TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

A compilation for people tomorrow, verified people only, everyone is RT approved critic or writes for a major publisher. 

So yeah, like i said, even the worst ones still liked it, i think around Guardians 2 reviews will probably be the lowest it will get, maybe a bit higher.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

Wow these reactions are awesome. 

Looks like the movie is incredibly sad. Someone will die. I already saw a lot of people speculating it has to do with Jane storyline with some even thinking she dies but it doesn't seem likely imo. 

I expect critics reception just as good as Ragnarok. Thinking RT will end up in the 87-95%

Also, seems like Post Credits are MAJOR

Edited by Juan Caballo

some of the reactions are very positive, but theres definitely some mixed ones in there and some of the positive ones say its not the best mcu phase 4, so I dont see a reason to expect anything more than shangchi reviews, probably a bit lower

68 metacritic I think

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

some of the reactions are very positive, but theres definitely some mixed ones in there and some of the positive ones say its not the best mcu phase 4, so I dont see a reason to expect anything more than shangchi reviews, probably a bit lower

68 metacritic I think

The amount of mixed ones is almost non existent. This will be the kind of movie where it doesn't take much to make you enjoy it at the very least even if they have some problems. And that's a fresh tomato. 

There's only 1 where it's fully mixed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Let's just call it mixed, shall we? @Cap

Also there’s a report from this thread. But I’m trying to not read this thread because I don’t wanna accidentally get spoiled.

So did someone post spoilers, or are we fighting with each other? Because I politely request you refrain from doing both. Thank you.

Captain America GIF

3 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

This one is very funny. “Best phase 4 after SC and NWH” I.e. 3rd of 6, I.e. 57th percentile for phase 4.   

And beating only movies with A- or worse.

Which means this one will be an A? Oh we won so hard. 

Now bring the 170M OW and the sweet 2.6 multiplier.

11 minutes ago, Juan Caballo said:

The amount of mixed ones is almost non existent. This will be the kind of movie where it doesn't take much to make you enjoy it at the very least even if they have some problems. And that's a fresh tomato. 

There's only 1 where it's fully mixed

I said mixed reviews not negative reviews, mixed can mean "i liked it but not that much", thats probably enough for a fresh tomato, but not for anything above a 6.5, even many of the positive reviews mentioning it being worse than ragnarok and that was "only" a 74 on metacritic, so this is bound to be lower when you bring in the slight "mixedness" some of the reviews had

I assume this probably ends up with a rotten tomatoes in the 80s or even the 90s, but itll probably end up with a meh average rating in the 6 range

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Ehh this is a clear above 80% on RT, even the people that has mixed reactions like the movie in some ways, I have not seen anyone straight hating it.

Weird I read Kristian Harloffsaying that "it has too much humor and you will be fine if you expect a comedy" as if the trailers were not 70% humour, I guess many people are expecting page by page the arc of the comics.

12 minutes ago, Cap said:

Also there’s a report from this thread. But I’m trying to not read this thread because I don’t wanna accidentally get spoiled.

So did someone post spoilers, or are we fighting with each other? Because I politely request you refrain from doing both. Thank you.

Captain America GIF

No spoiler so far but I don't really read reacts.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I said mixed reviews not negative reviews, mixed can mean "i liked it but not that much", thats probably enough for a fresh tomato, but not for anything above a 6.5, even many of the positive reviews mentioning it being worse than ragnarok and that was "only" a 74 on metacritic, so this is bound to be lower when you bring in the slight "mixedness" some of the reviews had

I assume this probably ends up with a rotten tomatoes in the 80s or even the 90s, but itll probably end up with a meh average rating in the 6 range

I don't agree at all. I fully expect a rating in the 7 range. 

9 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

After 1 month The MCU is back

Feige is getting real lucky with his misses. 

Black Widow was meh but not enough to left a real impression, and then right after Shang Chi came with amazing wom. 

Then Eternals came and it was a mess, just to NWH completely erase it a month after. 

Now DS2 was also slighty divisive, and seems like Thor is bringing the crowdpleaser feeling again. 

So far it's all good, but i wonder if eventually Marvel drop 2 bad received movies in sequence if it's gonna have some real impact, because i feel that MCU is by far the franchise where good reviews matters the most for a big part of it's audience. Social media was trully a mess with DS2 because of a totally fine 74% while nobody cares with JWD getting 30%, it's crazy.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 10

Edited by Hatebox