eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

7 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Underwhelming D23 presentation

Every blogger lied

I don't even know what you're referring to, but I'm going to assume that Online Rumor-Mongers predicted something would be announced...when it wasn't?  

A few more of these sinkholes and maybe the internet fanbases will go back to trusting the Trades a little more and Nerds-R-Us Twitter a little less!  

Edited by Macleod
  • ...wtf 1

23 hours ago, cookie said:

Chadwick and Mahershala Ali were announced before the directors of their respective films were even hired. I think even Brie Larson was hired before the CM directors, or at the same time? Holland and Watts is another one where I think the actor came before the director.

It seems like a simple case of them not zeroing in on the cast yet, with or without Shakman's input.

13 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Chadwick and Mahershala Ali were announced before the directors of their respective films were even hired. I think even Brie Larson was hired before the CM directors, or at the same time? Holland and Watts is another one where I think the actor came before the director.

It seems like a simple case of them not zeroing in on the cast yet, with or without Shakman's input.

Or may be they can't reveal Reed Richards right now as they want to reveal him in Ant-Man 3 or Secret Invasion.

I imagine this is the most difficult to cast of all the upcoming Marvel projects, not only because this is one Marvel property with a less-than-stellar big screen history, but also due to the fact it's imperative that the cast clicks when you have a team with four prominent roles. Another Eternals situation where one of the main criticisms people have is that most of the ensemble have no chemistry (looking at you, Gemma Chan and Richard Madden) is probably the last thing they want.

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Meh, sure, why not? The Russo Brothers didn’t exactly have a prestigious resume either. 

To be fair, the Russo brothers never written a script, only directed (and tbh I’m not that much of a fan of their direction but that’s besides the point). The writers, McFreely and Marcus have written film scripts before. I have no doubt the GA will likely like it enough but I doubt I’ll think this film will be fantastic.

Who are these nobodies assigned to write Marvel's First Family???  Feige should be giving this the royal treatment!  But hey, I wouldn't be surprised if he literally can't get A or even B-list writers on these movies anymore, because they simply aren't interested in working in the Disney-Marvel-Every-Decision-Made-By-Executive-Committee machine...  Who wants to write the 14th Thor?  Who wants to take even a remote possibility that they'll make the FIFTH Fantastic Four stinker???  

Edited by Macleod
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

And it would make the man babies cry. I'm in.

I had a lot of problems with "RIngs of Power" (long time Tolkien fan,) but Ms. Clark was not among them. IMHO she would make a very good Sue Storm.

She might be another Fay Wray a brunette actress who everybody thought was a blond because she was cast so often as a blond.

• Like 1