Eric the Ape

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

Spider-Man popularity right after TASM2 was awful.

5 years later, SM has appeared in 5 movies that have grossed around 8 billion combined, a successful spinoff, an Oscar winning animated film and one the biggest video games in the past few years.

Pretty impressive how Sony managed to save the IP. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Dont rule out $400M that fast:)...

I am not ruling out, that too this early, when all it takes is one good day to change trajectory. I am projecting that range realistically.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eEaG17pnLrg98zE84fWvvu_oVCucn0333xLm4QoxbEs/edit?usp=drivesdk

16 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Batman is in a better place currently than Spider-Man was post TASM 2. Though I think it might be a tougher sell to the GA for another reboot than it was for Homecoming since it had Iron Man and the MCU as a major hook. 

But yeah should do very well regardless.

I feel it hard seeing it beating Batman Begins TBH. Batman hit low with BvS and JL.

Yeah unless ofcourse its super good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Spider-Man popularity right after TASM2 was awful.

5 years later, SM has appeared in 5 movies that have grossed around 8 billion combined, a successful spinoff, an Oscar winning animated film and one the biggest video games in the past few years.

Pretty impressive how Sony managed to save the IP. 

Yes. Smart to allow Marvel Studios to reinvent Spidey live action in the MCU while focusing on a Venom live action and handing their Morales animated flick to Lord and Miller. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

Batman Begins is a pretty bleak outlook for Batman 2021. Surely that's the floor. BVS and JL certainly didn't do the Batman brand any favors but Batman And Robin was a legendary franchise killer. 

I though @Charlie Jatinder meant adjusted cause yeah anything around $200M would be very disappointing for a Batman reboot IMO. The situation certainly ain't that dire yet at least DOM. 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I though @Charlie Jatinder meant adjusted cause yeah anything around $200M would be very disappointing for a Batman reboot IMO. The situation certainly ain't that dire yet at least DOM. 

What's Begins adjusted? I forget how to change a gross to adjusted on BOM.

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Perhaps it is. In my head I had Batman Begins at 230s. So around that.

But yeah, opening weekend perhaps in BB adjusted $70-80mn approx to $225-230mn.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

But yeah, opening weekend perhaps in BB adjusted $70-80mn approx to $225-230mn.

Why would Batman make less than Aquaman domestic?

• Thanks 1

Just now, TMP said:

Why would Batman make less than Aquaman domestic?

1. Its not Christmas release

2. 1st Aquaman film ever; and it was projected for 200-250mn before release, only after reaction it was looking like to go that high.

3. Will definitely not be that big spectacle.

4. I am not saying it will be impossible but at this point, I think its doing 225 range.

• Disbelief 1