Alli

The Last Duel - Ridley Scott, Matt Damon & Adam Driver | October 15, 2021

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

Historical epics from Ridley Scott is a genre in itself. I'm so there!

Sure, the films went downhill after Gladiator but at worst they still look top notch from a production standpoint.

Kingdom of Heaven DC is great imo.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

It is superior to the theatrical cut, yes, but i can't get past the fact he cast Orlando "wooden charisma vacuum" Bloom. Why? WHY?! The film could have been so much better with a better leading man....

This looks UH-MAZING and very different to what I was expecting, too.  But then I wonder...why should we expect any different from the MAESTRO?  CHEERS to an 83-YEAR-OLD RIDLEY SCOTT for this!!  Just hope it's more "Kingdom of Heaven" than "Alien: Covenant"!!  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, Valonqar said:

Like TLJ's what happened between Luke and Kylo? That had 3 accounts with differences. 

Kind of.

TLJ does the Rashomon structure on a smaller and more limited scale. If The Last Duel actually takes a Rashomon structure you'd in essence have a movie structured around each narrator giving their account of the same set of events.

• Like 1

Again, I maintain:

This is either going to be a train wreck and I’m gonna be entertained for two hours.

or, This is going to be a gladiator-esque awesome movie with Joustng, and I’m going to be entertained for two hours

So this feels like a win-win

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Kingdom of Heaven is a movie which exists only because of everyone saying "The directors cut is so much better". That's literally the only thing anyone ever says about that movie.

• Haha 1