eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

16 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

John Rocha said it was weird that Emma Stone turned down this as it’s a prestigious project since F4 is Marvel’s first family and all that. Like, how is starring in the third high profile version of F4 prestigious?

In fairness its not that this is the 4th time (3rd publically released) that makes the F4 is prestigious, its the huge comic sales since 1972 that brought it to the bring of cancellation how many times and the premises that only work in a pre 1972 world that gives it is luster.

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't know why everyone is assuming it must be Surfer, if it's even a herald at all. Galactus has had more than just Surfer as a herald.

He had around 20 last i looked. Plenty to take from. Leave SS alone for a while

Give me Terrax plus another please

Not in love with the writer/director team but I'm hopeful given what little we saw of Krasinski in the Doctor Strange 2 film....he was excellent. 

Don't think the female Silver Surfer news will pan out given that we are post peak-Woke (unless there are multiple Silver Surfers so that way they can check off their equity list). 

I am optimistic though. I think FF with the MCU, even in its current form, is better off than with its previous caretakers

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

Not in love with the writer/director team but I'm hopeful given what little we saw of Krasinski in the Doctor Strange 2 film....he was excellent. 

Don't think the female Silver Surfer news will pan out given that we are post peak-Woke (unless there are multiple Silver Surfers so that way they can check off their equity list). 

I am optimistic though. I think FF with the MCU, even in its current form, is better off than with its previous caretakers

For one, Krasinski isn't Reed, Pedro Pascal is. And second, I don't know what you mean by "post peak woke"

Apart from Deadpool 3, this is the only upcoming MCU project I have some interest in. I’m mildly confident in the director and less so with the writer, but hopefully they can pull it off. 

I was more intrigued when rumors said Spielberg was being courted to direct. Too bad that didn’t happen. 

8 hours ago, Squire said:

Apart from Deadpool 3, this is the only upcoming MCU project I have some interest in. I’m mildly confident in the director and less so with the writer, but hopefully they can pull it off. 

I was more intrigued when rumors said Spielberg was being courted to direct. Too bad that didn’t happen. 

Oh, that would've been so interesting.

On 11/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, Warmaster506 said:

Hopefully the female Silver Surfer is false 

Honestly can’t believe y’all are falling for that bait, when it’s obvious the actress is going to be one of the multiple heralds. It’s like when MTTSH lied about a female Ben Grimm.

1 hour ago, Squire said:

Source for this? Haven’t heard that. 

Mostly speculation on my end. Specifically at CCXP. If they're filming in January that's really the only place they can do a big cast announcement like Shakman said they were planning since they'll probably have wrapped principal photography by the time SDCC rolls around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squire said:

Assuming the rumor was true, I’d have to guess Spielberg doesn’t want to do a super hero movie at this stage of his career. 

I don't think the Spielberg rumors were ever really credible. Though why DC and WB never just cleared way to make Blackhawk, which he actually signed onto, happen is beyond mystifying