eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

Don't particularly care, though I'm holding out hope for Emily Blunt as Sue.

That seems to be a popular choice online, along with John Krasinski as Reed. I personally love when real life couples get paired together. 

7nobcxupxje11.jpg

Edited by KP1025

3 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

And they were both almost Marvel characters, too. (Krasinski, a fan favorite for Cap, was supposedly on Marvel’s short list; Emily Blunt was actually cast as Black Widow but had to drop out.)

Was Krasinki really a fan favorite back then? I thought he was making fun of for being Jim from The Office. I remember Jensen Ackles was more of a fan favorite than him even. John came really close to the role though, I think he was the second choice. 

In fact, it’s kinda hilarious and alarming to see how far at the bottom of the list Chris Evans was when it came to casting for Cap role back then. People was decidedly against him because he can only be a comedy guy, and only fit to be Johnny Storm. 

Good thing Evans has stubbornly always been Feige’s top choice. You can’t really trust fans to pick actors/actresses for these roles most of the time lol.

That said, John Krasinski as Reed Richards does have some good merits. Especially if he comes with Emily Blunt as a package deal.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Making Sue only a couple of years..if that much..older then her kid brother Johnny totally wrecked the her trying hard to b e surroaget mother for him...

A ~ 2 years older sister can absolute be / end as a surrogate mother to her brother.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sam said:

Was Krasinki really a fan favorite back then? I thought he was making fun of for being Jim from The Office. I remember Jensen Ackles was more of a fan favorite than him even. John came really close to the role though, I think he was the second choice. 

I was probably misremembering. Actually, didn’t he also get the “he can’t be Steve Rogers because he’s not blond!” treatment, too?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sam said:

In fact, it’s kinda hilarious and alarming to see how far at the bottom of the list Chris Evans was when it came to casting for Cap role back then. People was decidedly against him because he can only be a comedy guy, and only fit to be Johnny Storm. 

Good thing Evans has stubbornly always been Feige’s top choice. You can’t really trust fans to pick actors/actresses for these roles most of the time lol.

That said, John Krasinski as Reed Richards does have some good merits. Especially if he comes with Emily Blunt as a package deal.  

Long tradition of this.  "Fans" didn't understand Keaton as Batman, either...but he proved them all wrong. 

Would be great to see Krasinski and Blunt get their just-do with Marvel.  They have both developed into even greater actors/directors/producers since, and after finally seeing A Quiet Place, I can only say... get on that, Marvel.  Perfect pairing.

Either way, Feige's already been clear that he will be treating their "First Family" with the respect that those characters have never quite gotten on screen. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sam said:

Was Krasinki really a fan favorite back then?

No. Not at all. Ackles (Who Should Have Played Clint) and Hammer we’re Top Choices, which some strong support for Mark Valley If they went “older” route.

As someone who was one of those people, it wasn’t just we thought he was wrong for it: he already played a Marvel superhero. Feige himself says that initially dismissed him because of that. He was TOO good/iconic as Johnny Storm. 

that said, John Krasinski as Reed Richards does have some good merits. Especially if he comes with Emily Blunt as a package deal.  

This. This. I don’t care what they look like, tbh, but Krunts package deal is just too sweet to pass up. 

I just really hope Val and Franklin are in it. I don’t want an origin story. I want them to pop out of the Negative Verse fully formed. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DAJK said:

Why would anyone in their right mind care?

Believe it or not but the hardcore f4 fans on superherohype absolutely destest that idea and was one of the reasons for backlash against fant4stic.

They are a bunch of old fart closet mind folks.

14 hours ago, Orestes said:

Don't particularly care, though I'm holding out hope for Emily Blunt as Sue.

Emily Blunt ain't happening cuz you need someone who can be like Chris Evans was to Cap. Do everything while playing that role. Not seen her do that..most of her great movies are when she is playing a serious role/drama/hardcore action.

And no the Mary Poppins movie does not count. That was sugary shit. That's not what Sue Storm is.

Edited by marveldcfox

13 hours ago, KP1025 said:

That seems to be a popular choice online, along with John Krasinski as Reed. I personally love when real life couples get paired together. 

7nobcxupxje11.jpg

The whole reason for them being in conversation is because of their chemistry as husband-wife, which will show on screen. Imagine if they split during filming or later in phase 5? Both of them would be uncomfortable and that chemistry will take a hit. I don't care if they say we are still good friends blah blah. That magic will be missing. I would never take that chance.

16 hours ago, KP1025 said:

7nobcxupxje11.jpg

That is because Emily Blunt is the right age and has the right appreance for the classic Sue Storm

And we know that Kevin Feige likes her.. She was actually cast as The Black Widow before she had to drop out for pregnancy, she was cast as Agent Carter in CA:First Avenger but had to turn it down because of previous commitments.and apparently was very much in the running for Carol Danvers. Maybe with the Invisible Woman, Blunt can finally get into the MCU.

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Emily Blunt ain't happening cuz you need someone who can be like Chris Evans was to Cap. Do everything while playing that role. Not seen her do that..most of her great movies are when she is playing a serious role/drama/hardcore action.

And no the Mary Poppins movie does not count. That was sugary shit. That's not what Sue Storm is.

And you win the ignorant comment of the week award.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 9:21 AM, marveldcfox said:

How will you guys feel if they swap races of characters?

Hmm, I don’t know. Is The Thing’s race considered Big Rocks or Boulders? Either way, I would not be cool if they decide to change his race to Red Clay Bits or something. 

8 hours ago, Mr Terrific said:

Macho Man and Elizabeth made it work (on camera). 

Keanu as Reed?

Keanu would be too cool and handsome to be Reed Richards :P