SLAM!

SUR(VI)VOR Ep. 2: Blinded by the Headlights

*All 21 players line up on the sidewalk facing the busy road and a city block’s worth of stores.*

SLAM!: This challenge, inspired by the sleeper hit Good Boys, tasks you with running across the street, navigating your way through the cars that are waiting at the stoplight, and searching the ten businesses for predictions!

StarWarsMemer: So it’s a high-stakes game of Konami’s Frogger? I’m down for that!

PanaMovie: (cocks an eyebrow) Seems like there’s one person who still cares about Konami after that Kojima debacle.

Kjtc: (to StarWarsMemer) …Who are you again?

StarWarsMemer: Oh! I’m MeowwoeM! I just go by a different title now!

chasmmi: That’s not confusing at all…

*A gun is fired in the air, and all the contestants run into the street. Well… All the contestants excluding Avatree, baumer, Darth Lehnsherr, MrGamer, Premium George, and Wrath, who are still on the sidewalk.*

SLAM!: Um… The competition’s started…

Avatree: (curled up into a ball) I have motorphobia… I’m afraid of automobiles… The bus ride was a different thing because riding it was a shared experience among many people… Lightning McQueen scarred me for life… I’m sorry, Team Asgard… I know I gotta prove myself, but…

Darth Lehnsherr: (stands in a poised manner) I was conditioned at a young age not to run into the street. ‘Tis an inappropriate behavior.

MrGamer: My shoelaces are tied together… (He frantically tries to untie the knot connecting his feet together, but to no avail.)

*Wrath crosses his arms in silence. Premium George looks down at him. baumer watches from a distance with his hands behind his head.*

Premium George: Well, “Team Leader”?

Wrath: (silence)

Premium George: As soon as you participate, I’ll participate. I’m only following your lead.

Wrath: …You’re only shooting yourself in the foot

*baumer looks away…*

CONFESSIONAL – Premium George: With three of our team members out of the game, we will surely go to tribal council… And that’s exactly what I need to get Wrath out of this game.

CONFESSIONAL – Wrath: I’m sitting out because I strained my wrists trying to pull that slingshot. I know that’s selfish on my part. If my teammates vote me out, I get it. But Premium George acting all high and mighty, and subsequently pulling his stunt, could provide good cover for me… The other teams see me as weak, which is a good thing…

CONFESSIONAL – baumer: (inhales and exhales) I know I should be participating, but…

*Inside a record store with a bunch of Bruce Springsteen statues, the other four members of Team Sokovia meet together.*

PanaMovie: Looks like three of us are sitting out.

Reddroast: Sweet beans in a basket…

Fancyarcher: What? That’s disheartening…

Rorschach: Now’s not the time to worry. Two of Team Wakanda’s also sitting out. If we play well, we could still manage safety. Worst case scenario, we can vote one of them out.

PanaMovie: Hey, what’s the goal of this competition, anyway? To find predictions?

Reddroast: Maybe by predictions, he means the items that are in the stores! Looks like I’m stealing some of these vinyl records here!

*The Springsteen statues turn their heads towards Reddroast, and their eyes become red.*

Springsteen Statues: (in unison) Baby, you were born to run AWAY FROM OUR LASERS!

Reddroast: Uh-oh.

*Four of the Team Wakanda members stand above an indoor pool. The predictions are in the bottom of pool.*

Kjtc: This doesn’t seem like too challenging of a room…

captainwondyful: Of course it doesn’t! It’s just a pool! You should jump in before I do!

Claire of Themyscira: Yeah, no… You guys know one of the films is 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, right? Ain’t no way there’s not any sharks in here.

*A shark fin passes them by.*

DAJK: …Yeah, I’m not going in…

Kjtc: Where’s ZeeSoh again? I’m sure he’d go in to get the predictions.

Claire of Themyscira: He’s too good for aquatic creatures. He’s in the circus animal salesman’s shop… fighting lions…

*In the circus animal salesman’s shop…*

ZeeSoh: COME AND GET A PIECE OF ME, SIMBA!!

*In the pool area…*

captainwondyful: They wouldn’t put sharks in the water… Those have to be animatronics!

Kjtc: That makes sense. I’m going in.

*Kjtc dives in, much to everyone’s shock.*

DAJK: Oh. Oh dear. Those are real sharks.

Claire of Themyscira: He’s gonna need a bigger amount of common sense…

*Kjtc leaps out of the water, jumping over the sharks, and shows everyone the predictions.*

Kjtc: There. Hopefully we’ll be able to win with these.

*Meanwhile, Team Asgard is meeting inside a Blockbuster video store.*

chasmmi: We don’t have Avatree, but we have plenty of people to win. Me, YourMother, and… StarWarsMemer… will search through this store. Sheikh, Keanu, and Thanos Legion, you three will go to the restaurant next door. Capeesh?

YourMother the Edgelord: There’s probably predictions inside this bag of jalepeño chips… I’ll start eating them… munch munch munch…

StarWarsMemer: I never thought I’d be in a Blockbuster again! *accidently knocks over standees of Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Margot Robbie*

(chasmmi sighs)

*In the restaurant…*

Keanu: All I see inside this restaurant are a bunch of middle-aged adults wearing turtleneck sweaters… It’s like a Richard Linklater film…

Thanos Legion: The ambience of this eatery matches the ambience that would serve well distributed all over the universe… I mean, we need to find those predictions…

*Sheikh spots a middle-aged woman and walks up to her.*

Sheikh: Are you Bernadette, by any chance?

Bernadette: Why, yes. I am Bernadette.

*The turtleneck sweater people stand up in unison.*

Bernadette: Unfortunately for you and your friends… No one finds Bernadette and makes it out alive… Mwahahaha!

Keanu: Goodness me… This is more than I bargained for…

Sheikh: Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it…

*Sheikh analyzes the room like Robert Downey Jr’s version of Sherlock Holmes, and he knocks all of the turtleneck sweater people unconscious. Including Bernadette.*

Thanos Legion: Impressive.

*Meanwhile, in the record store, Reddroast is curled into a ball as red lasers are flying everywhere.*

Reddroast: I’m usually a courageous person… These statues are just spooking me… I’m sorry, guys…

PanaMovie: No biggie, man. We’ll take it from here.

Rorschach: The three of us against all these statues. Is that a good plan?

Fancyarcher: It’s a good a plan as any.

*Fancyarcher, PanaMovie, and Rorschach all fight the statues while Reddroast hides behind the reception desk.*

*ZeeSoh limps into the Blockbuster video store while StarWarsMemer is still trying to reposition the standees and YourMother is eating a bag of chips.*

ZeeSoh: I got somethin’ to say to chasmmi…

YourMother: Well, you’re out of luck. He’s in the gym. You know, the store that’s inspired by Hobbs and Shaw.

*In the gym…*

chasmmi: 100 squats, 100 push-ups, and 100 on the bench-press in order to have the best percentage of the challenge… Yeah, I can handle that… One… Two… Three…

*In the video store…*

YourMother: How’s DAJK doing, if I may ask.

ZeeSoh: I’m sure you’d love to know how he’s doing.

YourMother: I would.

ZeeSoh: Well, he’s fine… He’s probably already forgotten he ever had a showmance with you.

YourMother: Our love transcends showmance, thank you very much. Oh… I found predictions in the bad of chips after all… That’s pretty good…

ZeeSoh: Well, if you love those chips so much, why don’t you marry them instead of DAJK. Okay?

*ZeeSoh limps away while YourMother stands in confusion.*

*All of the contestants gather at the original sidewalk.*

SLAM!: Alright! Now that the game’s over, let’s see the results:

TEAM ASGARD

Spoiler

@chasmmi – 90.03%

@Thanos Legion – (88.29% +1.5%) = 89.79%

@Sheikh – (88.48% + 1%) = 89.48%

@YourMother the Edgelord – 80.28%

@Keanu – 78.16%

@StarWarsMemer – 74.84%

@Avatree – 35.76% (placeholder)                                        

Total Average – 76.91%

TEAM SOKOVIA

Spoiler

@Fancyarcher – (84.54% + 3%) = 87.54%

@Rorschach – 83.28%

@PanaMovie – 83.27%

@Reddroast – 49.97%

@baumer – 35.76% (placeholder)

@Premium George – 35.76% (placeholder)

@Wrath – 35.76% (placeholder)

Total Average – 58.76%

TEAM WAKANDA

Spoiler

@ZeeSoh – 89.70%

@Kjtc – 88.67%

@DAJK– 88.61%

@Claire of Themyscira – 81.22%

@captainwondyful – 81.05%

@Darth Lehnsherr – 35.76% (placeholder)

@MrGamer 35.76% (placeholder)

Total Average – 71.54%

SLAM!: Team Asgard takes the win for the first weekend challenge!

Thanos Legion: Excellent.

SLAM!: And it’s Team Sokovia who is at risk of elimination! Fancyarcher is immune on account of having the #1 score, but everyone else is fair game.

Rorschach: That’s what happens when three of our members don’t send in predictions…

(baumer, Premium George, and Wrath all glance at each other.)

SLAM!: Regarding the lack of predictions… I did not get predictions from @Avatree, @baumer, @Darth Lehnsherr, @MrGamer, @Premium George, and @Wrath. They were given the placeholder score of 35.76%. If they fail to predict in the next weekend challenge, then they will automatically be eliminated from the game.

Here is the information you need to know for the coming week:

Spoiler

TUCK SHOP

The Tuck Shop is officially open for business!

Every week, a subset of items will be on sale at the tuck shop. Buy a quick boost now, or wait for something better down the road! Here is everyone's current balance. If you are not listed, you have 0 coins.

The highest scoring member of each team gets two coins.

Every member of the winning team gets three coins.

In the case that a player who did not send in predictions is on the winning team, that player will not receive tuck shop coins.

Current Balance

5: chasmmi

3: Keanu, Sheikh, StarsWarsMemer, Thanos Legion, YourMother the Edgelord

2: Fancyarcher, ZeeSoh

CANDY APPLE - 3 Coins (Gives your weekend predictions a boost of 2%.)

This is the only item on sale this week. PM me if you want it by Thursday, July 26th at 11:59PM EST! Also, remember that you do not need to use it this week! Simply indicate in any weekend game when you will be using it!

TRIBAL COUNCIL - FOR TEAM SOKOVIA ONLY

Sorry Team Sokovia, but you will be sent to Tribal Council. All team members must send me a PM with who they wish to vote off the island. However, there is hope. The second immunity challenge is also listed below. Winning the challenge will make you immune from elimination for this week.

SECOND IMMUNITY: PREDICT THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY GROSSES (NOT PTAS) OF...

Good Boys

The Angry Birds Movie 2

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Votes are due by Wednesday at 5PM EST.

Second Immunity Predictions are due by Tuesday, August 20th at 11:59 PM EST.

(I recommend giving your vote alongside your second immunity predictions.)

Good luck to all of the Team Sokovia players!

WEEKEND CHALLENGE #2

PREDICT THE THREE DAY WEEKEND OF THE FOLLOWING FILMS

Angel Has Fallen

Overcomer

The Peanut Butter Falcon

Ready or Not

Good Boys

Fast & Furious: Hobbs and Shaw

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The Lion King

Predictions are due by Thursday, August 22nd at 11:59 PM EST.

(There will not be a Flash Fight this week.)

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

So I have some potentially perturbing news:

I have meetings that are going to last for a long time on Monday nights going forward. The weekend actuals were released onto Box Office Mojo at 6:00 PM EST, which means that I would have an hour before I have to leave for the meeting--give or take--to do my calculations, which took me two hours tonight. Because of the meetings, the time that the results are posted might be pushed to a much later time--like, late late. I'll be talking to Spaghetti about things I can do, but for the record, I think it is vital to have the results posted on Monday nights so that the Tribal Council people have a full 24 Hours' notice that they are, well, going to Tribal Council. I'm gonna find a way to make it work, but please understand if influences out of my control throw some of my timing off-balance going forward.

Also, I'm not sure what my college classes are going to entail yet. I was already planning on spacing out Flash Fights, but it might be a week or two before there's another flash fight. And the next flash fight or two might not go as 'in-depth' with story content as the last one did for that reason.

I just wanted to keep all of the players up to date, and I'll be keeping you up to date going forward! Thank you all for your enthusiasm!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Is there a history behind that placeholder score of 35.76? Seems so oddly specific.

I looked and saw that it was the placeholder score of Episode 3 last seaspn. Next time the placeholder score will be the lowest score divided by 2.

@baumer @PanaMovie @Premium George @Reddroast @Rorschach @Wrath 

Please keep in mind that your predictions for Second Immunity are due tonight at 11:59 PM EST! Votes for who want to eliminate are due tomorrow at 5:00 PM EST, but I recommend providing your vote alongside the Second Immunity prediction. Again, you are providing Tuesday Grosses for the following films:

Good Boys

The Angry Birds Movie II

Of course, you don't have to provide numbers for this, but... it could be your only chance to save yourself from elimination.

Thank you, and good luck!

7 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

@baumer @PanaMovie @Premium George @Reddroast @Rorschach @Wrath 

Please keep in mind that your predictions for Second Immunity are due tonight at 11:59 PM EST! Votes for who want to eliminate are due tomorrow at 5:00 PM EST, but I recommend providing your vote alongside the Second Immunity prediction. Again, you are providing Tuesday Grosses for the following films:

Good Boys

The Angry Birds Movie II

Of course, you don't have to provide numbers for this, but... it could be your only chance to save yourself from elimination.

Thank you, and good luck!

Already sent

I have another question that might be obvious to people more experienced with survivor: what happens if the person who received the most votes for elimination wins the immunity challenge?    

Is it:  

A) next most votes gets eliminated

B ) no one eliminated that week  

C) vote again to eliminate someone who definitely won’t be immune 

D) something else   

Also how are ties broken, e.g. if one person receives one elimination vote and 2 other people get 3 each?

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I have another question that might be obvious to people more experienced with survivor: what happens if the person who received the most votes for elimination wins the immunity challenge?    

Is it:  

A) next most votes gets eliminated

B ) no one eliminated that week  

C) vote again to eliminate someone who definitely won’t be immune 

D) something else   

Also how are ties broken, e.g. if one person receives one elimination vote and 2 other people get 3 each?

In the event that the person with the majority vote wins the immunity challenge, the player with the next most votes is eliminated.

In the event of a tie, those 2 players with 3 votes each will have their Second Immunity scores compared. The player with the lowest Second Immunity average percentage out of those two players is eliminated from the game.

• Like 1

TRIBAL COUNCIL #1

@baumer @Fancyarcher @PanaMovie @Premium George @Reddroast @Rorschach @Wrath

SLAM!: Hi, Team Sokovia! Welcome to the first Tribal Council of the season! It's time for you guys to vote one of your teammates out!

PanaMovie: (cocks an eyebrow) You say that like it's a happy thing...

Fancyarcher: But it's really a sad thing...

Reddroast: Well, at least we can vote out one of the ones that didn't play! Right?

*Voting commences.*

Fancyarcher: I'm sorry... *He puts his vote in the box and walks off.*

Rorschach: This is for the good of the team... *He carefully places his vote.*

PanaMovie: Lots of easy targets to choose from this time around... *Slams his vote in and trots off.*

Reddroast: Hmm... This person seems like a good one to vote out... *He hurriedly jots down his vote.*

SLAM!: Huh? Only four of you voted...

*baumer, Premium George, and Wrath sit in silence.*

SLAM!: Well... There's no rule against not voting. Before I reveal the votes, may the winner of the Second Immunity challenge please reveal themselves?

Spoiler

*PanaMovie stands up.*

PanaMovie: That would be me.

SLAM!: 95.50%. Very impressive score. That would've been tough to beat.

*Reddroast gulps.*

SLAM!: Let's reveal the votes. The first vote is for...

Spoiler

Reddroast

SLAM!: The second vote is for...

Spoiler

Premium George

SLAM!: The third vote is for...

Spoiler

Reddroast

SLAM!: First player eliminated off Survivor: Season Six...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

REDDROAST

SLAM!: That's three votes, that's enough, you need to bring me your torch.

Reddroast: Dang, man...

*Reddroast brings his torch to SLAM!.*

SLAM!: Reddroast. The tribe has spoken.

*SLAM! snuffs out Reddroast's torch. Reddroast turns to the other team members.*

Reddroast: No hard feelings. Good luck to you all.

*Reddroast leaves with a smile on his face.*

CONFESSIONAL - Reddroast: It's a shame. I would've kept the player who was actually playing, but... It is what it is.

SLAM!: 1 down, 20 to go! Can the contestants survive the next crazy and imaginative challenges? Who will be eliminated next? Will any of the competitors who did not play the last Weekend Challenge be eliminated due to negligence? And what crazy twist would come out of a mass exodus of players? Find out on the next episode of Survivor!

Post-Council Story Content

Spoiler

*Fancyarcher, PanaMovie, and Rorschach meet together.*

Fancyarcher: I think we need to have one on ones with each of the other three team members. Ask why they didn't play the Weekend Challenge.

Rorschach: That's a good idea. Fancyarcher, you talk to Wrath. PanaMovie, you talk to Premium George. I'll talk to baumer.

PanaMovie: Why do I have to talk to the narcissist...

*Rorschach meets with baumer.*

Rorschach: Hey, baumer.

baumer: Hey.

Rorschach: You've been absent from competition... You were a great player last season... What's up?

*baumer takes some time to respond.*

Rorschach: It's okay. You can tell me. I won't be mad.

baumer: ...I'm not sure if I want to be here...

Rorschach: You're not?

*baumer hunches forward and stares down at the ground.*

Rorschach: It's okay. If you leave, that's fine. But it'd be great if you played. We'd love to have you on our team.

*Rorschach leaves baumer sitting there.*

*PanaMovie meets with Premium George.*

PanaMovie: Hey, dude, I just wanted to ask--

Premium George: Do not bother. I will only play if Wrath plays.

PanaMovie: Hey. Just because I'm a newcomer doesn't mean you can push me around.

Premium George: I can push anyone around. I am the Most Premium George.

PanaMovie: Really, man? See a psychologist when you're out of the game.

*PanaMovie storms away.*

*Fancyarcher meets Wrath.*

Fancyarcher: Hey, buddy...

Wrath: Please don't call me buddy... We're definitely friends, but... don't call me buddy...

Fancyarcher: That's fine. Wrath... You're still playing with us, right?

*Wrath thinks for a moment.*

Wrath: If I tell you something, can you keep it a secret?

Fancyarcher: Sure.

Wrath: I didn't throw that Flash Fight. And I was shaken up by that failure. That's why I...

Fancyarcher: ...Weren't you going to do this for Han?

*Wrath thinks for a moment.*

Fancyarcher: Your Flash Fight mishap, your feud with Premium George, all the pressure... you don't have to let it overwhelm you. Team Sokovia is here to support you, no matter what happens.

*Fancyarcher walks away, and Wrath thinks to himself.*

*Fancyarcher, PanaMovie, and Rorschach meet together.*

Rorschach: The good news is that, if they do play the next weekend challenge, they'll still be in the game. I'm just not sure if they will...

Fancyarcher: No matter what happens, let's remember going forward that the three of us shared this moment.

PanaMovie: I'm down for that.

*The three of them huddle up and put their fists in a circle. Their bonds deepen.*

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

@Avatree @baumer @captainwondyful @chasmmi @Claire of Themyscira @DAJK @Darth Lehnsherr @Fancyarcher @Keanu @Kjtc @MrGamer @PanaMovie @Premium George @Rorschach @StarWarsMemer @Sheikh @Thanos Legion @Wrath @YourMother the Edgelord @ZeeSoh

I want to officially announce that I am pushing the deadline of all the challenges and things like that to 11:59 PM PST. That's three extra hours for everyone to send in their numbers for those who need it. The trade off is that, for weekly challenges, any predictions sent to me after that time will receive a -10% deduction.

(Edit: I probably should've specified this earlier, but the hard cut-off for predictions to be sent is the announcement of the Thursday Preview numbers.)

But please remember that predictions for the Weekly Challenge are due tonight at 11:59 PM PST.

If you did not send in predictions for last week's Weekly Challenge and you do not send in predictions for this one, you will be automaticallly eliminated from the game.

Thank you! I eagerly await your predictions!

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For anyone who is curious about when the results will be posted:

I've prepared myself to crunch the numbers, and I've already written a majority of the story content for tonight's episode, but I have to do something with my family, so I'll likely be posting the episode later in the night than I did last week. But it's definitely coming tonight! Stay tuned!

• Like 5