Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Matt Reeves is an mediocre director but a crap writer. Let Me In is one of the worst adaptations ever and most of that is because of the terrible script (that completely misunderstands everything in the book). His directing in that is ok but pales in comparison to Tomas Alfredson's.

Wait, what? Have you seen Dawn of and War for the Planet of the Apes? Considering those movies, that statement sounds so wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mekanos said:

I don't see how anyone could watch War For The Planet Of The Apes and say he's a mediocre director. I don't think the script is too great but the direction is sublime, some of the best in a Hollywood blockbuster in recent years.

I found the direction to be anything  but sublime. A lot of it was melodramatic (fr the cloying score to the random slow-mo) and most of the symbolism were really just homages to better movies made by better directors. If you want a movie where the director is able to tell an anti-war story in a sublime manner, watch the film that released a week after War.

2 hours ago, GrandierHorror said:

I know views are subjective but that's not at all right. 

Watch Let Me In and watch Let the Right One In. You can see a huge difference between both films in terms of quality.

3 hours ago, harsh3090416 said:

Few reasons batsmen don’t be good. Christopher Nolan is not directing it.  Early screen play was written by freaking Ben Affleck, enough said lol, Robert Pattinson is just a bad cast as Batman. 

Batsmen.

AllanBorder%20-klaD--621x414@LiveMint.jp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's fantastic on Saturday since all long I was expecting it to be flat (or drop slightly). So in the end with all these greater than usual days Far From Home made up for its OD and then some by still getting to where most of us saw it going into this week, which was 180-200 for the 6-days. I had it at 185 and it looks like it will absolutely get there. This bodes well for the film's legs after this week.

400 million still very much in play, obviously, as the film seems headed for 370-400 million.

Edited by AlexMA
words

2 hours ago, Rthhome said:

Sat had been going with FFH 34.5, TS4 13.1, Yes 4.1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Will agree with @Rthhome. Endgame few hours back I was seeing at 1.2. Will revise if needed. Others in some minutes.

what is Annabelle's and Midsommars saturday bump ? Annabelle must be right in the heels of Yesterday if not over it in a bump.

Edited by Davidwested

Good Sat all around, Spidey looking at 93-94m OW and 185m 6-day. I think it will fight for 400m DOM or GOTG2 territory at worst.

Toy Story 4 with another great drop, 35m 3rd weekend on going for 400m+ DOM.

Surprisingly strong hold for Annabelle, around 70m finish. This property has better multipliers than the average horror flick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

July 6th numbers

Sony_Spiderman_FFH.png: $34mn

Disney_ToyStory4_Woody_v2.png: $12.85mn

Yesterday: $4.05mn

WB_Annabelle_3_v2.png: $3.65mn

Disney_Aladdin_2019.png: $2.9mn

Avengers_Endgame_2019.png: $1.2mn

This means FFh less than 190M by sunday (27M+ sun and ≈185M 6-day)

TS4 3rd we at 35M+ (10M+ sun, and ≈308M, increasing the dom gap with TS3 up to 19M after opening 10M ahead of it). I think TS could even fight to top CM dom (426M) if the trend continues. 

Aladdin 7th we at 7.7M (2.2M+ sun, and ≈321M). I think the billie is more done than not for Ali and the genie. 

EG could make a 3.3M we, for a ≈848M dom.

What a summer for Disney.

• Like 2

Just now, meriodejaneiro said:

This means FFh less than 190M by sunday (27M+ sun and ≈185M 6-day)

TS4 3rd we at 35M+ (10M+ sun, and ≈308M, increasing the dom gap with TS3 up to 19M after opening 10M ahead of it). I think TS could even fight to top CM dom (426M) if the trend continues. 

Aladdin 7th we at 7.7M (2.2M+ sun, and ≈321M). I think the billie is more done than not for Ali and the genie. 

EG could make a 3.3M we, for a ≈848M dom.

What a summer for Disney.

yep 185 -188 for ffh

By Charlie

FFH 34 (+4.7%)

TS4 12.85 (+8%)

Yesterday 4.05 (+19.5%)

Annabelle 3.65 (+13.5%)

Aladdin 2.9 (+12%)

M 2.4 (+8.5%)

SLOP2 1.8 (+14%)

MIB 1.3 (+8.5%)

Endgame 1.2 (+13%)

RM 1.05 (+23.6%)

JW 0.84 (+18.5%)

Child Play 0.55 (+11.5%)

KOTM 0.29 (+21%)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

July 6th numbers

Sony_Spiderman_FFH.png: $34mn

Disney_ToyStory4_Woody_v2.png: $12.85mn

Yesterday: $4.05mn

WB_Annabelle_3_v2.png: $3.65mn

Disney_Aladdin_2019.png: $2.9mn

Avengers_Endgame_2019.png: $1.2mn

So Spider-Man needs a 24.8m Sunday to beat Aladdin's OWend and I guess it should get that without too many problems.

A 26m Sunday would be 24.5% drop and a 92.7m Wend.

I am really asking myself if the next Wend will drop normally for a Superhero sequel (around 55-60%) or if it will drop less because of the early opening and do a 50+m 2nd Wend.

31 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I am really asking myself if the next Wend will drop normally for a Superhero sequel (around 55-60%) or if it will drop less because of the early opening and do a 50+m 2nd Wend.

I think sub-50% is possible but $50m+ is too ambitious.

43 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

So Spider-Man needs a 24.8m Sunday to beat Aladdin's OWend and I guess it should get that without too many problems.

A 26m Sunday would be 24.5% drop and a 92.7m Wend.

Friday is holiday inflated but SM won't have a huge Thur preview in play to drop from next w/e. 

SM:HC had a 56.5%  FSS drop minus previews. SM:FFR also has three more days of burn and isn't showing a lot of front loading, also no big opener like Apes - so I'd guess lower than that.

Edited by TalismanRing

1 hour ago, Taruseth said:

Expecting $45mn. If $50mn, will cross $400mn.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TMP said:

They should have gotten an auteur like Peyton Reed or Jon Watts tbh

Thought about it for a while and they should have actually gotten James Gray. His classical sensibilities would be perfect for a 90s set noir Batman film.

52 minutes ago, john2000 said:

50 for sec weekend would be around 45 % drop ?

The Amazing Spider-Man dropped 45% on its second weekend, off of the same Tuesday release. I don't that's asking too much from FFH, especially with better wom.

7 hours ago, harsh3090416 said:

I just don’t see it being good with Matt Reeves directing it, Ben affect writing it & Robert Pattinson as the actor. 

7 hours ago, harsh3090416 said:

Few reasons batsmen don’t be good. Christopher Nolan is not directing it.  Early screen play was written by freaking Ben Affleck, enough said lol, Robert Pattinson is just a bad cast as Batman. 

Not sure why people would consider that a bad thing (if it would be even somewhat still actual, what's not), based on him being an award winning screenwriter / co-screen writer, and having not written that much / enough plays to begin with.

Writer (6 credits)
 2021 The Batman (earlier screenplay) (pre-production)
 2016 Live by Night (screenplay by)
 2010 The Town (screenplay)
 2007 Gone Baby Gone (screenplay)
2002 - TV series
 1997 Good Will Hunting (written by)

CBMs.... yes, people turn in their own ideas that might get picked up. For an existing franchise? There are usually some thoughts expressed per e.g. pre-existing multi-film contracts for certain actors,.... = if a screenplay gets dismissed completely still does not mean its even a middle ground quality play, only means something big in the plans for the franchise has changed for one reason or the other, where the play does not longer fit into.

A screenplay can even be Oscar worthy, if it does nit fit to a certain franchise (anymore) it still would hurt it.

7 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

BP, CM ;) 

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Damnit.

You wrote ~ 'opened every movie $100m/ $100m+'

Neither BP nor CM have a part 2 released yet..... (sadly).

To whoever it was who isn't that happy about the OW based on the long range tracking:

1. 6-days openings are not that wide spread, I guess that's rather rough estimates based on that alone

2. even smaller contributing non average details can throw a long range tracking quite a lot, like how would they know then what kind of weather at a certain weekend really will be? Or how critics or audience will really react? A little step away from the average for the franchise... will have an measurable impact too

Tracking is not an estimate, only a finger on the pulse at a certain date, long(ish) before the weekend.

To me actuals not reaching or surpassing a long range tracking amount is not in any form disappointing nor something overly 'super' as its only ~ loosely even connected

• Like 1