TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Trailer timing doesn’t matter at all.   

Thor 3 is 740M WW-C but perhaps 870M or something in a July 2022 environment (I still expect Russia to be down fwiw). 15-25% real growth is not a particularly ambitious ask given the intervening movies.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

He's the second most popular Marvel character currently.

I like that I have no idea who is first :hahaha:

Edit: Nevermind, was thinking Disney marvel for some reason. Depending on how many Peter Parker’s you count you could bump Thor to 4th :sparta:

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 hour ago, Tokugennumataka said:

He's the second most popular Marvel character currently. If Ragnarok could do 740M WW-China, 1B should be fairly easy post IW and EG. Thinking atleast 450/650. 

I don't think THOR 4 is going to make a bill, you never know it might hit that sweet 900 spot. Thor 3 made 716ish - CC/RUSS/UKR. I don't see it, I sure in hell don't see its domestic increasing by 40%.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

I don't think THOR 4 is going to make a bill, you never know it might hit that sweet 900 spot. Thor 3 made 716ish - CC/RUSS/UKR. I don't see it, I sure in hell don't see its domestic increasing by 40%.

In 3 months you’ll see it. Ticket inflation + character expansion + GOTG + Summer = a big increase. Just remember, Ragnarok increased almost 55% over Dark World.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Thor Ragnarok came out before the double snap of Infinity War and Endgame which greatly expanded the Marvel fanbase worldwide.

I dont see a scenario where Doctor Strange 2 crosses a Billion with ease and Thor 4 somehow fails to do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Thor Ragnarok came out before the double snap of Infinity War and Endgame which greatly expanded the Marvel fanbase worldwide.

I dont see a scenario where Doctor Strange 2 crosses a Billion with ease and Thor 4 somehow fails to do that.

Ummm FFH came out after endgame and IW and increased only 20% domestically. 40% is a stretch and I can see DS2 hitting a billion but not Thor as DS2 is an event movie not like thor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Wait till you realize that shows like Vikings, The Last Kingdom and Vinland saga existed for years.

Wait till you realize that films like THE NORTHMAN and most of Robert Eggers' work will be talked about decades later, while most of these shows will be forgotten about.  

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, KnucklesXXR said:

MOM and L&T both do 55-65% of NWH in equivalent markets. BP2 does 55-65% in OS markets and 70-80% domestically.

55% of NWH, now that ukraine and russia and bielorrusa are dead, is a few million below a billion

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Wait till you realize that films like THE NORTHMAN and most of Robert Eggers' work will be talked about decades later, while most of these shows will be forgotten about.  

I hope you also realize that this is not the Northman movie thread nor the Northman review thread. 

Your posts are unnecessarily baiting and has nothing to do with this movie. Stop now and keep discussions in this thread about this movie. 

• Like 5