Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

@Rth Ragnarok / Alfred(not sure about his id)

Any BO numbers for Thor 3. I thought it opened on tuesday?

4,8 mill$ so far

http://deadline.com/2017/10/thor-ragnarok-opening-international-box-office-1202195342/

Edited by fmpro
  • Thanks 1

So around £3.6m in two days, probably close to £5m including today. I expect it'll have quite a strong weekend, so something around the £13m ($17m) mark sounds reasonable. Never really know with Marvel though. Sometimes their films really explode on the weekends. However it is half term so the weekend effect shouldn't be as pronounced.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

A 17m opening week will be equal to what Guardians 2 did (17.85m for 4 days) on its way to 52m

SMH opened to about 11.8m (5 days) on its way to 40m

WW opened to 7.9 (4 days) on its way to 28/30m

So if it opens to 17 million I would say it is looking at around 40-50 if its legs are as good as SMH

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

A 17m opening week will be equal to what Guardians 2 did (17.85m for 4 days) on its way to 52m

SMH opened to about 11.8m (5 days) on its way to 40m

WW opened to 7.9 (4 days) on its way to 28/30m

So if it opens to 17 million I would say it is looking at around 40-50 if its legs are as good as SMH

Guardians had far less competition compared to Thor, I think Marvel will be fine if Thor does £30-33m total, Murder on the Orient Express, Paddington 2 and JL will hurt its legs 

• Thanks 1

Weekdays will be weak starting next week right(half term ending). Spidey's run was mostly during summer break and so that helped its run (

12,091,381 30.5% $39,582,694

)

Plus this is 6 day weekend. It would be easier to extrapolate from friday to sunday weekend. Anyway it needs just 24m pounds to beat Thor 2 in $ value and that is highly likely at this point. 

On 10/27/2017 at 8:36 AM, Heretic said:

So around £3.6m in two days, probably close to £5m including today. I expect it'll have quite a strong weekend, so something around the £13m ($17m) mark sounds reasonable. Never really know with Marvel though. Sometimes their films really explode on the weekends. However it is half term so the weekend effect shouldn't be as pronounced.

Minionscheer73F.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

£12m for Thor. It's good, but considering this was a 6-day opening, and it was half term, it's nothing extraordinary. Expected a little more, but then I guess Thor was never really that big. 

It'll have good legs even with Murder on the Orient Express next weekend and it still has IMAX, 4DX and other PLFs until JL in three weeks. 

What are people's thoughts on Orient? A lot probably depends on whether it's actually good or not, but this is exactly the type of film that British audiences love. Pre sales look pretty strong, I expect it'll have a pretty good OW. Maybe £5-6m.