eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

9 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I hope so because so far I think they've been the best rumored choices. Man, there's been some really weird rumors for this.

Someone said casting the new FF has become the biggest casting game for the public since the

Search for Scarlett O Hara in Gone With The Wind. They might be right.

If Robbie is in, then they need to cast Johnny a lot younger then Robbie.The whole point it Sue is trying to be a surrogate mother for her kid brother.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:43 PM, keysersoze123 said:

This movie will be HUGE if they execute it well. Potential is there. At least Driver is not playing a bad guy again 🙂

The release date is bad. The hype of F4 is very much due to people's assumption of Reed's role in Secret Wars, but once they announce the cast of Kang Dynasty and once people know Reed is not appearing in KD, it will dampen the hype of the movie. Imo, they should release the movie close to Secret Wars, not close to Kang Dynasty.

11 hours ago, Willowra said:

The release date is bad. The hype of F4 is very much due to people's assumption of Reed's role in Secret Wars, but once they announce the cast of Kang Dynasty and once people know Reed is not appearing in KD, it will dampen the hype of the movie. Imo, they should release the movie close to Secret Wars, not close to Kang Dynasty.

I...don't think people care about that. The Fantastic Four are a pretty well known team, they just haven't had a watchable movie in 20 years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

I dont think anyone that's not a comic fan cares about the fantasic four 

To some extent, this is true. Being the backbone of the modern day Marvel universe makes them pretty pivotal and prevents them from being obscure, but they're not exactly popular either. Not after three unsuccessful film franchise attempts. As a brand it's in the same weird limbo as the X-Men right now: inbetween niche and popular.

On 5/10/2023 at 11:19 PM, SpiderByte said:

I...don't think people care about that. The Fantastic Four are a pretty well known team, they just haven't had a watchable movie in 20 years.

Black Panther and Captain Marvel made billion using that formula; if they release F4 close to Secret Wars, it will do much better at the box office than releasing it before KD.

4 hours ago, Willowra said:

Black Panther and Captain Marvel made billion using that formula; if they release F4 close to Secret Wars, it will do much better at the box office than releasing it before KD.

Yeah but the plots of those movies had almost nothing to do with either

According to Sneider:

Emma Stone was approached for the role of Sue, and for 72 hours it looked like it was hers. However she asked for 20M and Marvel said that was not something they could agree with.

Emma Stone is a fantastic actress and I would have loved this choice. At the same time 20M is a lot especially since Disney are probably wanting the budget for this movies go down. If you´re paying 20M just for Sue, then the whole F4 cast will go in the 50-60M range. Considering how non-efficient Marvel can be with their budgets and reshoots it probably wasn´t feasible. For the first movie it makes sense why Marvel couldn´t agree to that. Bummed about it tho.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thajdikt said:

According to Sneider:

Emma Stone was approached for the role of Sue, and for 72 hours it looked like it was hers. However she asked for 20M and Marvel said that was not something they could agree with.

Emma Stone is a fantastic actress and I would have loved this choice. At the same time 20M is a lot especially since Disney are probably wanting the budget for this movies go down. If you´re paying 20M just for Sue, then the whole F4 cast will go in the 50-60M range. Considering how non-efficient Marvel can be with their budgets and reshoots it probably wasn´t feasible. For the first movie it makes sense why Marvel couldn´t agree to that. Bummed about it tho.

Emma saving herself for live action Alternate Universe Spider-Gwen in Secret Wars

On 5/11/2023 at 4:26 AM, WorkingonaName said:

I dont think anyone that's not a comic fan cares about the fantasic four 

I wouldn't call myself a comic fan, but I have seen every F4 movie to date, because I am always assured of a good time.

Not a good movie, but a good time.  I read this topic because it's exciting to see when/if Marvel finally makes a decent F4 movie.

I actually think interest here will be pretty solid. People are familiar with the team but there is nothing definitive. 

...Can we have Chris Evans Johnny Storm encounter Chris Evans Steve Rogers ?