Alli

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott, Matt Damon & Adam Driver | October 15, 2021

13 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

guaranteed: Very, very good cinematography, sets, costumes, overall visuals, etc.

Not guaranteed: a good script

Its the Riddler way.

well if we look at the writers it's affleck, damon and nicole holofcener. affleck and damon are hit and miss but i'd say mostly hit. also nicole holofcener i like a lot. i'm sure she was added on to make sure they had a female voice for their rape movie. i suppose it's an encouraging sign that they even bothered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

Something tells me filming's going to be halted for a couple weeks because of the COVID-19, if they aren't already trying to finish as fast as they can.

I think Affleck’s already wrapped, considering all the pics of him on holiday with his new girlfriend lol

Edited by TMP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

But filming in Ireland has been stalled :( 

Ridley Scott is editing everything he has so far though, this'll come out in December. If Scott could replace Spacey a month before release, a global pandemic is nothing

• Like 4

14 hours ago, TMP said:

Ridley Scott is editing everything he has so far though, this'll come out in December. If Scott could replace Spacey a month before release, a global pandemic is nothing

Yeah, when Scott really gets going, he moves pretty damn fast. And seeing as they've probably gotten a decent chunk of the film shot already, they don't need to spend too much time to finish production once the outbreak starts to plateau.

They should be able to make the release date in time.

• Thanks 1

well, that Spacey movie isn't the best comparison cause it came and went without any impact. I bet this thing costs a fortune and release date positions it as an awards player. they want boxoffice and Oscar legs a la 1917. So whatever. Maybe it turns out good, we'll see. I'm all for Benaissance. 

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

well, that Spacey movie isn't the best comparison cause it came and went without any impact. I bet this thing costs a fortune and release date positions it as an awards player. they want boxoffice and Oscar legs a la 1917. So whatever. Maybe it turns out good, we'll see. I'm all for Benaissance. 

That movie turned out well and its best elements (like Christopher Plummer) were from the quick reshoot

• Like 3

Okay, I've checked what the different phases for reopening Ireland are, and it seems to me that the earliest this could restart filming is in July (phase 3 starts 29 June), though I imagine the more realistic date for filming to resume would be in August after phase 5 is announced (10 August).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

Okay, I've checked what the different phases for reopening Ireland are, and it seems to me that the earliest this could restart filming is in July (phase 3 starts 29 June), though I imagine the more realistic date for filming to resume would be in August after phase 5 is announced (10 August).

Either seems likely. Though I'm leaning with the more conservative estimate.