TMP

Next Goal Wins | November 17, 2023 | Searchlight | Taika Waititi movie on Samoan Football Team

Honestly, how did Taika fuck this up? This should've been a layup

Jojo Rabbit's initial reception out of Tiff (and really over reception) was mixed but the RT score at least recovered and was a crowdpleaser. I expect General Audiences will probably still like this but I'm kinda uncertain of the RT Score recovering, and a rotten score for this just guarantees people are not gonna go see this

Looks like both Taika's "one for them" (Thor 4) and "one for me" (this one) movies will be badly received and do way less than expected. Maybe he needs to just be on TV for a while before coming back with his next movie. It feels like no one wanted to make Thor 4 in the first place anyway.

Considering this was greenlighted by FOX's old regime, it isn't even a one for them/one for me, unless he asked Disney to be able to do reshoots and get this a theatrical release, but considering how such a non-starter this is shaping up to be, it might as well have been a Hulu Original.