Eric the Ape

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

5 hours ago, Davidwested said:

Disney has nothing to do with Spidey.

Wrong. Without Disney's Marvel Studios, SM wouldn't have been successfully revitalized as it is at the present. Sony just reaps the financial benefits but Marvel Studios's Feige has the creative control. You seem to have forgotten the disastrous ASM movies and its downward direction in the box office.

Edited by UserHN

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Far From Home is a Sony movie. But yes of course KF and crew are behind it creatively. It's still a Sony movie.

But the statement "Disney has NOTHING to do with Spidey" is wrong. That was what I was responding to. You can call it a Sony movie and I agree, but it also doesn't warrant ignoring Disney's creative input on the new SM movies, which is the very reason why FFH could possibly hit $1B+.

• Like 6

Far From Home is produced by Marvel Studios under contract with Sony, it's quite simple. Sony pay Marvel Studios to make the movie, Sony obviously distribute it and also co-produce through their Columbia Pictures division which has historically handled all the Spider-Man movies in the past. So Disney does have something to do with the movie by way of Marvel Studios, which they own.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, anything on Saturday numbers before I got to sleep?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

RDJ in IM was but he got overshadowed by Ledger hype and they wouldn't nominate 2 funnybookers. so he got consolation Tropic Thunder. 

But that was a great performance, too. How many other actors have had two career-highlight roles in the same year? I know Richard Dreyfuss in 1977 could have had a Best Actor nomination/win for either Close Encounters or The Goodbye Girl and either would have been equally deserved (he was nominated for and won for the latter).

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

34 ish Sunday by roughly looking at numbers. More clarity in 2-3 hours.

90M weekend then? Bah gawd. MCU the gawd.

FK7ocvQ.jpg

I found Tom Holland performance just okay. Tobey is still the best Spider-Man followed by Jake Johnson. 

Holland Spider-Man is just a nostalgia bait for Iron Man fan( and there are many of us). 

I think there are lots of MCU defenders on the Internet. You can't even criticise FFH that it clearly isn't a over performance at all. Spider-Man 2 adjusted opening weekend will be much bigger than FFH. 

You can't criticise Spider-Man otherwise you will be labelled as anti-MCU. Is there a no fine line? 

People are celebrating like Spidey is doing wonders. Captain Marvel 6 days total with 3 weekdays was above 180m+. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

I think there are lots of MCU defenders on the Internet. You can't even criticise FFH that it clearly isn't a over performance at all. Spider-Man 2 adjusted opening weekend will be much bigger than FFH. 

You can't criticise Spider-Man otherwise you will be labelled as anti-MCU. Is their a no fine line? 

People are celebrating like Spidey is doing wonders. Captain Marvel 6 days total with 3 weekdays was above 180m+. 

No Spidey movie grossed over 1B, heck, not even 900M. This one is doing 1.1B+

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

😑😑😑Spidey used to earn over 800m when Asian markets have not expanded. 

All the 3 Spidey Tobey with inflation are above 1b.

3 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Also, 1b excuse is very lame now. There are over 40 films in 1b+ club.