eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

Another pre-production hell movie, they have been casting for 4 years now. I wonder what shit show is behind the scenes.

I mean, it's not like they need a perfect match, the film is not a Shakespeare adaptation or anything like that.

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Another pre-production hell movie, they have been casting for 4 years now. I wonder what shit show is behind the scenes.

I mean, it's not like they need a perfect match, the film is not a Shakespeare adaptation or anything like that.

We know Emma Stone wanted a hefty paycheck which they were unwilling to pay. Casting is important though, especially for a property like F4.

12 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Well it looks like Marvel will not kick off next summer either unless they can fix Brave New World and are confident in it. Probably should not hold our breath on that. 

If anything, Marvel will STILL kick off Summer 2025 cause BNW new date is Feb '25 for the fixes. Just shift that to May '25, keep Thunderbolts at July '25, and push FF to Nov. '25 (rip Blade)

40 minutes ago, movies!movies! said:

This is likely because of the sudden Mandalorian movie announcement. Lucasfilm will need him for that if they are to film this year, so this one is likely being pushed to later in the year to accomodate his updated schedule.

39 minutes ago, Belakor said:

After Marvel's recent woes I can see a lot of talent being highly reluctant to sign on to what they might see as a sinking ship. I still think that factored into Steven Yeun's recent departure.

Joseph Quinn has a good agent too. He really is making the most of his short Stranger Things stint.  All of sudden he’s in a bunch of huge movies. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I think Thunderbolts will swap dates with FF, or more notably, Thunderbolts goes to May, and Fantastic Four goes to November while Blade takes the July 2025 date.

It would be weird to see a movie like Thunderbolts open the summer for MCU. 

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It would be weird to see a movie like Thunderbolts open the summer for MCU. 

True, but Thunderbolts is in more of a position to get going than FF is even with the loss of Steven Yeun. It’s also possible Cap 4 moves to May to start the year but I see that staying in Feb or (less likely) moving to December 2024. At the very least Disney probably doesn’t want to lose that beginning of May date two years in a row, and wants Marvel to be there as it usually is.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

7 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Really coming out of the closet in the lowest key way possible I guess.  More power to him. 

He was never in the closet tbh. He didn't have beards or say I'm totally not gay which is how (textbook) closet works. He just wasn't doing PDA with his bf but otherwise fans knew he was gay. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Maybe they could move this to November and move Thunderbolts to May. Thunderbolts was originally meant to be the very next film after Cap 4 and the end of Phase Five anyway, right? 

I wouldn't be surprised if stuff moved around a bit. Plus the inevitable schedule shakeup that'll come when Sony finally sets a date for Spider-Man 4, like has happened for literally every MCU Spider-Man movie to date.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

His sister is trans tho (which probably contributed to the Carano stuff)

Carano did disclose that Pedro had tried talking her out of her transphobia by politely educating her and she even had a temporary "change of heart" because of his compassion...

...before relapsing into her bullshit again and then becoming persona non-grata because of it lmao

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Okay I guess it was a little unlikely for Pascal to do all of those

He would have just spread himself too thin, and that would have resulted in a loss of quality.