don’t see it being good with Matt Reeves directing it, Ben affect writing it & Robert Pattinson as the actor. 

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

1. Its not Christmas release

2. 1st Aquaman film ever; and it was projected for 200-250mn before release, only after reaction it was looking like to go that high.

3. Will definitely not be that big spectacle.

4. I am not saying it will be impossible but at this point, I think its doing 225 range.

All we know about it is who stars in it and who wrote/directed it. If the rumours of it having The Riddler, Catwoman & Penguin are true then that's gonna help it. Pattinson's also gonna be hot off of Tenet from the year before, which could be a big hit like Nolan's last few films, so that's definitely gonna help. Homecoming numbers at worst.

• Like 1

Just now, TMP said:

All we know about it is who stars in it and who wrote/directed it. If the rumours of it having The Riddler, Catwoman & Penguin are true then that's gonna help it. Pattinson's also gonna be hot off of Tenet from the year before, which could be a big hit like Nolan's last few films, so that's definitely gonna help. Homecoming numbers at worst.

I don't think it's doing Homecoming numbers, if its quality is as good as Homecoming. If its better then yeah. Homecoming was definetly boosted by Iron Man, unarguably the biggest superhero today.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Iron Man is only superhero with every film opening to $100mn.

Ps. Considering Iron man $100mn as its Thursday is weirdly not rolled in Friday.

It really is easy to take for granted nowadays but Iron Man’s performance is still insane. I never even heard of the character until the movie was announced. The trailers and marketing were very very good though. 94% on RT is what sold me.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think it's doing Homecoming numbers, if its quality is as good as Homecoming. If its better then yeah. Homecoming was definetly boosted by Iron Man, unarguably the biggest superhero today.

The last Matt Reeves monkey film got better reviews than Homecoming, so it's not impossible for his Batman film to be better.

• Like 3

Just now, harsh3090416 said:

Few reasons batsmen don’t be good. Christopher Nolan is not directing it.  Early screen play was written by freaking Ben Affleck, enough said lol, Robert Pattinson is just a bad cast as Batman. 

Ben Affleck's script was thrown in the trash. Nothing from that draft's gonna be in the film.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

The last Matt Reeves monkey film got better reviews than Homecoming, so it's not impossible for his Batman film to be better.

WoM matters not Reviews. 

Despite reviews, that film ended up doing least in franchise which had very good growth in 2nd film.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

Batman will be have to have pretty bad buzz and bad reviews to fail to reach a 100mil opening weekend imo.

DC has started to build some trust again with people after Aquaman and Shazam, and  it should hopefully continue with Joker and BOP, WW84 and SS before Batman releases as well. Most thought Aquaman was going to flop or do some pretty mediocre numbers cause of JL but that didn’t happen. Previous movies won’t matter to much to Batman if the actual movie is good. 

We’ll know a lot more once we actually see some footage of the actual movie though which won’t be for a good while. 

Edited by cax16
  • Thanks 4

Just now, harsh3090416 said:

Early screen play was Ben. Reeves is expanding around that screenplay. But it’s still the same story. 

Affleck was writing an action film with Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke as the main villain; a character who won't be showing up in Reeves' noir film.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

WoM not Reviews.

WoM for the last two Batman films was so bad because of Snyder. I can't see there being that big of a discrepancy between critics & audiences if Reeves' Bat film is as good as his Apes films. What do you think Joker will do numbers wise?

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Reeves is about the only director post-Nolan who could make me excited about Batman again.

Denis Villeneuve too, but he's already said he doesn't want to do a superhero film. Maybe he wouldn't fit the superhero studio system either.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

. What do you think Joker will do numbers wise?

Similar for both. May be Joker end up doing higher.

Besides, I think without trailer its not really a good practice to go that specific in comparison. On paper JL should have done better than wonder Woman and AIW than BP.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Astonished 1

There is big possibility that all Black Panther sequels open above 200M+ and all Captain Marvel sequels above 150m+.Totally crazy.